In his last 9 games of 2017, per game he averaged:

24.2 disposals (8.5 contested)
2.1 clearances
4.2 inside 50's
3.2 rebound 50's
3.4 tackles
4 score involvements
499 meters gained

I'd like to see him get more contested ball as he has the size and strength to take one or two opponents out of the play before dishing off. He also now has a strong tank so can get from contest to contest and be an option on the outside. Time for him to be the player we hope he can be.
I would take that every week, even now, but he still has a gear to go to reach his potential.

As much as we feel he's been around for a while (and a few of us have been a little impatient) he's yet to turn 23. Has played plenty of football early despite an injury or two, which will be huge. He's likely to go up another notch this year, and plenty of mid types don't really hit their straps till 24.

As much as we feel he's been around for a while (and a few of us have been a little impatient) he's yet to turn 23. Has played plenty of football early despite an injury or two, which will be huge. He's likely to go up another notch this year, and plenty of mid types don't really hit their straps till 24.

He's showing the most crucial trait on the way to having an AFL career. The boy is resilient.

Is Lukie Mac known as 'Two Dogs' around the Club or is it just a BigFooty thing? The reason being my son is getting a new home and new away guernsey off Santa. He wants the number 9 and LDU written above on his home guernsey and a number 11 on his away. Should I get 'Two Dogs' written above the 11?

Not many outside North supporters would rate this guy but I love him. Tough as nails and will get better again.

Averaged 21 disposals a game and I would expect that to rise to 25+. What surprised me his he ranked 14th in turnovers per game, he is a very good kick so perhaps he takes the game on when he does have the ball which leads to those turnovers.

Not many outside North supporters would rate this guy but I love him. Tough as nails and will get better again.

Averaged 21 disposals a game and I would expect that to rise to 25+. What surprised me his he ranked 14th in turnovers per game, he is a very good kick so perhaps he takes the game on when he does have the ball which leads to those turnovers.

Plays a lot of shutdown roles and therefore flies under most peoples radars.

I love Luke and Waite so much as they have so much niggle.....and both good footballers.

Watched him break so many tackles last year...will only do that more this with more strength, and more the next. Will be amazing to see what he may become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is true. Maybe a bit of Atley phenomena here too - people have visions of what could be with the leash taken off.

They will both become more dynamic once the midfield leaks are fixed.

Don't disagree, would really like to see Garner playing through there as well!
We've almost gone from a situation of having not enough wingers to too many. Always wanted to get the likes of Atley, Macmillan and McDonald further up the ground, but they were needed down back.

But now with the acquisition of Marley, EVW & Nielson coming through and hopefully Wright coming back, we are pretty well covered down there.

I'd like to see all of Atley, Macmillan, McDonald, Waite, J Williams, Clarke, Hibberd, Ahern, Mountford and Wood playing wing at some stage this year. Too many (although if we have an injury run like the last 2 years, probably not enough).

We've almost gone from a situation of having not enough wingers to too many. Always wanted to get the likes of Atley, Macmillan and McDonald further up the ground, but they were needed down back.

But now with the acquisition of Marley, EVW & Nielson coming through and hopefully Wright coming back, we are pretty well covered down there.

I'd like to see all of Atley, Macmillan, McDonald, Waite, J Williams, Clarke, Hibberd, Ahern, Mountford and Wood playing wing at some stage this year. Too many (although if we have an injury run like the last 2 years, probably not enough).
Get some of the wingers rotating into the forward line and the inside midfield for periods.

If we have enough fit blokes that they generate pressure to hold spots that'd be so freaking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back