Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL did not help us when they conveniantly brought the two new teams in when Richmond were crying out for draft picks.
We just haven't got the depth atm.

Stop blaming the AFL. How many players have the Tigers developed off their rookie list? And how on earth did you recruit Lonergan, Petterd and Orren bloody Stephenson in one year!! Good grief!!

So you're inside his head now?

I'm sure you can provide them.

In truth, they're irrelevant - but they demonstrate that what I've observed empirically is reinforced statistically.

So in returning to what was quoted, bringing Yarran into the team won't 'drastically minimise turnovers' whatsoever - your issues are deeper than that.

And in a side that's often bereft of endeavour and grit, Yarran might not take long to "mentally move on".

Right so you're going to quote me stats from his shithouse last year at the Blues and conveniently ignore his previous years. Way to get your point across.

Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Right so you're going to quote me stats from his shithouse last year at the Blues and conveniently ignore his previous years. Way to get your point across.

Let's agree to disagree and move on.
Nothing's stopping you from providing the stats... I'm just quoting from his most recent performances - If I was quoting from further back you'd tell me to stop 'living in the past'...

As I said, I've watched him for 6+ years. Put whatever stats you want to the argument...

We are also a hunted club.Opposition fans get great pleasure out of beating Richmond so we play a grand final every week.All the big 4 clubs face that imo.
If you were right, once would have been enough.

Does Richmond winning the flag this year mean that their list management strategy to build a team to make finals, and not challenge for a flag, is vindicated?

Sounds more like they stumbled arse backwards into a flag. Credit to the players and whoever motivated them. No credit to the recruitment team and board prior to this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds more like they stumbled arse backwards into a flag. Credit to the players and whoever motivated them. No credit to the recruitment team and board prior to this year.
Our drafting from 2014-2016 has been excellent. You don’t stumble in to a flag you get one because you have talent and deserve it. Comments made last year were to save face and shouldn’t be read in to a whole lot.

Our drafting from 2014-2016 has been excellent. You don’t stumble in to a flag you get one because you have talent and deserve it. Comments made last year were to save face and shouldn’t be read in to a whole lot.

I'm saying the recruiters stumbled into a flag. They didn't even know what they had last year.

I think it’s more important a classic case of ‘making your own luck’ by small player defensive pressure due to lack of kpf support for JR.

Stop blaming the AFL. How many players have the Tigers developed off their rookie list?

fair few now

Stengle looks great. Chol and Moore have some upside too

rioli - 15
markov - 50
broad - 67
moore - rookie
chol -rookie

c ellis - 12
menadue - 33
drummond - 52
butler - 67
short - rookie
george - rookie
lambert - rookie (pick46)
soldo - rookie

they found flag winning players late in the last two drafts ... all late picks. plus rioli who was seen as a significant risk and is now a legend.

rioli, George, Butler are not only premiership players but 20, 21, 21 so have a bit of upside...

1506825740495.jpg

Dan Richardson certainly annoys me and they got luck but they deserve some credit.

its hardly a list for 4million first round picks like GWS

Last edited:
Bet you wish Carlton did this instead of play the game of Scarface in the board room. What a rabble.

I'm saying the recruiters stumbled into a flag. They didn't even know what they had last year.

They stumbled onto kane lambert at pick 46 in the rookie draft

gun inside/outside, creative goal kicking fast mid

shame carlton didnt stumble into him... He won the carlton reserves best and fairest and they still wouldnt give him a chance. what a pack of flogs. too busy focusing on some 20 year old delisted in NSW.

culturally toxic place. hang over from the cheating saga perhaps?

Geez some sensitivity on behalf of people who claimed supporters couldn't handle a rebuild. I didn't say it. Most Richmond supporters were incensed by it. Last year #eco was in full swing.

It was disrespectful to the supporter base and now those supporters want to attack my team because it happened to work out for them. What's wrong with suggesting the hierarchy didn't know what they had. Clearly they didn't when they were making statements like that.

I think it’s more important a classic case of ‘making your own luck’ by small player defensive pressure due to lack of kpf support for JR.

Yeah game plan and execution were a big part of it. I have a feeling that last year really galvanised the team and they may have felt insulted by the implication they weren't good enough to win a flag coming from their own office.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back