Training What the tag says - training 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Very light session today as you'd expect with the AFL players flying back Saturday night/yesterday and the WAFL players having a slog in the wet. A handful of basic skill drills only

Wellingham and Butler predictable no shows after sustaining injuries

Barrass and Cole were also absent though which may or may not be a concern come selection time

Sheppard was a late starter and did no more than walk a couple of laps with Venables as company. That "setback" for Venables is morphing into something more sinister

Hurn, Schofield, Snadden, Mitchell, Tunbridge, Hill and Cripps didn't do much more than stand around handballing to each other

Nelson and Rioli were moving OK as was Waterman. The latter two I suspect will be a chance for some reserves action the week after the bye for EP

Priddis and Lecras did most of the training but as I said he was a very light session so not much to read into that other than to say it's the first time in weeks I've seen lecca at one of these sessions

Part of Mitchell's contract also requires him to collect the balls after training it seems. Was an odd sight seeing him walking around with the ball bag. Roped Willie into helping him

Uneventful session really
Sheppard, Mcinnes, Watson, gaff, yeo,masten and waterman were all at a south freo clinic this morning, ,might explain shep being late

Sheppard, Mcinnes, Watson, gaff, yeo,masten and waterman were all at a south freo clinic this morning, ,might explain shep being late
All the others you named were there from the start so not sure if that's the reason.

What do you mean sinister?
That his turf toe is taking longer to repair than first thought or there's something more serious and his return is quite a way off

Initially this injury was only going to keep him out for 2-3 weeks and he's been on the 1-2 week injury list treadmill for the last couple of weeks now. If he was a chance of returning to EP after their bye he should be doing more than walking laps at this stage

Eeyore says it's only a matter of time before they pack him away in cotton wool for 2018

That his turf toe is taking longer to repair than first thought or there's something more serious and his return is quite a way off

Initially this injury was only going to keep him out for 2-3 weeks and he's been on the 1-2 week injury list treadmill for the last couple of weeks now. If he was a chance of returning to EP after their bye he should be doing more than walking laps at this stage

Eeyore says it's only a matter of time before they pack him away in cotton wool for 2018

I was surprised when they said 2-3 weeks for turf toe.. It is a 5-6 week injury so i am not surprised he isn't doing much.

May be why they sent him back to Vic to visit mates/family too? No point having him mope around in the rehab group if he can't do much.
When did that happen?

Don't recall seeing anything about it

When did that happen?

Don't recall seeing anything about it
Instagram. I commented on the Game day thread that he chose to watch Jayden Leverde play for the bombers VFL side over watching the boys play the dogs.

Instagram. I commented on the Game day thread that he chose to watch Jayden Leverde play for the bombers VFL side over watching the boys play the dogs.

Don't like the sound of that at all ... not a good look! Should have been watching our boys grind out a win.

Yuk

That's not a very positive sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have been catching up with a mate. If I only had a couple of days off I probably wouldn't hang around with the club either

Don't like the sound of that at all ... not a good look! Should have been watching our boys grind out a win.
Yuk

That's not a very positive sign
As an individual he is allowed to do what ever he likes to do when he is granted leave. That said, publishing that on social media is very poor form. Would like to see our leaders have a chat to him and show him that its not on. Our senior players take the time and effort to go watch him play for EP when they could be at home or somewhere else.

Mountain, molehill and all that. I don't think its a big deal. Yes it would have been great if he was there getting inspiration from the team but if they sent him back for a couple of days to visit the family and friends he's entitled to do so. Let's not forget his age and that this is his first year out West.

He idolizes Shuey and that'll grow when Shuey is captain. He will hang around.

What was his foot injury last year/start of this year?

Would be hard for an 18 year old to be cut off from friends/family in Vic whilst also not being able to be in the main squad day to day. See no harm in letting him go back to vic for a few days, he'd probably be pretty thankful to the club for letting him.

Yeah, not sure there is anything wrong with him going to that game and posting on social media about it. Allowing him to do his thing on his break back in Melbourne may help him feel more relaxed about being at a Perth club.

Bit of a worry if he's got another foot issue. Hope this doesn't turn into Cavka 2.0
Went and checked - it was a lisfranc fracture

New problem is turf toe

Don't think this is another Cavka

Remove this Banner Ad

Back