Should adelaide drop lever for the gf?

Remove this Banner Ad

As for the pay cut thing...Wow dude, you really didn't read what I said. Go back and have a proper look. I never said you should make Lever take a pay cut. I said clubs with good culture has players that take pay cuts. That was intended to mean voluntarily! Both Geelong and Hawthorn have players that did it. Culture is defined within an organisation as having an alignment of values and beliefs. If the players value the success of the organisation over money they earn then they stay. I never said anything about Adelaide having a poor culture so I don't have an example. I just suggested it's perhaps not strong enough to promote all players taking pay cuts.

I know what you meant about the pay cuts. Tex has already taken one to help with securing McGovern and Lever. There are rumours Sloane will do the same. It's not a guarantee though. It's reported that Lever has been offered a huge contract which could exceed any reasonable juggling of the salary cap. We can only ask so much of these guys before it's bordering on unreasonable and insulting.

source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...p/news-story/e0e3c97104fcdc736fea2fe19b72556a

Nice try having a dig at my club and conflating a poor prelim loss with poor culture. That's intellectually dishonest. And you tell me to engage my brain? Pot kettle black dude...we were beaten on the day by a better team. It happens. Strong culture doesn't prevent poor performances from ever occuring, strong culture ensures that the rot doesn't set in and the club bounces back. So next time you wanna have a crack at my club, the club that has won 3 flags in the last 10 years and made 8 out of the last 11 prelims...make sure your club wins the flag this Saturday...and another 2 after that! :thumbsu:

Adelaide built it's list on the back of recent draft sanctions. There is no better example of a club preventing the "rot from setting in" and bouncing back than the Crows. Geelong has done nearly the complete opposite and tried to prevent the rot by mortgaging their future on mature players which has left the side with a imbalanced list.

Keep living in the past if you want. The era of Geelong dominance is well over. Nobody cares about making a prelim if you lose it. Crows have made plenty of prelims over the years and we've never thought it was anything worth celebrating because nobody remembers who finished 3rd or 4th. If making a prelim actually mattered, Neil Craig would be worshipped as a super coach.

I know what you meant about the pay cuts. Tex has already taken one to help with securing McGovern and Lever. There are rumours Sloane will do the same. It's not a guarantee though. It's reported that Lever has been offered a huge contract which could exceed any reasonable juggling of the salary cap. We can only ask so much of these guys before it's bordering on unreasonable and insulting.

source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...p/news-story/e0e3c97104fcdc736fea2fe19b72556a

Adelaide built it's list on the back of recent draft sanctions. There is no better example of a club preventing the "rot from setting in" and bouncing back than the Crows. Geelong has done nearly the complete opposite and tried to prevent the rot by mortgaging their future on mature players which has left the side with a imbalanced list.

Keep living in the past if you want. The era of Geelong dominance is well over. Nobody cares about making a prelim if you lose it. Crows have made plenty of prelims over the years and we've never thought it was anything worth celebrating because nobody remembers who finished 3rd or 4th. If making a prelim actually mattered, Neil Craig would be worshipped as a super coach.
Tex loves the place that much he'd play for free. That's a good thing BTW. You want players that bleed for the jumper (is that also a buzzword)? Gaz also left for a huge offer we we couldn't obviously match. If it's all sweet Lever going I'd hope that not 1 crow fan boos him. I mean, it would be insulting to ask him to stay on half of what the demons will offer him, so noone in theit right mind would be him yeah?

Credit where it is due Adelaide have built a magnificent list despite defections and draft sanctions. It's an incredible team on paper and makes guys like Mackay look good as he walks taller with so many stars around him. And to think there isn't even 1 top 10 pick in the side that belted us on the weekend...no arguments from me that's a fair effort. But it will mean nothing if you don't win this saturday. I think you will though but lets wait and see.

I think you're way off saying we've tried to stop the rot by getting experienced players. Hawthorn went down a different path for success and brought in heaps of experienced players like Burgoyne, Hale, Frawley, Gibson and Lake. It didn't do them any harm. I think Stephen Wells knows what he's doing he also has the runs on the board and with the advent of free agency we'd have been stupid to not incorporate it in our list management strategy. We've gotten some amazing recruits, Danger, Hendo, Tuhoy, Z.Smith and S.Selwood have all bolstered our team. Sure I don't accept prelims but we only need to tweak a couple of things to win a flag and everyone would be singing our praises once more.

This is one of the dumbest threads of the year.

Don Pyke's job is to win the 2017 premiership. Adelaide with Lever > Adelaide without Lever. He's not a destabilising influence, nor is speculation about his future affecting the team's performance. 2/2 in the finals so far with an average winning margin of nearly 50. As far as the Crows are thinking, Lever plays, hopefully they win the game then in two weeks time if Lever goes he goes.

This is one of the dumbest threads of the year.

Don Pyke's job is to win the 2017 premiership. Adelaide with Lever > Adelaide without Lever. He's not a destabilising influence, nor is speculation about his future affecting the team's performance. 2/2 in the finals so far with an average winning margin of nearly 50. As far as the Crows are thinking, Lever plays, hopefully they win the game then in two weeks time if Lever goes he goes.

This is it. You have to play your best side in the GF. It's a no-brainer.

Crows fans will be bitter at Lever for a while but it will pass eventually. He is going to play for Melbourne afterall. That in itself should be punishment enough.

Adelaide should definitely drop Lever.
While their at it they should drop Sloane, Betts and Walker.
:rolleyes:

i hear the Crouch brothers are in talks with Gold Coast....They probably need to be dropped too.

:D

It's been widely reported that jake lever is off at the conclusion of this season. Why then, should adelaide give him the honour of playing in the grand final and potentially winning a premiership? He was ordinary against geelong and has one foot out the door already so I don't see why they would keep him. Richmond have a mosquito fleet that could be covered by the other adelaide defenders.

I'm not sure man. I know they should do a lot of things they don't do correctly but dropping lever? Hmm probably. But then you look at what happened when we dropped our lever (parsons) even though they're practically begging to be dropped, it may not work out well for the team on game day for some odd reason.

Think omitting him is a bit harsh but I agree that the Crows medium and taller defenders will have a job on there hands trying to control Richmond's smalls.

Just like the Tigers defenders will have a job on there hands to curtail the influence of Jenkins, Walker and Lynch.

This is it. You have to play your best side in the GF. It's a no-brainer.

Crows fans will be bitter at Lever for a while but it will pass eventually. He is going to play for Melbourne afterall. That in itself should be punishment enough.
Well not really, because with him we are putting a list together that can challenge for a flag. Couple more tweaks and we are close to being top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about time the wider footy media and public grew up about this stuff. He's a guy doing a job, we all leave jobs for better money, relocation, family reasons or whatever.

Paul Roos opening his stupid mouth a couple of years back set the conversation back - imagine dropping a player, a good one, because he won't be there next year. So what? Grow up and realise it's a business as well as a sport.

Some players may want to be one club players, create a dynasty and forego salary increases to try and ensure it happens. Worked for Geelong and Hawks recently but it won't always happen. Good luck to them and I applaud it, as I applaud one club players at my club.

But let's not pretend they're playing for nothing. They'll be millionaires taking a bit less money rather than playing for free.

It isn't what helps me sleep at night, it's just the truth

tumblr_nkepckpeJb1silxrio1_500.gif

Tippett played a blinder in 2012 Crow Hawks Prelim loss and then went to Sydney so when Charlie Cameron played a blinder last week the nose hairs began to twitch. Here's to Lever playing a blinder on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back