Official Team Thread The Sin City Swamprats S24 Official Team Thread - Congrats philreich

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no Round 9 against my team and Rats' first win coming up!

I need to go powder up my nose...
Just go see that nice man in the corner and he'll help you out....

upload_2017-12-13_20-24-37.jpeg

ROUND 9

SnmLs0h.png

ROY 0.5 2.6 6.7 10.11 71
SCS 2.2 7.5 17.6 18.6 114

Hands up who is sick of losing? Fortunately, the Roys put up very little resistance, not bothering to kick a first term goal, falling 5 goals behind by the half and then allowing us to run riot with our best quarter for the season. 10 goals put the result beyond doubt, and although we eased up, we still recorded a comfortable win.

I topped the stats sheet with 32 disposals and 7 tackles, and was supported by a vintage performance from Macca19 with 27 touches, and by sportsmaniac89 with 25 and 10 marks. Cloud_ booted four of his 5 goals in our third term blitz, and MaxMinch was dominant in the ruck.

The thread introduced xenxen to us, and we had a lot of fun with the Roys. For the first time, we had four centurions, with myself, ShaunDuggan, Dingster and philreich raising the bat, well supported by sportsmaniac89 who nearly got there as well. It was our highest posting week so far, and 16 players got in amongst the action. ShaunDuggan was awarded the Fatty Lumpkin Medal by the Roys, in a performance harking back to his glory days

VOTES:
Ant Bear 25
sportsmaniac89 19
Macca19 10
MaxMinch ( Cheval ) 8
Cloud_ 6
Power Raid 4
gaskin 2
philreich 1

Next in our series of interviews is a chat I had with our star rookie (so far) GotTheGoodes

97308.jpg

Continuing on with our series of interviews this evening, we now meet a new Swamprat. Please welcome to Sin City a man that some of us already know... GotTheGoodes

GTG, you've been noticed hanging around our changerooms looking for autographs for a while now. What made you decide to take the plunge into the SFA?

I didn't know anyone had seen me to be honest, I wasn't planning on being spotted. Get in & get out was the plan. Oh and ummm yeah, autographs, ahem, that's what I was after.... Anyway, I digress! To answer your question AB, I could see a once strong proud club being belted from pillar to post. It was a bloody tough season that I'm sure I don't need to tell you about. Suffice to say I felt I had something to contribute to help get this club off the mat & back where it belongs. Finals. Premierships. Sponsorship deals. Lifetime recognition of our greatness & legend status.

And money. Lots of money.

Your name has been mentioned in the past as a potential Swampie, going back to during Millky95's reign. Were you ever contacted back then, and if so, what dissuaded you from joining?

I really liked the Milkman. Always a good laugh was had with him... It was a real shame what happened to him wouldn't you agree AB?

He survived. Tougher than a cockroach, that guy.
I have been approached by other posters in the past however have never really had the time to contribute nor the desire to help some of their posters. In this Swampies team I cannot see a poster I dislike #handonheart... And I dislike a lot of people. The time was right for S25 & the mighty Swampies!!

Tell us a little about yourself and your style. Do you expect to be a spammer, or a quality man from the beginning?

Having never Qootballed (am I doing it right?) I don't expect my style to be made too apparent untill well into my first season... never the less, I do like talking. Mostly about crap. So I would suggest a quality crap spammer is what I'll be aiming for. I'm just your run of the mill every day joe who loves a good beer, deep fried foods & sports. I may need to pay Uncle Tony rent at some point next year actually...

Do you have any expectations or preferences regarding where you play? Are you, as Cloud_ claimed very early on, an Isaac Heeney clone (ie a forward flanker who swings through the midfield) or do you take after a Callum Mills?

Whatever Cloud says goes... If he wants me to be like Heens then I'll call my plastic surgeon and make it happen. I do like a bit of biffo though & Millsy does have that aggression I like. At the end of the day I'm a team man first & last. I'll play & do whatever the team needs. I can bring brass knuckles or compliments, whatever is needed I aim to please.

Are you acquainted with Shazza yet?

Potentially. However as it isn't obvious I'll say probably not. And I couldn't remember her name anyway. I though I heard ShazShaz or zzazza or something, anyway...

Hmm, either the itch hasn't kicked in yet, or you're big-noting yourself

Is there a SFA star whom you seek to emulate? (Hint: there is only one correct answer...)
Cloud. My hero. #sackantbear

Wrong.

I hope you're prepared for the rigours of pre-season training. At the Swamprats, we have a very strenuous "iron guts" training regime. One beer, 100 metre sprint. Then 2 beers, 2 x 100 metre sprints; 3 and 3, etc. And so on, until you spew. The record was set by MannumPower in S20, at 22 repetitions. Can you handle the heat?

I bloody love beer!! Could we make them stouts with whiskey chasers?!

The Swamprats are known for producing quality rookies who finish runner-up in the EKA, the SFA rookie's award. What will you do to break the bridesmaid tag, and become our first winner?

Look, I'll be honest. I'm a fairly humble kinda bloke. I'm realistic & have no expectations of grandiosity... Except for the fact that award is pretty much mine already. My sense of entitlement indicates this is so & so I'm just going to go along with it. While I'd like to keep my modesty (so to speak) I will be bitterly dissapointed should I not be among the best SFA rookies in the history of the league. Or at least within the top 500.

Ok, thanks. I hope you're enjoying your evening, and next season you might latch onto a RatPack groupie and not have to bring your mum along. Hi, Mrs GTG.
Screenshot_20171213-205530.jpg Oh her?

Yeah.... my, ummm.... my mum, yeah, ahem, right. Definitely my mum.

(Well she will be giving me a smack later anyway).

Thanks for the night everyone but the triplets are calling .....
e06d765be11fb0b8b75d627025460856.jpg

Well not really, i am just an old fart who has to be up for work in 7 hours and trust me i need plenty of sleep to make me look good again ;)

ROUND 10

MQW34f9.png

(Written by Dingster )

West Coast Wonders 15.16 (106) lost to Sin City Swamprats 18.8 (116)
The Week That Was
The Op with Bruce McAvaney and BT got everyone in the mood.
BT: Boy oh boy wowee! It's the Wonders vs Swamprats at The Colosseum
Bruce: You just feel that it's season on the line for both teams don't you? I mean, the Swamprats had a nightmare start to the season but got their first win last week, it might be the start of something don't you think?
BT: Who knows Bruce, as you said, it was a terrible start for the Rats with Ant Bear walking around like a big NTTAWWTter instead of motivating his team. But how's the form of Cloud_ ? He's the package! He can do anything possible.
Bruce: Oh, he's a delicious young footballer isn't he?
We were distributed with the game plan to take the Wonders down. Fortunately each book had alcohol in the middle of the carved out pages.
423498_cfb55fb3b54f7f012a1f5d738515d890.JPG
Ant Bear had a welcome respite from the incessant leadership attacks as the Wonders leadership group were well and truly on our radar. The charge - failure to support one of their own rookies.
Maxi proved to be a role model to young xenxen and they forged quite the bond.
423562_1e9adb7835eede03f4a211529d57ee82.gif

Indeed Maxi had some candid advice for nahnah.....
Yeah nah, I think you're a handsome young man.
Meanwhile, I'm a nasty old bitch....
ShaunDuggan had a cure for their short term memory loss...
424145_9be414a4b1f7726698f50b1ed2961b7b.jpg
Late in the week we learnt of the passing of one of our favourite sons - drazah. In a short time he had made a sizable impact sharing with us some of his RL story and was just a ripper bloke.
Game Time
Xengate and
#doitfordrazah had the Swampies all fired up and gaskin got mobbed after kicking a 200 metre torp to kick our first. It proved to be an exciting first quarter with 11 goals. the second quarter was goal for goal and at half time we were all tied up.....a position we enjoy.
The third quarter continued the trend and the Wonders went into the last with a 7 points lead.
However the last quarter was a thing of beauty. The karma god and an angel in the sky said YES to the Swampies and we won the tug of war for an emotional win.
Our captain said it best post game...
I have shed a quiet tear. We have the angel on our shoulder now, Swamprats.
Thanks for the week, Wonders. It has been a long, interesting, tragic affair, but you gave it your best shot.
Swampies, we have pulled together and supported each other over the past few days better than I could have hoped after the shocking news on Friday. We will forever be bonded by this week. Love youse all.
After a tough week, kudos to the Wonders for showing their class post game. Cheers fellas.
What was most fitting was draz having the final say with the game on the line..
4 : 23.53 {CHF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr takes off.
4 : 23.57 {FF} - That's a real finger-breaker in the direction of dogs105.
4 : 24.01 {FF} - dogs105 is outmarked by drazah.
4 : 24.06 {FB} - The ball is now with drazah.
gaskin was BOG with 26 and 2 goals but this was definitely one of those ole fashioned "team effort" performances.
Between the Posts
ShaunDuggan lead the way cracking the ton. AB, Sporty, Ding, philreich and Grav all topped 50.

VOTES:
gaskin 23
Ant Bear 19
MaxMinch (Cheval ) 14
philreich 8
drazah 8
bergholt 1
Butler 1
Fizzler 1

Formerly know as MaxMinch, Cheval took over rucking duties from Butler after round 7, and amassed 103 hitouts for the season.
Wait. Cheval is MaxMinch? MaxMinch is Cheval? Then who the hell is that creeping up behind you. BEHIND YOU!!! :eek:

Congrats Cheval

Thanks for the night everyone but the triplets are calling .....

Well not really, i am just an old fart who has to be up for work in 7 hours and trust me i need plenty of sleep to make me look good again ;)
Spoiler alert: you didn't win...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for my lateness Rats and Rattettes, I've put on a new cleaner at Abdu Prison and I was just checking out her... umm.. work.

View attachment 444692
She looks like she is doing a terrible job. I have some free time. I'll keep an eye on her if you like.

While we're waiting, here is the leaderboard after round 10

upload_2017-12-13_21-10-9.png

philreich clearing out to a healthy lead. Can anyone catch him?​

Hey guys, I'm presenting this award on behalf of Grav who unfortunately is retiring and couldn't make it tonight. I just wanted to quickly say that you've been absolutely amazing in your short time here. Your banter is always top quality with great comedic timing and you do a brilliant job with pictures and gifs, the thought you put into your posting is a breath of fresh air over the past couple of seasons and I hope that some day you'll find your way back here.

Anyway, the Macca Medal is the Swamprats posting contribution award named after Macca19 the Swamprats games record holder. This season we've had a wealth of great contributors in both match threads and around the league and you should all be very proud of yourselves.

From Grav:
==================================================
Wow! What a season and what an incredible amount of posters.

We had the Bash Brothers, we had spam,

We had memes, funny pictures and gifs.

Posts full of quality, some intelligence and a lot of banter,

then we had the quantity including all the likes.

We farewelled Gray Day, never to be seen on BF again.

Then sadly we said goodbye to drazah a favourite son, who passed away.

Hope your now at peace mate, we still think of you every day.

RIP

Back to the more pressing moment on choosing the S24 Macca Medal,

with so many top posters, this years selection committee had to decide by using a different system and have come up with this years winner in................
j4uy2pr.jpg

===================================================

That's all we've got for the Macca Medal for this season. Usually this is the part where we heap praise upon the winner but I really don't feel like doing that because I have to do it for Ant Bear every Best and Fairest. Also, I've already given him a blowjob in the MVP writeups so since we've got a bit of time I suppose I'll just go off-script and roast Ant Bear for a bit, that's always fun.

Once again a warm welcome to ant555 and GotTheGoodes. Since you both will have the 'pleasure' next season of playing under the Ant Bear captaincy I'll give you some pro tips. First thing you need to be prepared for is to put up with constant posts about how great Nickelback is, AB is one of the biggest Nickelback fans you'll see, probably the only one in the league. You'll also need to become fond of dabbing because he's a dabber as well. This is not some kind of running joke, he's admitted to owning two Nickelback albums and we have photographic evidence of him dabbing which also tells us he has a rapidly receding hairline. Also, another hint. Don't hold out any hopes of playing ruck-rover any time soon, I once convinced Millky95 to move me to Ant Bear's favourite position at his expense and he was not happy at all about playing at CHB :D. We still think that was the beginning of Millky's downfall really. Don't give him reasons to talk about the Season 22 Mobbs Medal, he polled 28 votes that night and won, and I've heard about it 28 times a week ever since. And finally, put him on ignore in his milestone games. Check this season's Las Vegas Bear match thread and you'll thank me for it.

Thanks for the fantastic season all, I love you all and stay safe over the holidays. :hearts:

ROUND 11

K6qmiWb.png

(Written by Grav )

Sin City Swamprats : 16.13.109
Baghdad Bombers : 18.5.113

Wow what a week of highs & lows, unfortunately we laid to rest our favourite son drazah . Being true Swamprats though we came out fighting the only way drazah knew, the bash brothers ShaunDuggan & sportsmaniac89 attacked from the start, then we spammed, bit & clawed our way throughout the thread which turned into 75 long pages.

The game itself turned out to be a cliffhanger, with last years premiers hitting the lead with the last kick of the game.

Mentions must go Cloud_ 5 goals and *Gray Day 4 goals - both tried their hardest to get us over the line, sportsmaniac89 42 touches,25 of them handballs (125DT),a return to form of Grav (106 DT) but I think special mention must go to Max Minch/ Cheval (100 Dt) going head to head with KohPhi.
Maxie more than matched him for hit outs, but absolutely gave him a bath around the ground.(not that he would be complaining about that)

For that reason, my votes are,
MaxMinch 4.5
@Sportsmaniac 4.5
drazah 3 (played well in the spirit of the game)
Grav 2 (does a little dance)
Gray Day 1 (because he deserved one last vote)

Incidentally this was also * Gray Days last game for the Swamprats and for any other side for that matter.
He was not chaired off the ground, he did not receive the accolades from the crowd & he did not even get to do a lap of the oval in an open top sports car.
Definitely the Clayton’s send off, the one your having when your not having one. Oh well! s**t happens.

VOTES:
sportsmaniac89 24.5
MaxMinch ( Cheval ) 17.5
Grav 15
Cloud_ 10
drazah 4
Ant Bear 3
Gray Day 1

Hey guys, I'm presenting this award on behalf of Grav who unfortunately is retiring and couldn't make it tonight. I just wanted to quickly say that you've been absolutely amazing in your short time here. Your banter is always top quality with great comedic timing and you do a brilliant job with pictures and gifs, the thought you put into your posting is a breath of fresh air over the past couple of seasons and I hope that some day you'll find your way back here.

Anyway, the Macca Medal is the Swamprats posting contribution award named after Macca19 the Swamprats games record holder. This season we've had a wealth of great contributors in both match threads and around the league and you should all be very proud of yourselves.

From Grav:
==================================================
Wow! What a season and what an incredible amount of posters.

We had the Bash Brothers, we had spam,

We had memes, funny pictures and gifs.

Posts full of quality, some intelligence and a lot of banter,

then we had the quantity including all the likes.

We farewelled Gray Day, never to be seen on BF again.

Then sadly we said goodbye to drazah a favourite son, who passed away.

Hope your now at peace mate, we still think of you every day.

RIP

Back to the more pressing moment on choosing the S24 Macca Medal,

with so many top posters, this years selection committee had to decide by using a different system and have come up with this years winner in................
j4uy2pr.jpg

===================================================

That's all we've got for the Macca Medal for this season. Usually this is the part where we heap praise upon the winner but I really don't feel like doing that because I have to do it for Ant Bear every Best and Fairest. Also, I've already given him a blowjob in the MVP writeups so since we've got a bit of time I suppose I'll just go off-script and roast Ant Bear for a bit, that's always fun.

Once again a warm welcome to ant555 and GotTheGoodes. Since you both will have the 'pleasure' next season of playing under the Ant Bear captaincy I'll give you some pro tips. First thing you need to be prepared for is to put up with constant posts about how great Nickelback is, AB is one of the biggest Nickelback fans you'll see, probably the only one in the league. You'll also need to become fond of dabbing because he's a dabber as well. This is not some kind of running joke, he's admitted to owning two Nickelback albums and we have photographic evidence of him dabbing which also tells us he has a rapidly receding hairline. Also, another hint. Don't hold out any hopes of playing ruck-rover any time soon, I once convinced Millky95 to move me to Ant Bear's favourite position at his expense and he was not happy at all about playing at CHB :D. We still think that was the beginning of Millky's downfall really. Don't give him reasons to talk about the Season 22 Mobbs Medal, he polled 28 votes that night and won, and I've heard about it 28 times a week ever since. And finally, put him on ignore in his milestone games. Check this season's Las Vegas Bear match thread and you'll thank me for it.

Thanks for the fantastic season all, I love you all and stay safe over the holidays. :hearts:
Aww! Love youse guys and girls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back