Is Patrick Dangerfield in trouble for this tackle? - now with poll!

Will Dangerfield be suspended?

• No case to answer

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Fined

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • One week

Votes: 68 58.6%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Three weeks or more!

Votes: 8 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just flat slobbo pissing in Scotts pocket ..and the other little fawning dweeb Whateley is a Cats supporter

Throw in Healy, brown, dunstall, king and Richardson and then add KB to that chorus tomorrow morning

And well done to Carlton and it's medicos for giving an injustice to AFL football. Concussed my arse.

Where did you get your medicine degree? Want to justify how he wasn't concussed with the acute training you received?
Pretty sure a medical practitioner isn't going to put his medical career in jeopardy for the sake of a player getting a suspension.
Remove the tin foil hat please.

Where did you get your medicine degree? Want to justify how he wasn't concussed with the acute training you received?
Pretty sure a medical practitioner isn't going to put his medical career in jeopardy for the sake of a player getting a suspension.
Remove the tin foil hat please.
Concussion = temporarily unconscious. Looked at Dangerfield, looked at wrist, ran off ground. Rest my case Einstein.

Concussion = temporarily unconscious. Looked at Dangerfield, looked at wrist, ran off ground. Rest my case Einstein.

Firstly thanks for referring to me as Einstein, I'll take that as a compliment.. you however....
Concussion by definition:
"Concussion is a trauma-induced change in mental status, with confusion and amnesia, and with or without a brief loss of consciousness."
Definitely a quality medical degree you hold. Where did you say you got it again? American Samoa? :thumbsu:

Until he wrapped his legs around Blicavs and slid down

He didn't just run into him. He grabbed Blicavs and dragged him to the ground breaking his leg. Weeks. Outcome, and all that.

Uh huh....So what exactly did Sloane do wrong? In clinical/legal terms.

A guy stepped in his way, he ran into that guy and in the ensuing clash wrapped himself around the guy who initiated the contact and they both went to ground resulting in the guy who initiated the contact getting hurt.

What did I miss?

Uh huh....So what exactly did Sloane do wrong? In clinical/legal terms.

A guy stepped in his way, he ran into that guy and in the ensuing clash wrapped himself around the guy who initiated the contact and they both went to ground resulting in the guy who initiated the contact getting hurt.

What did I miss?
Well according to the mob think in this thread it was a dangerous tackle that resulted in injury which means it has to be a suspension.

This suspension will at least make Brownlow night watchable.
Drink in hand, Brownlow on the big screen, Geelong board on the small screen

I reckon the Selwood's are gonna try get Dusty suspended now

Well according to the mob think in this thread it was a dangerous tackle that resulted in injury which means it has to be a suspension.
Was it realistically foreseeable? No, it was just a really unfortunate accident and everyone is gutted for him

Was Kreuzer's realistically foreseeable? Yes, but it wasn't intentional by Danger. That's why they classed it as careless

will be interesting to see if they challenge---id love to see how they go without danger for two weeks against decent opposition.....but of course, they are not overly dependent on one player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drink in hand, Brownlow on the big screen, Geelong board on the small screen

I reckon the Selwood's are gonna try get Dusty suspended now

I guess your finals campaign will have ended weeks earlier as usual, so you'll have plenty of free time....

It once again highlights the leagues failure to act on a dangerous style of tackle.
Should have been outlawed from the get go, only a matter of time before someone ends up with a broken neck.
Maybe players or their association could lead by example and put a line through it .
In saying that, if it's not illegal how do you get reported for implementing it, bit like smoking ?

This is a joke, but if they want to suspend him, they need to now sit there and ping every single dangerous tackle, all the time. Regardless of actual injury.

He wasn't even put on report, FFS.

The joy of Carlton fans at finally having any sort of effect on the Finals for the first time in a decade is fun to watch though.

Last edited:
At this pace, by 2027 Players will be suspended for emotionally triggering opponents because they invaded their safe space by touching them in a tackle and it can't come soon enough!
Why doesn't the AFL force helmets and padding to comply with OH&S? Clearly by not enforcing them they are saying they want the future mental issues players will no doubt develop??
Teams should be wearing hi-vis fluro jumpers to improve the awareness of opponents rather than risk players heading into their workplace on the oval at an occular disadvantaged?
The football must be changed to soft rubber to avoid the future falcon lawsuits?

I think this "football" experiment has gone on for too long. It's up to us as a progressive society to end this example of aggressive male privilege and focus on the safety of children! We will never reach the utopian dream of complete totalitarian submissiviness if we continue to allow men to act like men and risk getting hurt!

Danger should get 4 weeks for such an egregious act! The brownlow should never be awarded to someone who tackles an opponent!! He literally could have broken his neck!!!!!

We should all dress up as flaccid penises and march on the MCG until the AFL conforms to our demands of making the football oval of the highest professonal league a safe space for it's employees!!

This is a joke, but if they want to suspend him, they need to now sit there and ping every single dangerous tackle, all the time. Regardless of actual injury.

He wasn't even put on report, FFS.

The joy of Carlton fans at finally having any sort of effect on the Finals for the first time in a decade is fun to watch though.
If there's no injury, the impact threshold isn't met
If it's below the impact threshold then it's a free kick

We all know why there wasn't a report
upload_2017-8-1_7-51-55.png

At this pace, by 2027 Players will be suspended for emotionally triggering opponents because they invaded their safe space by touching them in a tackle and it can't come soon enough!
Why doesn't the AFL force helmets and padding to comply with OH&S? Clearly by not enforcing them they are saying they want the future mental issues players will no doubt develop??
Teams should be wearing hi-vis fluro jumpers to improve the awareness of opponents rather than risk players heading into their workplace on the oval at an occular disadvantaged?
The football must be changed to soft rubber to avoid the future falcon lawsuits?

I think this "football" experiment has gone on for too long. It's up to us as a progressive society to end this example of aggressive male privilege and focus on the safety of children! We will never reach the utopian dream of complete totalitarian submissiviness if we continue to allow men to act like men and risk getting hurt!

Danger should get 4 weeks for such an egregious act! The brownlow should never be awarded to someone who tackles an opponent!! He literally could have broken his neck!!!!!

We should all dress up as flaccid penises and march on the MCG until the AFL conforms to our demands of making the football oval of the highest professonal league a safe space for it's employees!!
Or maybe he shouldn't have pinned Kreuzer's arms and driven his face into the turf

Could just be me though

Or maybe he shouldn't have pinned Kreuzer's arms and driven his face into the turf

Could just be me though

YES! Glad to know i'll see you at the million dick march! We will not rest until we have softened this 'sport' enough so that injuries by chance are a thing of the past!
Thank you!

Every player at the start of every season should be tested for their concussive resonance.
They should all be dropped 5 feet onto their heads at etihad stadium so the MRP has a clear rating for head toughness.

If we are serious about protecting players from concussion irregardless of the act, we MUST have a clear unit of measure on each players ability to take a head hit so that rating can be fairly applied to further punish the tackler.

It's not fair some players who are born with softer heads are removed from the field of play while their opponents with tougher heads continue to play unaffected.

Thats not equality!

YES! Glad to know i'll see you at the million dick march! We will not rest until we have softened this 'sport' enough so that injuries by chance are a thing of the past!
Thank you!
I enjoy this tough sport played at a high level
What I don't enjoy is players playing it a low level and tackling poorly such that another is forced out of the game

I enjoy this tough sport played at a high level
What I don't enjoy is players playing it a low level and tackling poorly such that another is forced out of the game

I agree! Players should ask their opponents if they first consent to being tackled to avoid a split second decision that could end in harming them!!!! If Kreuzer first had a notarised letter of intent he could have formulated a plan with a team of support councillors to avoid hitting his head on the grass. It rarely happens in games that heads touch grass after a tackle but should be outlawed completely.

AFL need to change the definition of a perfect tackle because Danger applied a text book tackle by AFL definition yet still hurt a grown man! It's a disgrace that in 'current year' this is still happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back