Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link? I'm talking about the black crow head on a black cap. No other colour
These ones?

40aea8b69aab81d4ed341036b08c0141.jpg

Sent Andrew this email this morning:

Hi Andrew,

I saw the club posted a poll on the website mid week about next years clash Guernsey.
I'm very disappointed in the direction the club has chosen to take with respect to this issue, 2 years after deciding to go with hoops on our clash guernseys and marketing the change as fan driven.
The poll was quite clearly rigged to go with option E (I'm assuming this was because the orders have already been placed) in order to make it seem like the fans were actually having a say. When option D overtook the clubs preferred option in the poll, the poll was taken down. I feel as if the club was treating our fans with contempt again - similar to when Steven Trigg was in charge, our fans know what the club was trying to do.
I question how the club would feel playing in a grand final next season having to wear option E - would they be embarrassed having to wear that raptor head on the Guernsey?

I will refuse to buy anything with the current club logo on it - and many many fans feel the same. That was why the current clash guernseys were so widely respected and loved.

Please don't change the current clash guernseys!! If the club has to change something every 2 years (as I understand the need to make money), change the alternate Guernsey. Ie from yellow to red. Or something else.

If ISC say the Guernsey needs to be altered for them to take ownership of the design, try something like has been posted on bigfooty following the poll - see below. I respect the decision has likely already been made and would be costly to undo but I think the way the clubs brand is seen in public is way more important than it thinks. Fans need to take pride in the logo, Guernsey and colours. As a fan I'm quite embarrassed with the current logo and the impending change of the white Guernsey. Read all the comments on the Facebook page regarding the poll for further evidence of the hate for the change.

Regards,

IMG_0847.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted E . I thought it looked the best of the bunch.
Fair enough. Everyone's tastes are different. I thought they were all poor. I am also another fan who despises the "Raptor" head. I am no fan of the primarily yellow strip either.

FWIW I have always wondered why we cannot design a jumper like the poorly thought out red jumper (Nigel Smart), except change the chevron of navy blue and gold to narrow hoops. I would probably even tolerate the white strip with the clubs logo (not Raptor head) in the centre along the lines of Carlton / Hawthorn, or a variation of the same.

Someone did an analysis of how it simply wasnt possible for option E to have that many votes after a couple of hours into the poll and hence the huge lead.
I can understand a poll going out to financial members via email. It seemed dubious creating a poll and publishing it online, open to all and sundry to participate.

Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

To suggest anything is rigged is quite offensive. I take that as a personal affront.

Think about it - why would the Club want a jumper that wasn't popular? Does that make any sense? Clearly the Club would want to have as an alternate jumper one that supporters wanted to purchase and one the team would be happy to wear.

The poll was exactly that - a poll of fans to see what jumper or jumpers were most favoured. It is a part of the assessment process. With the feedback now received we will decide which direction to take - whether one of those displayed or potentially we will reconsider and look at other options.

this is the exact process that took place to arrive at the current alternate jumpers - a jumper you appear to like.

Thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated, but please try not to question my integrity next time. I don't deserve it.

I do genuinely appreciate your support of the Club. Go Crows.

Cheers
Andrew

Ps. The poll was closed down when hackers were messing with it and posting hundreds of concurrent votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back