List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFA Signing: Motlop

Trade 1
Out: Lever
In: pick 10, pick 20 (from Geelong, via Melb)

Trade 2
Out: Charlie Cameron, pick 53
In: pick 12

Trade 3
Out: pick 20
In: Bob Francis

Trade 4
Out: Pick 16, 35
In: Gibbs

Trade 5:
Out: 2018 2nd and 3rd round picks
In: GCS picks 24 and 37

So far:
Out: Pick 16, 35, 53, Lever, Cameron, 2018 2nd and 3rd round picks
In: Gibbs, Francis, Motlop, pick 10, pick 24, pick 37 (used on Jackson Edwards)

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Trade 4

Trade 5:

So far:
Why are Geelong giving pick 20 to Melbourne?

Wigg must be getting traded?
Does this mean CEY is staying around?
Just means that they weren't included in the first round of delistings. The club normally does a second round as soon as trade week finishes, delisting anyone they hoped to offload via trade, but couldn't find any buyers.

Looks more likely that CEY will be delisted and re-drafted in the Rookie Draft, which is what many people have speculated since he did his knee.

Nothing is emptier? I can think of one, your posting for starters.

So you still don't understand the difference between delisted free agent and restricted free agent and the compensation?

I'm also gathering you didn't see Trengove interviewed at the airport either?

As for being wrong, how many games did Trengove play as a key defender this year? Because that's another thing you got wrong, they needed him as a KPD.

You mean free agent compo they won't receive? You mean you don't understand that they could NEVER be forced to keep him? What a silly argument - "force him out"!! Force out something you're not forced to keep!

Did you believe the Lever interviews as well? You still must be in shock that he's off to Melbourne, as what players say to fans in the media is always 100% truth.

He played his last two games for Port as a key defender, including one on Jenkins. Obviously he should have played on Kennedy, but they knew he was going. Whether it was spite or just wanting to invest games in youth that were sticking around, they chose to not play him knowing he wasn't going to be at the club.

Just means that they weren't included in the first round of delistings. The club normally does a second round as soon as trade week finishes, delisting anyone they hoped to offload via trade, but couldn't find any buyers.

Looks more likely that CEY will be delisted and re-drafted in the Rookie Draft, which is what many people have speculated since he did his knee.
Might have 7 outs, then?

Menz, Lever, Cameron, Gore, Thompson, Wigg, CEY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menzel has to be one of the worst recruiting decisions the club has made. Sub-Tambling levels of value for money.
We lost out big time on that trade. Not only did Kerridge play more games for Carlton than Menzel did for Adelaide, but we gave them a 2nd round pick as well.

We lost out big time on that trade. Not only did Kerridge play more games for Carlton than Menzel did for Adelaide, but we gave them a 2nd round pick as well.
I'm not extremely fussed. It was a big bust, but was also a worthwhile risk at the time. Kerridge would never have become a regular in our side anyway

It happens. Worth a risk at the time. Not all gambles pay off.

Happy the club is cutting it's losses - same with Gore.

We have plenty of talented guys still on the list, that have huge upside. Clearing out these two is significant.

That means we have 4 out already + Lever and Cameron. So six players to come in as of right now ... is that correct?

It happens. Worth a risk at the time. Not all gambles pay off.

Happy the club is cutting it's losses - same with Gore.

We have plenty of talented guys still on the list, that have huge upside. Clearing out these two is significant.

That means we have 4 out already + Lever and Cameron. So six players to come in as of right now ... is that correct?
Thompson, Menzel, Gore, Lever, Cameron from the senior list.
Shaw from the rookie list.

Menzel has to be one of the worst recruiting decisions the club has made. Sub-Tambling levels of value for money.

Ohh you people are pathetic you know that?

Whinge whinge whinge that the club isn't active at the trade table, and that we don't draft enough SA talent.

Well here we have the club doing both, looking to bring SA boys home and talented ones at that. Who knows what 28 could have been, but it's not the best pick in the world. Kerridge is also fairly ordinary and wasn't going places either. I consider him no lose whatsoever and didn't even bat an eye lid when he walked out.

You're never going to have a 100% success rate with these guys, even a 50% bit rate is deemed decent. We traded for a supremely talented footballer, and tried to turn it around. 25% of it is up to the club, the other 75% is up to the player.

Admittedly we didn't give him many games which is disappointing, but he hasn't done anything of note and we are culling our losses and moving on.

I am as devo as anyone on here to see him go and not given more chances with Charlie going, but there obviously must be more than meets the eye.

You can't win them all

Highly plausible. :thumbsu:
More than 6 changes is significant ... how many do we think will be via the draft? How many of these first rounders are we holding onto?

I know we are getting Edwards as a father-son - but is this the draft we want all our picks in? Or do we have some big trades in the pipeline that will eat up our bounty?

Trade 1

Trade 2

Trade 3

Trade 4

Trade 5:

So far:

I don't think we'll land 12 for Cameron.

Can you explain the thinking behind the pick swap with Gold Coast?

I wanted to keep Menzel; I still reckon he is quality and showed enough when played. Seems a rash decision to cut him now when we don't know how the trade period will turn out.
Fair bet the club told him a while ago, and his manager would have been shopping him around without any interest. They wouldn't cut him this early if they thought there was even a faint chance of trading him. This is probably why Wigg wasn't on today's list as well - there must be just a smidgen of interest from some poor team with a below average list manager.

More than 6 changes is significant ... how many do we think will be via the draft? How many of these first rounders are we holding onto?

I know we are getting Edwards as a father-son - but is this the draft we want all our picks in? Or do we have some big trades in the pipeline that will eat up our bounty?
Your guess is as good as mine. I think we're in the box seat for Motlop, and I think we'll get at least one of Francis & Gibbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back