Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we go.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...-for-plebiscite-campaign-20170808-gxrybc.html

"Same-sex marriage opponents are planning an all-out campaign to achieve a "no" result in a postal plebiscite, including distributing leaflets claiming the children of gay and lesbian parents are more prone to "abuse and neglect".

But gay couples can alreadu have kids - the dinosaurs already lost that battle. Isn't that argument completely irrelevant to whether a gay couple can/should marry? Also, anyone distributing a leaflet like that into my letterbox would want to hope I don't see them doing so because they'll cop an almighty spray, with words and possibly the hose.

And here we go.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...-for-plebiscite-campaign-20170808-gxrybc.html

"Same-sex marriage opponents are planning an all-out campaign to achieve a "no" result in a postal plebiscite, including distributing leaflets claiming the children of gay and lesbian parents are more prone to "abuse and neglect".
Who didn't see this coming? TA was banging on about religious freedom, and political correctness too at doors this morning. Apparently they have something to do with ssm as well.

I reported your post. It probably got deleted. Yet here you are. Actually denying what you posted.

I would really, really hate to sit next to you on a long airplane trip.

24 hours in this thread, non-stop tedious and pointless jibber jabber, and you've actually said not a single thing with any redeeming value whatsoever.

Now don't get me wrong, I think a plebiscite (compulsory-attendance or postal) would be a farce. Australia should have had same-sex marriage ages ago.

But how exactly would a postal plebiscite disenfranchise young voters? Have kids lost the ability to open a letter, tick a box and put it back in a postal box in the last five years? FMD, I know the term 'Luddite' which refers to a person with an unreasonable hate for anything technologically new. But what's the term for someone with an unreasonable aversion to anything slightly old-fashioned?

Now don't get me wrong, I think a plebiscite (compulsory-attendance or postal) would be a farce. Australia should have had same-sex marriage ages ago.

But how exactly would a postal plebiscite disenfranchise young voters? Have kids lost the ability to open a letter, tick a box and put it back in a postal box in the last five years? FMD, I know the term 'Luddite' which refers to a person with an unreasonable hate for anything technologically new, but what's the term for someone with an unreasonable aversion to anything slightly old-fashioned?

It would disfranchise them because they are much more peripatetic, notifying the AEC of their change of address is usually the last thing on their minds, and mail deliveries to multi-tenant premises are also notoriously insecure; so many of them simply wouldn't get the papers.

Who didn't see this coming? TA was banging on about religious freedom, and political correctness too at doors this morning. Apparently they have something to do with ssm as well.
Abbott will love this and milk it for all it is worth.

Abbott will love this and milk it for all it is worth.
It's going to be an excuse for a catch all campaign against the left, political correctness, free speech, you name it these nuffies are going to have a pop at it. Things just aren't like they used to be I tells you, we like our f*ggots closeted, and beaten if they stick their heads out.

It would disfranchise them because they are much more peripatetic, notifying the AEC of their change of address is usually the last thing on their minds, and mail deliveries to multi-tenant premises are also notoriously insecure; so many of them simply wouldn't get the papers.
That's my new word learnt for the day. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reported your post. It probably got deleted. Yet here you are. Actually denying what you posted.
Then a mod will be able to confirm this, but we both know that they won't be able to as I never called you a scumbag. But keep throwing around those allegations and avoid the actual question.

Aren't they all still living at home because they cannot afford to move out?

It's going to be an excuse for a catch all campaign against the left, political correctness, free speech, you name it these nuffies are going to have a pop at it. Things just aren't like they used to be I tells you, we like our f*ggots closeted, and beaten if they stick their heads out.

Indeed it is. But that is the awesome part. The platform they have chosen - gay marriage - is a platform that will engage young people. Abbott has started his predictable campaign. Wait until the opposition start theirs - they will completely dominate and they will mobilise everyone.

I know we still have religious nut jobs and Queensland, but Abbott is about to get the mother of all smackdowns.

And when he gets that smackdown, because he has hitched all his other hobby horses to the same cart, ie. free speech, political correctness, religion, etc. they will cop the smackdown in equal parts.

Turnbull refuses to deal with the NSW right, so I guess we will have to.

He is a product of his era. The so called "Good old days"
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Don't blame the era solely though, it's got to be other factors as well.

I'm not as old as Jones admittedly, but I'm about to turn 57 and have enough "good old days" to look back on myself. But I'm far from being a neanderthal, in fact I'm the opposite, I consider myself quite progressive these days.

Don't blame the era solely though, it's got to be other factors as well.

I'm not as old as Jones admittedly, but I'm about to turn 57 and have enough "good old days" to look back on myself. But I'm far from being a neanderthal, in fact I'm the opposite, I consider myself quite progressive these days.
True its not just the era.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But how exactly would a postal plebiscite disenfranchise young voters? Have kids lost the ability to open a letter, tick a box and put it back in a postal box in the last five years? FMD, I know the term 'Luddite' which refers to a person with an unreasonable hate for anything technologically new. But what's the term for someone with an unreasonable aversion to anything slightly old-fashioned?
young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back