Is Patrick Dangerfield in trouble for this tackle? - now with poll!

Will Dangerfield be suspended?

• No case to answer

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Fined

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • One week

Votes: 68 58.6%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Three weeks or more!

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, regardless of his ineligibility, he'll be invited. In fact, as the past winner, it will be his job to present the medal. now THAT will be awkward if he polls the most votes!!!

Dusty either has a license to play as hard as a cut dog now because there's no way they'll make him ineligable for rough play and kill off the top 2.
OR
Dusty has to play as if every opponent is made out of damp rice paper to avoid getting suspended via chance and circumstance because the AFL are trying to make a point.

Should just give it to Priddis again and be done with it.

It was a good tackle, neither malicious in intent nor excessive in application. Nobody wants to see concussions but the afl are overreacting. Rather than a 2 week penalty, it's a fine. It's a contact sport and sometimes stuff happens that is just a bit unlucky. I thought the McCarthy one was a bit worse but ok too.
Ps re stones-glass houses I'd suggest.;)
It started as a good tackle, until Kreuzer disposed of the ball.
It was not malicious, that's why the MRP said it was careless.
Excessive isn't a basis of assessment in determining whether a reportable offence has occurred.
The MRP are following the set of guidelines put forth to them.
I don't believe there is a combination that allows it to be a fine, if you agree he did something wrong then the minimum is 1 week.
Sometimes accidents do happen, but players also need to ensure they're not contributing to accidents.

You'll get to experience that next week.....wait, there won't be enough room

First final could be fun if Richmond can't get a seat at Simmonds.
But, rules are rules. Home finals are sacrosanct.

First final could be fun if Richmond can't get a seat at Simmonds.
But, rules are rules. Home finals are sacrosanct.
Finals are controlled by the AFL and tickets are allocated by memberships.
If there was a Cats / Tigers final played at KP more tickets would be allocated to Richmond members
and more than half Geelong's members would not be able to get a ticket.

So home final for every Vic team but Geelong then.
Geelong should play at Richmonds home ground if 2nd vs 4th happens in finals week 1.
Got it.
Bulldogs would play a home final at the MCG which is not their home ground

It was a good tackle, neither malicious in intent nor excessive in application. Nobody wants to see concussions but the afl are overreacting. Rather than a 2 week penalty, it's a fine at most. It's a contact sport and sometimes stuff happens that is just a bit unlucky. I thought the McCarthy one was a bit worse but ok too.
Ps re stones-glass houses I'd suggest.;)

Totally agree it's a contact game and some time things happen beyond either players control re landing on the turf..

So home final for every Vic team but Geelong then.
Geelong should play at Richmonds home ground if 2nd vs 4th happens in finals week 1.
Got it.

I realise that visiting Geelong is like visiting another planet, but sadly, it's still part of Victoria.
Although, we'd be happy to shift the border and move you to South Australia.
Would raise the IQ of both states!

CHAMPER

Based on the rules it definitely gets off.

Like I said, two things need to be met for a tackle to be deemed dangerous

1. There needs to be unessesary force et a driving or slinging motion, which there wasn't anything of.

2. An unlawful action such as a sling tackle or throw across the body, which has been outlawed entirely as a tackle.

None of the above where present.

The injury does not have any impact on the result, which is where everyone is getting the rules mixed up. It comes into determining the sentence severity once it is determined illegal, not in itself a determinant of an illegal action

The suspensions so far from tackles have clearly shown a second forceful drive push or throw that was unessesary to the tackling motion and an added force which was reckless.

Tackling a player in one motion to the ground and rolling to avoid a push in the back is not any sort of illegal or irresponsible tackle.

Will get looked at briefly then thrown out.
There are no similar incidents. Please show me one. Mccarthys is different, there is a clear forceful action towards the end which drives his opponent Into the ground, very different.

There has been none similar to this. Please show me one
In other words, I am right. Nobody can show a similar incident without showing me clips of players being slammed into the turf such as mccarthys.
Show a link or video.

Yes it will make me right, and You know it as well what will Be the outcome. Simply because it is a legal tackle.
He will get off because I am right, the mrp will look at it with common sense and the same criteria we are arguing about and come to my same conclusion :).

You Will see I am right tomorrow, thought your already conceding I will be right so thank you
Your conceding I will be right. Yep definitely slings both of them, halfway through the tackles they performed a second sling action that stuffed them up, Stevens was very blatant, waites sling was midway though the tackle. Dangerfield just followed through and rolled the player to avoid the back. It's this that is the big difference and you know it.

We will see who is right tomorrow. I am confident My analysis is correct. Let's wait and see
You are conceding I will be right, but trying to bsckpeddle at the same time. just accept it and move on. Your wrong, the MRP are the rules and they won't agree with your ideas, they will take similar views to mine I have no doubt. Just accept it and move on

:D:D:D
Remember all those times you were right? yeh me neither
Fantastic, come on, grow a pair and front up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except its South Australians like me who nailed this from the get go - which puts my IQ above any one eyed Geelong supporters east of the border! :D:thumbsu:
Ha not exactly given that it's an adelaidian who starts every thread about Geelong players needing to be suspended, mostly for stuff that didn't happen! You had to get one right eventually.;)

Dusty either has a license to play as hard as a cut dog now because there's no way they'll make him ineligable for rough play and kill off the top 2.
OR
Dusty has to play as if every opponent is made out of damp rice paper to avoid getting suspended via chance and circumstance because the AFL are trying to make a point.

Should just give it to Priddis again and be done with it.

I can't wait to see Danger and the Selwood boys try and goad Dusty into it in 2 weeks.

I think the AFL wants to kill off the Top 2 - giving Titchell the Brownlow would be a nice consolation prize to the Hawks for them taking away #FreeKickHawthorn.

Ha not exactly given that it's an adelaidian who starts every thread about Geelong players needing to be suspended, mostly for stuff that didn't happen! You had to get one right eventually.;)

I always get it right when it comes to the MRP - even got the Sloane suspension right. Previously working in head injury rehab, understanding the brain mechanics and prognosis of concussion and understanding the MRP (as much as it can be understood) tends to help a little... And I'm not biased - supporters of other teams as well as Geelong benefit from my insight! ;) Way you go... :D

I always get it right when it comes to the MRP - even got the Sloane suspension right. Previously working in head injury rehab, understanding the brain mechanics and prognosis of concussion and understanding the MRP (as much as it can be understood) tends to help a little... And I'm not biased - supporters of other teams as well as Geelong benefit from my insight! ;) Way you go... :D
What the Sloane incident with Blicavs?

AFL need to remove 'pin the arms' & 'thown to the ground' from their own definition of a perfect tackle.
It's too much of a risk to tackle with a pinned arm if your instantly suspended if a player gets hurt. They shouldn't advise that as a technique for a perfect tackle if they go against their own advice.
At best Kruezer deserved a free kick but the umpires lack of whistle is what extended that tackle to complete the technique of 'thrown to the ground' in the first place.

Coach teaches players to pin the arms in a tackle,Umpires pay free kicks for such tackles.Then players get suspended for applying a good tackle.No wonder players,umpires and us supporters get confused.

Regarding the Brownlow, just make 'intentional' indiscretions ineligible. How hard is that? The AFL could meet today, and have it done by 4 o'clock. Messing with tradition doesn't usually concern them.

Because Joe Average will punch someone and be charged with Intentional, and Captain Brownlow will punch someone and be charged with Careless.

How hard is it to just give the award to the player judged Fairest and Best ?

If Dipper could go a year without hitting anyone, surely anyone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back