Preview 2017 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayden Schloithe changed clubs ;)

Surprised Ben Miller missed out.

Ben Miller actually scored an invite to the national combine, so he's on the radar of a few clubs.

As others have mentioned, Taryce Stewart is one I like as a rookie. Jono Marsh too, we don't have any big midfielders at Peel. There's also a couple of young ruckmen from SA that I quite like in Sweet and West.

The WA youngsters are criminally underrated. WA finished 2nd % behind metro. WAFL is strongest league (if state games are representative) and still the players get no love from the recruiters.

From pick 5 to 13 he has the big boys stacked. Interesting. Suggests he has some difficulty separating them perhaps?

He's grossly overrated the talls.

Also bumped Naughton up to 8 on the back of what I suspect is seeing zero of his Peel games.

Also bumped Naughton up to 8 on the back of what I suspect is seeing zero of his Peel games.
Oh yes I thought that. Realistically in a draft situation it is pretty unlikely to happen that way anyway.

I don't mind quite a few of the talls in this draft, just a question of best bang for our buck. Complicated by us having such an unbalanced range of picks in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes agree fully

I've stated a heap of times in the past month how much I like Naughton and think he'll be a gun player however find it baffling that a person from Vic who may not have seen a Peel game has suddenly bumped him up.

Sounds like he has been persuaded through media reports.

As in a highlights vid?

IMO a snapshot is worth not that much. When I watched Naughton against the Swans at Bassendeen Oval his reading of the play was far more apparent. Some things you just cant see from the computer screen

Or you could watch the whole game online like I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back