List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the thread suggests hypothetical trades and wish list so here it goes. Emphasis on the wish. All these are highly unlikely of course.

TRADE 1:
Jake lever to the the hawks for 2018 first round pick.
Aaron Francis to the crows and third round pick to the hawks.
Ben straton and 2018 second round pick to essendon.

TRADE 2:
James Frawley and a later pick for jake stringer

TRADE 3:
Poppy to gws for second round pick which is then traded to Freo for Balic and either a 3 or 4th round pick. Maybe somehow convince Freo to take Vickery as well.

Sign Anthony Miles as a free agent.

2018 lineup
Hardwick, Brand, birchall,
Sicily, lever, burton
Smith, Mitchell, burgoyne
Stringer, Shoenmakers/obrien, Gunston
Rioli, roughead, breust
Mcevoy/ceglar, o'meara, o'rourke
Howe, shiels, miles, hartung/Morrison

I wouldn't be surprised by, or unhappy with, a straight swap of Billy Hartung for Tom Lamb.

Tom Lamb (West Coast)
A 20yr old with elite endurance who stands at 193cm. Has strong hands, athleticism and versatility. Played mostly wing and half-forward in the WAFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-18/eagle-lamb-could-fly-home-after-limited-opportunities

I hate that guy's hair. Whenever I see his footy pic it annoys me. I think having him and Vickery in brown and gold may be too much for me.

I am not sure that Tom Lamb has much to offer. Many of the Eagles supporters seem to think he is long on potential and short on performance. None seem to be too shattered that he is moving on. He sounds a bit like a poor man's Mitch Thorp.
Has anyone seen him play in recent years or is he being judged " on his elite endurance etc"?

Trade Possibles: going through the list of uncontracted players in 2017, these appear to be possible diamonds in the rough...

Tom Rockliff
(Bris)- contract 3-4 years will give Bris a compo pick
Jake Lever (Adel)- will cost a lot to trade and with contract(maybe too much?)
Caleb Marchbank (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, if Carlton go big on Rockliff, he might be available?)
Jarrod Pickett (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Tom Phillips (Coll)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Harley Balic (Freo)- (uncontracted atm, "on indefinate leave for personal reasons" red flag?
Darcy Lang (Geel)- (uncontracted atm, read in a paper geelong are considering trading him to make space for stringer and ablett???
Josh Schoenfeld (GCS)- (uncontracted atm, young outside runner, might be worth a trade for a nothing pick
Matthew Kennedy (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, could be worth a trade with puopolo?
Devon Smith (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, i hear we might be into him from trade whispers? idk how to feel about this?
Jake Batchelor (Rich)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth a late pick)
Tom Lamb (WCE)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up)

March bank and Picket are both contracted through 2018. Lever we are out of the race for unfortunately. Balic is going to Melbourne.
I believe Lang has signed a new deal.
Hopefully we get kennedy.

Like the thread suggests hypothetical trades and wish list so here it goes. Emphasis on the wish. All these are highly unlikely of course.

TRADE 1:

TRADE 2:

TRADE 3:
Poppy to gws for second round pick which is then traded to Freo for Balic and either a 3 or 4th round pick. Maybe somehow convince Freo to take Vickery as well.

2018 lineup
Sicily, lever, burton
Rioli, roughead, breust
Keep dreaming. Absolutely no chance of any of that happening

March bank and Picket are both contracted through 2018. Lever we are out of the race for unfortunately. Balic is going to Melbourne.
I believe Lang has signed a new deal.
Hopefully we get kennedy.

Balic is going to Melbourne?

Fantastic, I mean it's obvious that they need an inside midfielder with average disposal. Shrewd pick up.

Out of all the players being thrown around, is there anyone that we've actually confirmed interest in? Or look likely to? I'd love for us to snag Rockliff, but we haven't been mentioned as meeting up with him or anything like that. Seems like as soon as there's a whisper a player might leave, Carlton seem to be jumping all over them. Rocky would be great for us, considering we wouldn't have to give anything for him (i think), and Fagan would snag most likely a first round pick #2 or something like that. Win win for both of us

The reasoning for Miles being on the outer is he literally can't do anything other than be on the inside. Which doesn't sound like a bad thing but completely contradicts Clarko's mantra on players needing to be flexible and capable of playing multiple positions.

I am not sure that Tom Lamb has much to offer. Many of the Eagles supporters seem to think he is long on potential and short on performance. None seem to be too shattered that he is moving on. He sounds a bit like a poor man's Mitch Thorp.
Has anyone seen him play in recent years or is he being judged " on his elite endurance etc"?

Has struggled away from family still a chance if he gets back to Melbourne and under their wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TRADE 1:

TRADE 2:

TRADE 3:

2018 lineup
Sicily, lever, burton
Rioli, roughead, breust

I wouldn't give up just the pick for him.

TRADE 1:

TRADE 2:

TRADE 3:

2018 lineup
Sicily, lever, burton
Rioli, roughead, breust
Can only trade a future 1st or any of the other picks. Can't trade any other future picks if you have traded your future 1st.

Wouldn't do Frawley one. We need Frawley and We shouldn't be giving up important puzzle pieces for one like Stringer.

I think if we asked them to take Vickery then they'd want Pick 1

I would be happy if we managed a deal similar to the Deledio one.
Puopolo & Smith + pick 60 for 2018 1st & Kennedy + pick 69?

That's a pretty high risk/high reward deal. At first I thought no way, but another 2018 first and Kennedy would be pretty handy. Unfortunately I don't have any faith that we can find a suitable Smith replacement.

That's a pretty high risk/high reward deal. At first I thought no way, but another 2018 first and Kennedy would be pretty handy. Unfortunately I don't have any faith that we can find a suitable Smith replacement.
We said we'd be bold so so high risk/high reward is on the table. I mean look at last years trade period. That was high risk/ high reward

We said we'd be bold so so high risk/high reward is on the table. I mean look at last years trade period. That was high risk/ high reward

Fair call, I just think the lack of outside run hurt us this year. If we could swing a Gaff into the equation then I may feel more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back