News 2017 St Kilda in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to laugh at the roo outrage. "Same as staging for a free" says Garry lyon....

So you'll excuse me Gaz whilst I look back and wonder where all your comments are regarding the staging for free kicks actually are? Since, you know, it happens every game?

Selwood ducks into tackles 15 times a game but this is what is condemned? Cmon

So two wrongs make a right?

So two wrongs make a right?

On 360 tonight they showed the vision. The umpire clearly said "give the ball back to Tim Membrey."
Now, considering Roo is Griffen Logue's hero, there is no way he thought Roo was Tim, so he should never have fallen for Roo's gamesmanship. He had to have known the rules. Even Ross laughed it off in his presser.

A learning experience for the kid, but Membrey was directly in front and would have slotted it anyway.

A learning experience for the kid, but Membrey was directly in front and would have slotted it anyway.
Who knows what went through Rooey's mind but goalkicking inaccuracy just might have persuaded him to improve our chances.

Absolutely no recognition for the saints win not surprised.. no mention of a win away in W.A since 2011. All about freo butchering.

I made the mistake of staying up to watch Footy Classified. No mention of St Kilda. None. But they did talk about Michael Walters.

All the chatter was about Collingwood (and Buckley), Richmond and Bugg.

Waste of time. Hutchison speculated that Luke Hodge may play for Geelong next year in a deal involving an assistant coaching role, similar to Sam Mitchell at West Coast. The other panelists just laughed at him. Awful program.

Would've been a 50 whether Roo caught it or not, always is if the ball is not returned to the right player
Which is such a petty rubbish little rule. I don't get why rules like this exist. He gets the ball to a Saints player, he gets it to Tim. Who cares? Same thing with running through the mark or whatever it is. Just designed to make umpires more important and has no real benefit to the game. If used at at all it should be at the discretion of umpires, when there is a clear intent to harm or a delay tactic.

Which is such a petty rubbish little rule. I don't get why rules like this exist. He gets the ball to a Saints player, he gets it to Tim. Who cares? Same thing with running through the mark or whatever it is. Just designed to make umpires more important and has no real benefit to the game. If used at at all it should be at the discretion of umpires, when there is a clear intent to harm or a delay tactic.

It's a simple black and white rule, we have enough left up to umpire interpretation. If you didn't have to give it back to the right player teams would always hand it back to the wrong player to waste time and get their defensive structure settled, why not make it clear and simple and get rid of the "interpretation" nonsense? Good rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made the mistake of staying up to watch Footy Classified. No mention of St Kilda. None. But they did talk about Michael Walters.

All the chatter was about Collingwood (and Buckley), Richmond and Bugg.

Waste of time. Hutchison speculated that Luke Hodge may play for Geelong next year in a deal involving an assistant coaching role, similar to Sam Mitchell at West Coast. The other panelists just laughed at him. Awful program.
That's not fair, they did cover the saints - they had a go at roo and Carlisle - it's great to get coverage eh!

All I ever watch now is AFL360. Love Gerard Whateley's work, and whilst Robbo shoots from the hip, at least the analysis of the weekend is better than Footy Classified, Talking Footy or The Footy Show.

I also made that mistake....haven't watched FC since the episode after the Carlton game.

After that episode...I thought "no more"

Pre show I thought I bet we hardly get a mention.....and the show delivered in spades.......as St Neil pointed out...no mention at all.

Hutchison's ramblings on Hodge was just cringe worthy....absolutely embarrassing....he was making a fool out of himself.

That's not fair, they did cover the saints - they had a go at roo and Carlisle - it's great to get coverage eh!
If that was the case....I must have been in the kitchen getting a coffee...lol..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back