Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
her final sentiment is a little off target. Whilst you can land the blame for the internal mess at the hawks board, the hit on Gaudry's reputation is her own doing.
You can't apply for a job, fail at it, then blame your employer for not seeing you weren't fit for the job.

I imagine she displayed some qualities the board liked. It may have been an ambitious sink-or-swim appointment, but once made it was up to Gaudry to do well in the job.

I find it interesting that Garlick is linked to the job, considering the mess the Dogs found themselves in prior to his removal (Griffen/McCartney mess).

Don't be too hard on Garlick - No-one can be a good CEO under Gordon's watch.

Seriously, what is wrong at West Lakes? Appreciate that the Lever thing is nothing new but now it's real a few days after they lost a grand final.

I can't see how they could continually develop so many quality players using as many late picks if their welfare and culture are not first rate.

Then you look at Port which two decent years in the last 9 aside has been s**t and irrelevant but before Trengove they couldn't sell a player.

Apologies to our South Australian friends but I can understand why Adelaide as a city does not appeal but that doesn't explain the difference between the clubs (unless I have been mislead and Alberton is a paradise).

Is it just a case of Port chronically overpaying anyone of value?

At the end of the day some footballers prefer Melbourne or Sydney for the post-opportunities that are provided in these cities - Anyway how could Adelaide match 800K for Lever - Lever on exposed form is worth about 500K.

And the tackling technique of players needs to change/improve. Anything near the upper arm can be shrugged to a high tackle.

At times in my playing days, rather than tackle, I'd opt to slap or punch the ball out of my opponent's hands as he took possession. It's risky and you have to be quick, but it's a decent alternative to a tackle, which can take a few seconds to fully execute. I don't think we see enough of it in AFL, possibly because it looks silly if it doesn't come off.

Last edited:
people are suprised this guy gave a short speech?

653332-89d3ae1a-9c39-11e4-94c2-d4edd815b701.jpg

lol Carlscum missing out on Rocky. Why on earth would he have gone there other than coin? I suspect Smith will give them a miss as well too....hopefully for us from what I'm hearing this morning.

The destination club for twosman looks as though it will continue at VISY Park. s**t...they'd wanna be retaining Gibbs now!

Last edited:
At the end of the day some footballers prefer Melbourne or Sydney for the post-opportunities that are provided in these cities - Anyway how could Adelaide match 800K for Lever - Lever on exposed form is worth about 500K.

Appreciate that but it doesn't explain the difference between the retention rates of the Adelaide clubs (not to mention Port also enticing big name trades that Adelaide can't seem to manage).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind it. Not sure if it looks better with or without the white gradient on the bottom of the stripes. Curious if the flags are gone because they're a tired element or if they don't like the flag-bogan stereotype. They also hid the birds feet. :drunk:

I feel it would work better with a smaller bird, perched on the 1892 plate. The hidden feet are a little odd, but the bigger issue for me is the head coming out the top and throwing the balance out. Good to see the back of the gradient though.

Nothing compares to the classic simplicity of the Port SANFL logo though:

magpies.png

I feel it would work better with a smaller bird, perched on the 1892 plate. The hidden feet are a little odd, but the bigger issue for me is the head coming out the top and throwing the balance out. Good to see the back of the gradient though.

Nothing compares to the classic simplicity of the Port SANFL logo though:

magpies.png
That's the exact same as the magpie on the left of the 125 years version.

So Collingwood added the port pie to their logo for a year to celebrate their own anniversary? :eek:

So Collingwood added the port pie to their logo for a year to celebrate their own anniversary? :eek:
It's a bit different. Different markings, but the pose is exactly the same!

Nah.

Collingwood have had both directions across their history: http://footyjumpers.com/collingwoodlogos.htm

I think their first predates the Port logo too (though neither are on that site).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back