MRP / Trib. Is Buddy in trouble for this hit on Cotchin?

Remove this Banner Ad

"We are just going to challenge the MRO's view of it was an intentional strike," Swans coach John Longmire told reporters on Monday.

I don't understand, of all the arguments to make, how could you choose that one. He's looking straight at him and throws his palm at his face.
If that's not intentional, what was it?

Looking at the footage it's reasonable to argue that he was going for chest like a jumper punch type hit.
Yeah but the intention to strike is there. That's why he can't get off.
There, corrected it for you
Every club does it. We have a player or two that have done it but none that do go searching for it regularly. Not compared to alot of others at least. A breakdown is high frees and in the back frees for would back that up.

"We are just going to challenge the MRO's view of it was an intentional strike," Swans coach John Longmire told reporters on Monday.

I don't understand, of all the arguments to make, how could you choose that one. He's looking straight at him and throws his palm at his face.
If that's not intentional, what was it?

As in he meant to hit him in the chest again rather than the face so it wasn't intentional to hit him high.

Interesting. So if Buddy had connected more solidly and broke Cotchin’s jaw Buddy would still be ok because his intent was to push?
If he'd sustained a real injury then that would be considered, that's fairly common knowledge.. Fact of the matter is he didn't.

If he'd sustained a real injury then that would be considered, that's fairly common knowledge.. Fact of the matter is he didn't.
You are correct, a real injury was not sustained and therefore the impact gets graded as low, along with it being an intentional high hit (as he DID intend to make contact and the contact was to the head).

This is where arguing insufficient force may have been a better option.

Only because Cotchin does not roll around like a Lion player.

Tough Tiger is Cotch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first one, yes. The second one is a jab to the jaw. There is no denying that. If this gets thrown out the AFL lose so much credibility
It's funny everyone is focussing on the first impact lol.
A geppetto of pinochios in here.

Last edited:
Cant believe Trent Cotchin is getting hate for this, how sad. Fair to say a lot of players, perhaps the majority would've gone done from that and made sure the ump saw it.

Intentional, high contact, low impact. Has to be a week.
1 week for the strike.

4 weeks for not knocking Twent's head off :)

As far as I am concerned Buddy hitting Cotchin in the face is finally a sign of the working class taking on those that control and exploit humanity. Buddy should not be suspended, he should be celebrated for taking such a strong stand against those who would oppress the masses.

As far as I am concerned Buddy hitting Cotchin in the face is finally a sign of the working class taking on those that control and exploit humanity. Buddy should not be suspended, he should be celebrated for taking such a strong stand against those who would oppress the masses.
i reckon buddy is on more $$$ than cotchin, so that would make cotchin the "working class"

i reckon buddy is on more $$$ than cotchin, so that would make cotchin the "working class"

Where Buddy grew up

r0_233_2500_1872_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

where Cotchin grew up

FGrUhlWVQAIE0cP.jpg:large

Sorry, but if Swtikowski gets 2 weeks for a failed chicken wing and this gets 1, the AFL are saying they'd rather see people just swing punches off the ball.

That's moronic.

There was nothing "failed" about it mate, he wrenched his arm up behind his back hard.

We all used to demonstrate that on each other at school using only the slightest bit of force to prove how f***ing much it hurts.
Even doing it just a bit too hard had kids in tears and sore for the rest of the day. It's a bastard of a thing to do to someone.

Settle down flog.....can't handle humour obviously?
What was humorous was the power stance. Looked like right tools even before the pumping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back