MRP / Trib. Jai Newcombe in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally just a 2 person tackle. Arm isn't wrenched backwards. It is stopping logue from getting the handball. It is also instantly released when the tackle goes to ground.
Logged also pushes himself forward to try and get a free for in the back

The arm is instantly released? Are we watching the same footage? He pulls Logue’s arm backwards as he uses his other hand to push into his shoulder.

I don’t have an opinion on whether or not that action deserves a week but that is just not what happened.

Literally just a 2 person tackle. Arm isn't wrenched backwards. It is stopping logue from getting the handball. It is also instantly released when the tackle goes to ground.
Logged also pushes himself forward to try and get a free for in the back
Arrives at the contest second, swings his right leg around to be in front of Logue's to make sure he goes to ground. This is school yard stuff.

The fact that he did this as a conscious act knowing Logue could not brace for the fall is about as careless as it gets. Someone will get suspended one day and the pundits will say 'but what about Newcombe?' as if that achieves anything. In the meantime, nothing to see here.

Grif gets 1week for a football action and that gets a 1k fine? Makes no sense

Arrives at the contest second, swings his right leg around to be in front of Logue's to make sure he goes to ground. This is school yard stuff.

The fact that he did this as a conscious act knowing Logue could not brace for the fall is about as careless as it gets. Someone will get suspended one day and the pundits will say 'but what about Newcombe?' as if that achieves anything. In the meantime, nothing to see here.
Broad was the “example” case last week. Now they’ll go quiet for a month or 2 before another “example” case.

This one confuses me a lot.

Arm pinned ✅
Two actions ✅
Propelled forward head first ✅

It’s got all the cues for a dangerous tackle that we hear about, why no suspension? Is it the speed that separates it? If so that is questionable as this act could very easily have caused a concussion.

This one confuses me a lot.

Arm pinned ✅
Two actions ✅
Propelled forward head first ✅

It’s got all the cues for a dangerous tackle that we hear about, why no suspension? Is it the speed that separates it? If so that is questionable as this act could very easily have caused a concussion.
He's holding an arm. If anything it's bramble that forces the tackle forward (although it looks like logue dives forward to try milk a free)

He's holding an arm. If anything it's bramble that forces the tackle forward (although it looks like logue dives forward to try milk a free)
The leg goes in front, preventing him from moving his legs forward, thus forcing all his momentum forward.

Take your hawthorn glasses off I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunch of crazy posts here who think that someone falling forward is that same force as someone getting slung forward. Physics is hard. Same people also seem to be blind thinking that Jai is the one laying the tackle. The person closest to the camera isnt always the one laying the tackle. Its an assist. The only bad part was the arm pull when he was on the ground.

If you have no idea what is "outlawed" let me help you:

Sling / spear tackle where the players head gets driven/slung into the ground = outlawed

Tackle with forward momentum where the palyer falls forward and hits their head = not outlawed

Was it a spear tackle? no

Was it a sling tackle? no

Why are those tackles more dangerous? because the tackle itself increases the force at which someones head impacts with the ground.

Those of you who think every tackle where a players head hits the ground the tackler should be suspended need to stop watching footy and go watch netball or something.

Those who think jai is the one laying the tackle, should go get your eyes checked.

A bump regardless of how crude, is still much more of a football act than tripping a bloke

A bump regardless of how crude, is still much more of a football act than tripping a bloke
1. Shirtfronts have never been a football act

2. If this is considered a trip I'd hate to see a heavy look at all games. It's a common tackle these days. You chuck your legs infront of them when tackling, so they can get the kick away.

Where was the analysis 2 years ago when will day had his ankle broken in the same sort of tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back