Freo: Balic and 2018 third

Hawks: Birchall and WhiteX
Lions: 41 and 2018 3rd

Hawks: Hartung and 32
WCE: Gaff

Hawks: Poppy and 41
GWS: Kennedy

Rockliff free agent?

INS: Balic, Gaff, Kennedy, Freo's 2018 third rounder and Lions 2018 third rounder
Out: Stratton, Birchall, WhiteX, Hartung and Poppy

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

Balic, Kennedy,Sicily, Lovell, Morrison, Stewart, Miles, Howe

Hawks: Stratton
Freo: Balic and 2018 second

Rockliff free agent?

INS: Balic, Gaff, Kennedy, Freo's 2018 second rounder and Lions 2018 third rounder

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

Heavily undervaluing Birch there.

Would take the latter two trades in a heartbeat though.

Heavily undervaluing Birch there.

Would take the latter two trades in a heartbeat though.
I think with Birchall you have to take age into consideration and his recent injuries. Brisbanes third rounder is essentially a late second and their second would be too high and overs for the two.

I think with Birchall you have to take age into consideration and his recent injuries. Brisbanes third rounder is essentially a late second and their second would be too high and overs for the two.

I can't see us trading another experienced defender having just lost Gibbo and Hodge. A fit Birchall will be crucial for our young backline over the next few seasons.

Did anyone else notice Poppy and Dureya embracing each other in the middle of Etihad stadium after our last game against the Dogs?

The camera's were generally focused on Hodge, Murphy and Boyd but when i saw this I thought to myself gee i wonder if that was both of them knowing it was the last time they would play for the hawks.

Rockliff free agent?

INS: Balic, Gaff, Kennedy, Freo's 2018 third rounder and Lions 2018 third rounder

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

And just like that and our backline will fall apart due to all the talkers being traded above...

And just like that and our backline will fall apart due to all the talkers being traded above...
I don't know what your point is here.
They will eventually go and they looked pretty solid to me nearing the end of the season. Getting Frawley back will add stability, Gunston 2nd year down there will be a big voice and still have Burgoyne.

I don't know what your point is here.
They will eventually go and they looked pretty solid to me nearing the end of the season. Getting Frawley back will add stability, Gunston 2nd year down there will be a big voice and still have Burgoyne.
Frawley is not a talker... We were fine because of Hodgey. Burto will be a big talker next year, But Stratts & Birch are big voices in that backline that are needed next year & we won't be shifting them out.

We can afford to lose only one of Frawley, Stratts and Birchall plus we might be looking to load up the next two years in the draft, so we're not left too far behind GWS, bulldogs, dees etc... In the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley is not a talker... We were fine because of Hodgey. Burto will be a big talker next year, But Stratts & Birch are big voices in that backline that are needed next year & we won't be shifting them out.

Glass was directing players in his first game. He'll be a talker, to be sure.

I tend to agree though that we need to keep one of Birchall or Stratton.

Rockliff free agent?

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

Poor deal for us the first one & an even poorer deal for the Eagles the 2nd one.

Rockliff free agent?

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

We need a defence. I wouldn't trade either Stratton or Birchall. It would just be too much turnaround. That can be dangerous and if your trading alot of players it may not be healthy for the players as their worried that they'll be next on the trading table.
Also i don't like the idea of Burton & Gunston having to play defence to keep it afloat. Sure they can play there if its required but would not like to see them being forced to play there all year. We'll need Gunston forward when Roughy retires in a couple/few years. Would like to try Burton in the middle

Rockliff free agent?

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

Mate I don't know what team you been watching the last seven or eight years to suggest trading Burch & Stratts for teaspoons. Both are vital, they are leaders and have some years of football left in them.

It is interesting to note the enthusiasm for Balic. Have any of the Perth contingent seen him play?
All I can see is a player who slipped in the 2015 draft to pick 38 presumably over concerns about a chronic wrist injury. He was drafted by Freo in spite of concerns about him being a "homing pigeon" and subsequently played 4 senior games whilst missing much of the last two seasons with a wrist operation and extended bouts of "home leave".
I assume the interest in him is based on "potential" because on the face of it he doesn't have much exposed form.

It is interesting to note the enthusiasm for Balic. Have any of the Perth contingent seen him play?
All I can see is a player who slipped in the 2015 draft to pick 38 presumably over concerns about a chronic wrist injury. He was drafted by Freo in spite of concerns about him being a "homing pigeon" and subsequently played 4 senior games whilst missing much of the last two seasons with a wrist operation and extended bouts of "home leave".
I assume the interest in him is based on "potential" because on the face of it he doesn't have much exposed form.
A Freo mate of mine at work says really good things about him but expects peanuts for Freo. Low risk high return

Yeah, not sure I agree with throwing out most of our premiership-winning backline simply because we can see a few sprouts coming through - Birchall, Stratton, Frawley still have good footy in front of them, coupled with experience and a loud voice; these attributes are really quite paramount for fertilising the previously mentioned sprouts sprouting through, not to mention depth in case of injury.

Sprouts.

Hi,
New Poster. But have a legit scoop.

Can someone add this to the "Scandals and Rumours" thread. I am a long time reader of it.

Luke Hodge is going to Brisbane Lions today, source is a sponsor.

Thanks, I will post more soon.

Rockliff free agent?

Best 22:
Hardiwck Brand Burton
Burgoyne Frawley Gunston

McEvoy Shiels O'Meara
Smith Mitchell Gaff

Bruest O'Brien Shoey
O'Rouke Roughead Rioli

This is ******* awful.

1. How the * is Stratton worth only a want-away 4 gamer and a third rounder? Pass.

2. Yep, Gaff (one of the best wing players in the game, AA and sill only 25) is worth Hartung and pick 32.

3. Unless Birch is offered a 3 year-deal elsewhere and asks to leave, whats the point trading him for pick 41 in a weak draft? His leadership will be vital next season. He will likely even free Burton up to swing forward and through the midfield.

4. You've started John O'Rourke on the ground.

Hi,
New Poster. But have a legit scoop.

Can someone add this to the "Scandals and Rumours" thread. I am a long time reader of it.

Luke Hodge is going to Brisbane Lions today, source is a sponsor.

Thanks, I will post more soon.

God knows they need the help. The Hawthorn Academy continues to exert its quiet influence over the game.

Because of my pride for the Hawthorn Academy I will support Richmond or the Plastic Fantastics to win the Grand Final. It's been five years since someone other than a Hawthorn product coached a winning Grand Final side. Let's keep the streak alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back