McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A fair bit of noise around that he has.. few of those trade whispers sites, talk back shows and word on the street is that he has signed for 2 years..
maybe the club is waiting for a moment to announce? maybe the bye week before finals

Maybe waiting for Port to make the finals or win one, before making the announcement. Our Club has form of doing this.:$

:p

If he has signed already , and I cant not see an announcement if he had, but lets go with it, if he has signed maybe they know Lever is close and want to do a double whammy you beauty type of announcement.

Personally I think the AFC would spread the love and spotlight of the AFL world by announcing each one separately.

Definitely think that Lever is gone though. The poll for this thread suggests that majority believe he is leaving the AFC as well. I dont blame him at all tbh. A huge contract multi year multi dollar offer for a player to go back home that we cannot in all likelihood come close to matching.

As I said before this group of players are likely to never play for us again beyond 2017. Given the question marks over CC, Gov and Lever. This year is about seizing the opportunity to win the flag with them all playing for us. The AFC has form of basking in the glory of a flag for years and years.

Winning the flag in 2017 and either/all Lever/Gov/CC going to Clubs where we get remunerated well with draft picks/players will set us up wonderfully for the future especially if players like Lever and Gov are offered massive deals where us matching would be to our detriment in terms of list management.

If they are going, and it looks increasingly likely that they are, it would be handy from a trade value perspective for one of them to win the Norm.

If they are going, and it looks increasingly likely that they are, it would be handy from a trade value perspective for one of them to win the Norm.

I would be interested to know if Lever/Gov/CC have ever polled 3 or 2 votes?

Agree if a player like Lever wins the Norm Smith, Clubs like the Pies will pay overs for him with the blessing of their supporters.

With that said, all three players have moments of brilliance rather than playing massive 4 quarter games.

I would be interested to know if Lever/Gov/CC have ever polled 3 or 2 votes?

Agree if a player like Lever wins the Norm Smith, Clubs like the Pies will pay overs for him with the blessing of their supporters.

With that said, all three players have moments of brilliance rather than playing massive 4 quarter games.

None of them have polled a Brownlow vote yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes these contracts take time. I knew Rory Sloane had signed his last contact and posted this fact on BF but it wasn't announced for two or three weeks. Got some serious (and foolish) abuse by posters as time went by. I want going to do in my source to pander to some git with a bruised ego, so i let it all slide. So, Gov - or even Lever - may have committed and the process is tied up in some legal mush or a timing tactic. Just be patient.

So we had strong word several weeks ago that a 2 year deal had been accepted.....the silence is deafening !

Nah. Reckon Gov is staying. s**t going on behind the scenes. Plus TAFKATMS said that Gov wants to be here (The Metric System poster that is, who has inside word)

Lever is the one that is gone

Was nearly the difference again.

Pay him what he deserves to be paid and then some

Back