List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis' value, similar with Shache is really hard to assess, it's definitely dropped (as most early draft picks do), but how far?

I could potentially see us doing Francis and 29 for 16(or 18 from lions for charlie), or something along those lines.

Thank you.

Pretty sure we're not going to trade Charlie unless Brisbane offers us 12, or we get something better in a threeway, I think they've decided to risk losing him for nothing in order to pursue the premiership again next year, because they don't think they can get anyone who will be better at his role in 2018 right now.

Will Rankine play midfield at AFL level or is he going to be a Cyril Rioli type small forward. He was listed earlier in the year as 175cm 62kg?

Can't recall a small forward ever going Pick 1?

Not doubting at all he's a super talent but history dictates small forwards are unlikely to go at the very top of the draft, that's usually reserved for outstanding midfield or KPP players.
He'll play mid

Rankine is talked up as the #1 so no. I don't mind though as from a personality standpoint I rate Fogarty and lukosius higher.

This is just from looking them up on FB, being a tad judgemental and evaluating them on their pics alone, I see Fogarty as a down to earth bloke and Rankine as a lad and into himself. Based on what's happened lately with the personality of recent departures from our team (danger, lever, CC) I wouldn't want to draft another player who possibly puts himself before the team.
The most talented junior I've seen. Ever. It's just ridiculous what he can do. Long way to go but I think we'll need pick 1 next year. Worth giving Brisbane pick 10 and Charlie for next years first and hope like hell they're garbage again.

Did Damien Barrett actually defend Tex in Sliding doors today? I'm glad someone finally came out and stated it, but where was that defense when you let your daily running partner Terry Wallace bash him on live radio for the exact same comments you called 'Pathetic and embarrassing' today Damien?

In the right system he will fit well. Unless dodo lowers his asking price we wont go there though. Stringer wants to go to essendon, they need a pick..

Don't reckon they need a pick given that they got two 2nds (2017 & 2018) from GWS when they traded 11 for Fritz.

PlayStation Time!

Cameron + 53 → Brisbane = 12 + 42

16 + 42 → Essendon = Francis + 24

10 + 12 + 24 → Carlton = Gibbs + 3

In: Gibbs, Francis, Pick 3, 2018 1st, 2018 4th
Out: Lever, Cameron, Pick 16, Pick 35, Pick 53, 2018 3rd

FA: Motlop (provided we are not spending more than $500k p/a)

Draft: 3 + upgrade Greenwood, Keath

In: Gibbs, Francis, Motlop, Pick 3, Greenwood, Keath
Out: Lever, Cameron, Thompson, Menzel, Gore, Wigg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fair way behind what Rockliff will be getting I would have thought. Regardless of where Motlop ends up.
Kane said $650 is what we offered Media reports are the same for Rocky. If the compensation Geelong get is the same as what the Lions s got, maybe Kane was right

I really hope we don't get him for that salary. Rocky I understand them paying that coin, as he is a good player and consistant. I think he will do well at Port.

Motlop is a punt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back