Is Patrick Dangerfield in trouble for this tackle? - now with poll!

Will Dangerfield be suspended?

• No case to answer

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Fined

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • One week

Votes: 68 58.6%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Three weeks or more!

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The days of perfect being a players head banged into the ground causing concussion, while their arms are pinned, has passed us by. That expert dinosaurs haven't kept up is of no interest.
Lol why don't you take off your foggy glasses and have a clear eyed look at the tackle. It was a good tackle. It's a contact sport and stuff happens.
And I'd take Greg Baum's view over 99% of the duffers on BF anyday!

Last edited:
Lol why don't you take off your foggy glasses and have a clear eyed look at the tackle. It was a good tackle. It's a contact sport and stuff happens.
Should have been a free kick for holding the man. The umpire stuffed up.

That's not a good tackle, even putting aside the fact that he concussed Kreuzer in the process.

Player doesn't have ball, gets head driven into ground: perfect tackle.

:rainbow:

Edit: imagine it was hodge tackling Danger or Selwood. I can imagine all the cats supporters lining up to applaud hodge for his perfect tackle.

If you pin the arms, and the guy gets KO'd, you're stuffed. That's the rule, and it's not a bad one. It looked pretty innocuous. The Etihad surface is the real issue here, but unsurprisingly it doesn't get a mention.

There will come a time when the first 10 placings in the Brownlow will be ineligible due to poor tackles or broken fingernails.
In the real world there is no justification for anyone losing a brownlow for THAT tackle, imagine the uproar if it was Dusty, or god help us, someone from anywhere west of the border.

Regarding the Brownlow, just make 'intentional' indiscretions ineligible. How hard is that? The AFL could meet today, and have it done by 4 o'clock. Messing with tradition doesn't usually concern them.

Regarding the Brownlow, just make 'intentional' indiscretions ineligible. How hard is that? The AFL could meet today, and have it done by 4 o'clock. Messing with tradition doesn't usually concern them.

I like the sentiment here but bringing more interpretation (e.g. of intent) into the game isn't the answer.

I guess it comes down to what is 'fair'. Did Danger intend for Kruezer to be hurt and go off? No. But ultimately he was taken out of the game by an illegal tackle.

Edit: imagine it was hodge tackling Danger or Selwood. I can imagine all the cats supporters lining up to applaud hodge for his perfect tackle.

I would think they would demand Hodge gets 50m pen

And 3 weeks suspension

They are the biggest ignorant supporter group along with the bombers

It's kinda amusing watching you call everyone else bias, while whinging about a decision that the mrp, the governing body and your club aren't contesting.
But it's all good. Someone in the media said it, so it's fact.
I assume you treat all media opinion as fact?

If you pin the arms, and the guy gets KO'd, you're stuffed. That's the rule, and it's not a bad one. It looked pretty innocuous. The Etihad surface is the real issue here, but unsurprisingly it doesn't get a mention.
They discussed it yesterday on SEN. dal santo said the surface is fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually plenty of cat supporters are far more balanced about it than you. Your glasses are really foggy.
Really? That's a rather uninformed statement to make considering I didn't want him suspended

Rather weak that you'd go after me personally just because I'm pointing out facts and the self-serving bias of Geelong supporters. Maybe spend some time on introspection before throwing stones

Why?

as a past winner, he's automatically invited.
Even if ineligible this year?

If I was PFD I wouldn't go this year. Stick it up the AFL.

How good a look would it be if, hypothetically speaking, Paddy is the highest vote getter in the 2017 Brownlow, but ineligible because of a ****ed MRP system, and has to drape the medal around the neck of Dusty or Tom? Before you say Dusty has it wrapt up, there are still 4 games, and Paddy could get BOG in 3 of those and Dusty could be injured, tagged or whatever.

Paddy will be pumped when he returns

The more I see the incident, the more I'm not surprised. Funny, most of the media are talking about him rolling Kreuzer at the end as 1, a duty of care to Kreuzer, and 2, so he wouldn't push him in the back. Yet it's the turn at the end that I think is what is the worst part of the tackle.

Shame though that he'll potentially lose the brownlow for what was a fairly innocuous incident. No intent to hurt the player, and cops a week.

They discussed it yesterday on SEN. dal santo said the surface is fine.
So it must be then! Not sure what has happened to the surface this year to render it fine. It is grass on a concrete base

Even if ineligible this year?

If I was PFD I wouldn't go this year. Stick it up the AFL.

How good a look would it be if, hypothetically speaking, Paddy is the highest vote getter in the 2017 Brownlow, but ineligible because of a ****** MRP system, and has to drape the medal around the neck of Dusty or Tom? Before you say Dusty has it wrapt up, there are still 4 games, and Paddy could get BOG in 3 of those and Dusty could be injured, tagged or whatever.

Paddy will be pumped when he returns

Yes, regardless of his ineligibility, he'll be invited. In fact, as the past winner, it will be his job to present the medal. now THAT will be awkward if he polls the most votes!!!

So it must be then! Not sure what has happened to the surface this year to render it fine. It is grass on a concrete base
Maybe call nick and discuss it
I was simply responding to the assertion that it hasn't been discussed...
Maybe the MRP should suspend the Etihad turf, the you might stop whinging.

A special breed down the highway.

Really? That's a rather uninformed statement to make considering I didn't want him suspended

Rather weak that you'd go after me personally just because I'm pointing out facts and the self-serving bias of Geelong supporters. Maybe spend some time on introspection before throwing stones
It was a good tackle, neither malicious in intent nor excessive in application. Nobody wants to see concussions but the afl are overreacting. Rather than a 2 week penalty, it's a fine at most. It's a contact sport and sometimes stuff happens that is just a bit unlucky. I thought the McCarthy one was a bit worse but ok too.
Ps re stones-glass houses I'd suggest.;)

AFL need to remove 'pin the arms' & 'thown to the ground' from their own definition of a perfect tackle.
It's too much of a risk to tackle with a pinned arm if your instantly suspended if a player gets hurt. They shouldn't advise that as a technique for a perfect tackle if they go against their own advice.
At best Kruezer deserved a free kick but the umpires lack of whistle is what extended that tackle to complete the technique of 'thrown to the ground' in the first place.

AFL Official Rules said:
When tackling, the person conducting the tackle must do so below the shoulders and above the knees of the person they are tackling, and that player can be thrown to the ground.

There are a variety of types of tackles which can be carried out in AFL:
  • Perfect tackle: Conducted when the opponent has had prior opportunity to dispose the ball, but makes it impossible for them to do so, such as pinning their arms which makes them not able to kick or handball it.
http://www.aflrules.com.au/afl-game-rules/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back