Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Child marriage is still a crime, is it not? That's like saying "Burglaries and murders still happen - who needs laws regarding them?" And anyway, these things are happening BEFORE gay marriage has been given the go-ahead, so how are they relevant to the slippery slope argument?

Give me strength. Join the dots you prat.

" if abos want the right to be considered humans they need to prove why"

Are you aware of who Blair is? He's a racist because he literally leads a literal racist group, celebrates Hitler's birthday, speaks openly against various races - surely you're not going to align yourself with him?
Don't care who he is. Just pointing out the stupidity here. Claim someone a rascist for having a dig at a religious group, while at the same time having a dig at an ideology put in place and initially promoted by a religious group

Don't care who he is. Just pointing out the stupidity here. Claim someone a rascist for having a dig at a religious group, while at the same time having a dig at an ideology put in place and initially promoted by a religious group
He's racist for other reasons. As literally mentioned in the post you quoted...

Give me strength. Join the dots you prat.

I'll try: do you think that Muslims will take over the country and, thus, our societal norms will start to resemble say, Iran's, and we'll start legalising all sorts of horrific things? You think Australian society will shift that way and the government will go along with it, despite seeing, right now, how much of a fight it is just to allow two consenting adults to marry? Are those the dots? If not, please elucidate for me.

If gay marriage is a slippery slope for child marriage, wouldn't the legalisation of homosexuality have caused a slippery slope legalising paedophilia?

It's been 42 years since it was legalised in SA, is there some reform coming to legalise paedophilia there?

So the context of who he is doesn't matter? If Wayne Carey came out against glassing women. Nobody should acknowledge that he once glassed a woman? Just take every comment on it's own merits, devoid of context or personal history?

I'll try: do you think that Muslims will take over the country and, thus, our societal norms will start to resemble say, Iran's, and we'll start legalising all sorts of horrific things? You think Australian society will shift that way and the government will go along with it, despite seeing, right now, how much of a fight it is just to allow two consenting adults to marry? Are those the dots? If not, please elucidate for me.

Nice try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not bigot, scumbag or being labelled devoid of relationships because I'm a knuckle dragging Neanderthal.

Thanks for your input though.

The poster is a prat.

I think I've been pretty fair to you since you actually offered an opinion. Haven't treated you any differently to how you've treated others and haven't resorted to name-calling since you elaborated on your position - even said that position is genuine for you. But please, do go on displaying your hypocrisy. Or explain the point you were trying to make with your links because if it's not what I guess upthread, I'm legitimately confused and need your help.

How is religion and race linked? I'm sure a person of any race can be a member of any religion they choose
They're not. It's been explicitly explained the reasons why he's racist. Again, you're ignoring what's said and refuting points not made.
Does that make Carey a rascist?
Well at least now people know you're incapable of justifying your views. It's funny how shallow the "no" side is.
Good job though. I've never seen someone manage to link gay marriage to Muslims taking over Australia. Managing to rag on two groups at once.

I think I've been pretty fair to you since you actually offered an opinion. Haven't treated you any differently to how you've treated others and haven't resorted to name-calling since you elaborated on your position - even said that position is genuine for you. But please, do go on displaying your hypocrisy. Or explain the point you were trying to make with your links because if it's not what I guess upthread, I'm legitimately confused and need your help.

Another nice try.

If gay marriage is a slippery slope for child marriage, wouldn't the legalisation of homosexuality have caused a slippery slope legalising paedophilia?

It's been 42 years since it was legalised in SA, is there some reform coming to legalise paedophilia there?

It is actually historical that girls were married young, it was only when the Marriage Act was introduced in 1961 that people had to be over an age to marry. Also in 1961 the Marriage Act did not include the words between a man and a woman.

They're not. It's been explicitly explained the reasons why he's racist. Again, you're ignoring what's said and refuting points not made.

Well at least now people know you're incapable of justifying your views. It's funny how shallow the "no" side is.
Good job though. I've never seen someone manage to link gay marriage to Muslims taking over Australia. Managing to rag on two groups at once.
So a Twitter quote is shown having a dig at a religious group and I'm suppose to link this unknown person who celebrates a historic figures birthday as a rascist?

The default position of EVERYONE including Liberal Party MPs should be that the Marriage Act should be changed. It would be then up to the no side to put forward their reasons for exclusion.

If you dont agree with that then you dont agree with the fundamental tenet of a democratic society respecting the rule of law that all members are entitled to equal protection under the law unless excluded for a valid reason.

So a Twitter quote is shown having a dig at a religious group and I'm suppose to link this unknown person who celebrates a historic figures birthday as a rascist?
Again, you jumped to an assumption and tried to refute the person based on it.
Why would you defend him as not racist if you have no idea who he is? You just assume the only information about him is that one tweet and that is the only thing anyone is commenting on?

It's very strange to so vocally argue when you admit to not even having the basic info of the topics

It is actually historical that girls were married young, it was only when the Marriage Act was introduced in 1961 that people had to be over an age to marry. Also in 1961 the Marriage Act did not include the words between a man and a woman.
So what you're saying is, making child marriage illegal was the start of this whole slippery slope?! (Note this post is a pisstake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back