Each club's biggest first round draft flops

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully and McLean I reckon are both better than Sylvia. Scully just ****** off and annoyed you guys. Jacks also a good footballer with a horrible history of injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scully and Jack for Melbourne are similar to Richmond selecting Tambling. While these players didn't live up to expectations, there have been worse first rnd selections from their respective clubs. What makes these picks look even worse is because of a player they could have or should have selected ( Buddy in Richmonds case and Dusty in Melbournes case).

A number one draft pick that only plays 31 games for your club is definitely a flop.

Who cares if he's playing good football at GWS, his disposal is still suspect.

Toumpas - taken before Stringer & Wines
Morton - taken before Dangerfield, McEvoy, Henderson
Grimes - Taken before Taylor, Rance, Tarrant
Molan - Unlucky due to injury. Was a gun U/18 KPP.

Injuries is a hard one to judge. You can't be too critical. But Toumpas, Morton and Grimes give me nightmares.

He could really play on the odd occasion he CBF, which is why he played for so long despite being a fat lazy waste of a human being.
I think the horrid culture at Melbourne didn't help, and lack of leadership. If he went to Geelong or Hawthorn for example he might still be playing. You've got to take responsibility for your own actions though, Nathan Jones is a prime example of a less talented player but far more driven and professional.

You've got to tip your hat to him for holding us together for so many bad years. Sylvia could've been the same but he'd rather blow snow and think his life was a 24/7 party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah doubt we'll ever **** up a draft pick nore than Angwin.

Imagine selecting a kleptomaniac at pick 7.

Gave a whole new meaning to the term 'draft steal'

A number one draft pick that only plays 31 games for your club is definitely a flop.

Who cares if he's playing good football at GWS, his disposal is still suspect.
He is an absolute running machine and he is wel hidden in that GWS midfield. Definitely made the right move for his career. I reckon his disposal has got a bit better.

Interesting read but I am not sure that many Freo fans have sleepless nights wondering what could have been if Stanton played for us.

Would have thought James Walker (missing out on Simon Black and Adam Goodes) and maybe Marcus Drum (Shaun Higgins, Shannon Hurn, Travis Varcoe etc.) are equal if not worst nightmares.

2001 Ashley Sampi at pick 6. Played 78 games in 6 years. He had talent but struggled with fitness.

Surely JON?

And beau dowler (also pick 6) would be as bad as thorp for us.
I think Thorp stands out as you clearly wanted a KPP and allegedly the Tassie coached advised you the Reiwoldt was the better of the two options when asked.

Tigers have had too many to fit in one sentence, but JON over Pavlich will take a lot to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back