News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you on about mate? What's the saints disco ?? =S
It's a podcast. I contributed a suggestion on it, but somebody called Stavro came up with another one. I thought it might be you. Just having a joke with you, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article from Triple M mentions each clubs fastest player based on GPS data from matches.

Interesting to see Tim Membrey was our fastest at 33.4 km/h.
It was also the slowest top speed out of all clubs.

Not sure what to make of this or how accurate the data is but thought it was interesting.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/whos-the-fastest-player-at-your-club/amp
Top speed isn't as big of an issue as some might think to be honest..

I'd be more interested to see each teams quickest over the first 20m. Rarely do players carry the footy for more then 20-30 meters anyway.
It's burst from stoppage/off the mark when leading, that's a lot more important.

Did anyone watch Lateline tonight?

Was a kid on it who made teddy bears to raise funds for cancer sufferers.

At the end of the interview, he was wearing a saints cap.

Any chance of the club getting in contact with the kid?

George Here is a link: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2016/s4699708.htm
Not just because I'm bit of a sap, but it could be some good (and easy) press coverage for the club.

Last edited:
Exactly. Every week I read posts on this board that say things like "player X isn't AFL standard" or "player Y isn't going to make it" like there's an award for the first person to give a correct diagnosis. Wait and see, eh?

Anyone hear Spud on SEN yesterday morning talking about Seb Ross?

The guys were talking up Ross & Spud addressed the misconception that Ross is like all our other mids, alluding that he is another big bodied mid like Dunstan, Stevens, Steele, etc. Spud said Ross's pre game skipping routine is unbelievable & similar to a prize fighter boxer & that he's extremely nimble & fast which helps him in games around the contest & in space. Basically said he extremely fast & not another one of our slow mids. But the boys also said he's a bull.

Ross is absolute elite when you take into account how much footy he accumulates, his defensive side to his game (that run down tackle against Richmond was froff worthy), the fact he's a big bodied mid but also extremely quick, his endurance & his skills/ball retention. The only knock on his game is he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough. Imo he's every bit as good as Dal Santo was in his prime & tracking to be as good as Pendlebury if he keeps up the improvement.

Anyone hear Spud on SEN yesterday morning talking about Seb Ross?

The guys were talking up Ross & Spud addressed the misconception that Ross is like all our other mids, alluding that he is another big bodied mid like Dunstan, Stevens, Steele, etc. Spud said Ross's pre game skipping routine is unbelievable & similar to a prize fighter boxer & that he's extremely nimble & fast which helps him in games around the contest & in space. Basically said he extremely fast & not another one of our slow mids. But the boys also said he's a bull.

Ross is absolute elite when you take into account how much footy he accumulates, his defensive side to his game (that run down tackle against Richmond was froff worthy), the fact he's a big bodied mid but also extremely quick, his endurance & his skills/ball retention. The only knock on his game is he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough. Imo he's every bit as good as Dal Santo was in his prime & tracking to be as good as Pendlebury if he keeps up the improvement.
Ross early on reminded me of a mix of Kennedy and Mitchell. But he's starting to look more like a mix of pendlebury and Mitchell

Sinclair is the closest thing I've ever seen to Sam Mitchell

That's a pretty good mix

Steele to me looks like a cripps/mundy/fyfe (his inside game)/kennedy. He just has those long arms that can affect or get the ball at distance. Absolute brute

Gresham is an aker. It's uncanny how a like he is

Billings I'm unsure on. Not sure who he reminds me of. Probably bartel

Ross early on reminded me of a mix of Kennedy and Mitchell. But he's starting to look more like a mix of pendlebury and Mitchell

Sinclair is the closest thing I've ever seen to Sam Mitchell

That's a pretty good mix

Steele to me looks like a cripps/mundy/fyfe (his inside game)/kennedy. He just has those long arms that can affect or get the ball at distance. Absolute brute

Gresham is an aker. It's uncanny how a like he is

Billings I'm unsure on. Not sure who he reminds me of. Probably bartel
Billings no where near bartel. Ryan okeefe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back