2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

XNywXbv.png

ARLkuYy.png
Good to see Hunter get BOG

Suspect all you like, but I suspect this was a nothing story to begin with that was created bigger by people with agendas.
I agree.

Perception is everything. This story could be refuted left, right and centre, but people won't hear/listen/care. The AFC is considered sooky and soft, cry babies, etc. I hate this sort of thing.

Meanwhile, we get Ollie Wines banging on about how wonderful Port Power is, with them drip releasing new signings. :rolleyes: And the AFC is portrayed as being unliked by player managers, while failing to keep their players here.

Time for Fagan to make a public statement about the advertiser and their reporting.

Rucci is a ****wit
Agree on Rucci.

Personally I prefer the club doesn't make many firm statements to the media. That way when they do their statements carry more weight. The salary cap speculation last year comes to mind.

Treat the little incident with the spectators with the distain it deserves and ignore it, along with any of the commentary that goes with it.

Agree on Rucci.

Personally I prefer the club doesn't make many firm statements to the media. That way when they do their statements carry more weight. The salary cap speculation last year comes to mind.

Treat the little incident with the spectators with the distain it deserves and ignore it, along with any of the commentary that goes with it.
People read the media.
People are sheep, to change mindset play the game.

Otherwise they keep doing it.

People read the media.
People are sheep, to change mindset play the game.

Otherwise they keep doing it.
Constantly addressing the media is playing into their hands, more engagement is what they would love. Validating their rubbish claims only provides them with more fuel. Striking out at every slight, real or perceived, is energy draining and ultimately makes you look weak and insecure.

Constantly addressing the media is playing into their hands, more engagement is what they would love. Validating their rubbish claims only provides them with more fuel. Striking out at every slight, real or perceived, is energy draining and ultimately makes you look weak and insecure.
I agree, it just fuels the narrative that the media want to happen. Deal with it behind closed doors and snub a f*** like Rucc in presso's.
As much as I don't like the current set up with reserves teams I also don't like this moronic agenda either. Most of my SANFL attending mates support Victorian AFL clubs or have walked away from footy and heap blame on Adelaide and Port, so this fits their agenda nicely.
Let stories like these die out as quick as the are lit.

Emailed Fagan, responded back in about 10 minutes.

"To be very clear, there was no complaint made by or on behalf of any club officials therefore there is no complaint to be made to the SANFL.

Apparently there was a flippant remark made by one security contractor to another which appears to be where the media are developing a story. No one at the Club was even aware of this until reports surfaced through the media. It is a massive and unfortunate beat up - the same goes for the letter regarding the Melbourne supporters." (I mentioned the negative appearance of that letter in my email)

"Again, the Advertiser chose to not present that angle. It's just the environment we live in that some chose to create stories. Nothing much we can do about it."
Any chance you can PM me a copy of that email.

Emailed Fagan, responded back in about 10 minutes.

"To be very clear, there was no complaint made by or on behalf of any club officials therefore there is no complaint to be made to the SANFL.

Apparently there was a flippant remark made by one security contractor to another which appears to be where the media are developing a story. No one at the Club was even aware of this until reports surfaced through the media. It is a massive and unfortunate beat up - the same goes for the letter regarding the Melbourne supporters." (I mentioned the negative appearance of that letter in my email)

"Again, the Advertiser chose to not present that angle. It's just the environment we live in that some chose to create stories. Nothing much we can do about it."

The flipant remark was made by a security contractor. But wasnt made to another. It was made to a Football Administrator.

I don't want them to reply to everything thats wrong. Just subtley condemn them.
Perhaps in pressers by Tex.

the AFL would run with the story and make the tiser look stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will be able to deternine today if the VFL will becoming more of a reserves comp for its AFL teams

The SANFL will be fully aware of the AFL's plans and discussions will be held that will confirm it

It's pretty much heading that way anyway with only Port Melbourne, Williamstown and the exiting North Ballarat stand along teams currently, North Melbourne and Werribee going their separate ways next year, and Sandringham playing some games at Moorabbin in a St Kilda strip next season.

Frankston may be back next season, but if the AFL want the VFL to be a de facto Reserves comp that may be easier said than done.

Very good to see. Would really like him to become heir to Sauces spot, Obrien is just so vanilla.
I'm not sold on Hunter or ROB tbh. ROB has far better ruckwork, but isn't really the direction we need to be heading in, while Hunter is more mobile but still isnt anything like an extra mid, and lacks a little in the ruck.

Against Port the other week, Hunter got absolutely dominated by, Ladhams I think it was, which doesn't bode well for him. I really want to see Dear as a full time ruck with Himmelberg as chop out. If Dear can match it in the ruck and compete on the ground, we delist Hunter imo. If he can't, we cut Dear as I dont think he'll make it in any other spot.

It's pretty much heading that way anyway with only Port Melbourne, Williamstown and the exiting North Ballarat stand along teams currently, North Melbourne and Werribee going their separate ways next year, and Sandringham playing some games at Moorabbin in a St Kilda strip next season.

Frankston may be back next season, but if the AFL want the VFL to be a de facto Reserves comp that may be easier said than done.

You would think the NEAFL and what they are trying or not trying to acheive up there will determine if the VFL reserves is a plan or not. That is where Millions are being invested the question is what returns are they getting not in terms of $ but particpation and acceptance of the product in the northern states and if its a dead duck or not, or do they scale it back

Would love a National reserves comp imo. Would give a far better indication of depth and the trade value of fringe players would be far more easily determined. Had there been a reserves comp, it is likely players like Grigg and Ellis-Yolmen would have attracted attention from other AFL clubs as they, the media and supporters are more exposed to their form/statistical output.

Would love a National reserves comp imo. Would give a far better indication of depth and the trade value of fringe players would be far more easily determined. Had there been a reserves comp, it is likely players like Grigg and Ellis-Yolmen would have attracted attention from other AFL clubs as they, the media and supporters are more exposed to their form/statistical output.
Or, more likely, they would have been cut earlier, as it became apparent at the reserves level that their talents were not suited to the AFL competition - more so for Grigg than CEY.

Very good to see. Would really like him to become heir to Sauces spot, Obrien is just so vanilla.
You're not serious?

O'Brien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunter

The one thing that O'Brien is not is "vanilla", not only a superior tap Ruckman to Hunter his follow up work around the ruck contest is on another level. Also far harder and aggressive at the man and contest. No contest IMO.

Have heard a couple of interesting stories, from a couple of Victorians over a few Beers.
1/ AFL travels the 2nds play at Home different time slot at their Local grounds. ie Adelaide vs Geelong home 2nd play at Kafina park. Port vs Melb, MCG, 2nds play at Alberton. The reason given was a precursor for the winter women's teams. And better times for TV deals.
Also there is view is that supporters will have the option of seeing one of the teams play live every week.
2/ The precursor for the AFL and 2nds teams travel, but there are issues with start times and the gap between the game for warm ups etc. Meaning bad times for TV deals,
And it will be the TV deal and sponsorships that will pay for the Airfares.
3/ If it did happen there a push for AFL not to play Sat Afternoon leaving it open for 2nds. But personally, I believe Foxtel will have something to say about that. Either way the AFL will get another revenue stream for TV deals/Multimedia.

For the SANFL supporters problem with any of these ideas is the SANFL will be the biggest losers.

Have heard a couple of interesting stories, from a couple of Victorians over a few Beers.
1/ AFL travels the 2nds play at Home different time slot at their Local grounds. ie Adelaide vs Geelong home 2nd play at Kafina park. Port vs Melb, MCG, 2nds play at Alberton. The reason given was a precursor for the winter women's teams. And better times for TV deals.
Also there is view is that supporters will have the option of seeing one of the teams play live every week.
2/ The precursor for the AFL and 2nds teams travel, but there are issues with start times and the gap between the game for warm ups etc. Meaning bad times for TV deals,
And it will be the TV deal and sponsorships that will pay for the Airfares.
3/ If it did happen there a push for AFL not to play Sat Afternoon leaving it open for 2nds. But personally, I believe Foxtel will have something to say about that. Either way the AFL will get another revenue stream for TV deals/Multimedia.

For the SANFL supporters problem with any of these ideas is the SANFL will be the biggest losers.

How will the SANFL be the biggest loser remember they pay 3/4 of a million to have their games televised

Or, more likely, they would have been cut earlier, as it became apparent at the reserves level that their talents were not suited to the AFL competition - more so for Grigg than CEY.
Or that, either or it is a substantially better system than having them hidden in the SANFL. Grigg and CEY (I think he is gone at years' end) would have been able temporary or rookie list players for struggling and/or injury riddled teams imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back