List Mgmt. Hypothetical trades and wishlists thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Clarko chose his words pretty carefully so that nothing was completely ruled in or out. If the Hawks can do deals that they think will improve the list they will do so. However, in the light of the new salary cap and the Franklin contracts being thrown around at so-called big fish, I think he is suggesting that We are not silly enough to join that feeding frenzy. Franklin and Tippet have not won premierships for Sydney so the jury is still out on whether paying mega bucks for one or two players is a sound strategy.
We've really shifted our story from war-chest to 'a quiet period'.

I would not like a straight swap at all. Soon enough he'll be delisted anyway. i'd give a 4th rounder for him max
Tom kicked bags of 5 and 4 goals in a struggling team (East Perth) and topped their goalscoring for the year (admittedly with only 21). Earlier this year the W.A. press were calling for him and Luke Partington to get games at the Eagles. Tom is only 20! James Sicerly played his first game for the Hawks at age 20. Why would you think he would be delisted.

EDIT: The West Coast Bigfooty community seem divided on Lamb. Some say he should be delisted while others say:
“He's quick, has great endurance and is a great user by foot.”
“Lamb needs to be played on a wing ffs. Can run all day, and provides a marking target coming out of defence.”
“It's unforgivable he hasn't been given a run in 3 years.”
“I wouldn't hold onto Lamb because i see him burning us in any prospective trade."
"Lamb is likely to be traded back home”
“It makes it pretty much impossible for Lamb to get the same kind of opportunity as a tall in (the W.C.) side”
AND
“Guess you missed the mail where Lamb is signing a one year extension soon”

As West Cost supporters should know their player, Mitchell5 you are probably right that a straight swap isn't a fair trade. A swap of Draft Picks is needed: Maybe WC pick 29 for the Hawks pick 39. Which is eq. to Harting for Lamb + Pick 45

Last edited:
We've really shifted our story from war-chest to 'a quiet period'.

Unfortunately the war chest was only ever going to work should there be big name free agents at play. Being that most of the options now are trade targets it hurts our ability to make some big plays somewhat. Dare say the emergence of players like Hardwick, Sicily, Howe etc during the year probably took up some of the warchest also as they were likely re-signed on bigger deals than would have been projected at the beginning of the year.

Wouldn't be shocked if Burton got a nice little pay bump also.

Trade Possibles: going through the list of uncontracted players in 2017, these appear to be possible diamonds in the rough...

Tom Rockliff
(Bris)- contract 3-4 years will give Bris a compo pick
Jake Lever (Adel)- will cost a lot to trade and with contract(maybe too much?)
Caleb Marchbank (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, if Carlton go big on Rockliff, he might be available?)
Jarrod Pickett (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Tom Phillips (Coll)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Harley Balic (Freo)- (uncontracted atm, "on indefinate leave for personal reasons" red flag?)
Darcy Lang (Geel)- (uncontracted atm, read in a paper geelong are considering trading him to make space for stringer and ablett???)
Josh Schoenfeld (GCS)- (uncontracted atm, young outside runner, might be worth a trade for a nothing pick)
Matthew Kennedy (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, could be worth a trade with puopolo?)
Devon Smith (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, i hear we might be into him from trade whispers? idk how to feel about this?)
Jake Batchelor (Rich)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth a late pick)
Tom Lamb (WCE)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up)

some talent going cheap, some of them worth a look, #BriansBargains

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read that on Trade Radio they were speculating that the Demons were into Balic.

Bloody Demons are into everything...

417213_14005ee5b5205ceeaad8b977e5a5b9bb.jpg

Trade Possibles: going through the list of uncontracted players in 2017, these appear to be possible diamonds in the rough...

Tom Rockliff
(Bris)- contract 3-4 years will give Bris a compo pick
Jake Lever (Adel)- will cost a lot to trade and with contract(maybe too much?)
Caleb Marchbank (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, if Carlton go big on Rockliff, he might be available?)
Jarrod Pickett (Carl)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Tom Phillips (Coll)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up for cheap)
Harley Balic (Freo)- (uncontracted atm, "on indefinate leave for personal reasons" red flag?)
Darcy Lang (Geel)- (uncontracted atm, read in a paper geelong are considering trading him to make space for stringer and ablett???)
Josh Schoenfeld (GCS)- (uncontracted atm, young outside runner, might be worth a trade for a nothing pick)
Matthew Kennedy (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, could be worth a trade with puopolo?)
Devon Smith (GWS)- (uncontracted atm, i hear we might be into him from trade whispers? idk how to feel about this?)
Jake Batchelor (Rich)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth a late pick)
Tom Lamb (WCE)- (uncontracted atm, might be worth picking up)

some talent going cheap, some of them worth a look, #BriansBargains

I am genuinely shocked that Marchbank is still unsigned.

He is a jet.

Tom kicked bags of 5 and 4 goals in a struggling team (East Perth) and topped their goalscoring for the year (admittedly with only 21). Earlier this year the W.A. press were calling for him and Luke Partington to get games at the Eagles. Tom is only 20! James Sicerly played his first game for the Hawks at age 20. Why would you think he would be delisted.

EDIT: The West Coast Bigfooty community seem divided on Lamb. Some say he should be delisted while others say:
“He's quick, has great endurance and is a great user by foot.”
“Lamb needs to be played on a wing ffs. Can run all day, and provides a marking target coming out of defence.”
“It's unforgivable he hasn't been given a run in 3 years.”
“I wouldn't hold onto Lamb because i see him burning us in any prospective trade."
"Lamb is likely to be traded back home”
“It makes it pretty much impossible for Lamb to get the same kind of opportunity as a tall in (the W.C.) side”
AND
“Guess you missed the mail where Lamb is signing a one year extension soon”

As West Cost supporters should know their player, Mitchell5 you are probably right that a straight swap isn't a fair trade. A swap of Draft Picks is needed: Maybe WC pick 29 for the Hawks pick 39. Which is eq. to Harting for Lamb + Pick 45
They know their players like we knew Mitch Hallahan, and we know Billy Hartung. Fans can severely over and underrate kids. Some people acted as if Brad Hill shouldn't have been in the league.

Sicily plays at key positions punching above his weight, taking until 20 to play a game is no surprise at all, there is no reason wingers should not be able to contribute quickly if they are good enough ala Brad Hill, even Hartung got 7 games in 2014 at around the peak of one of the greatest teams of all time, Lamb got one game in the slowest midfield of this era, and when it was struggling did not get a sniff. Strong signs that he is rubbish, Simpson is not clueless.

Looking at the WAFL stats he averaged 16 per game in the WAFL, not the kind of kid that has similar value to a competent AFL midfielder, one playing better in the AFL no less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back