Jenkins v Dixon...who really cares? Some people clearly do

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ isn't soft, he plays like a basketballer.
Josh plays a half court game like a centre. He leads to the top of the arc and then cuts back to the basket receiving the pass and getting the basket.
I love watching his game, AFC have utilised who he is as a athlete which makes him a assett, instead of trying to make him someone he's not.
I can see how people get frustrated at him in certain aspects of his game, it's not natural to view for a football purist, but hell its exciting to watch when it's all going to plan.
Betcha, well I guarantee ya. JJ goes ok when we flog a team. When we’re under the pump he goes to water.
Not really what you want in finals.

Betcha, well I guarantee ya. JJ goes ok when we flog a team. When we’re under the pump he goes to water.
Not really what you want in finals.
You sound very certain. Personally I always make sure there'sanother door to open before I close the one behind me.

You sound very certain. Personally I always make sure there'sanother door to open before I close the one behind me.
Would you mind explaining your post to me? Because I read your post as " JJ goes well when the team is playing well, but not good when the team is playing badly". Is that correct?
Or are you saying that the team is going well when JJ is playing well, but not so well if JJ is playing badly?:huh::D

Wait a minute.. I think I get it now. What you're saying is that when the team is under the pump, one cannot rely on JJ to bring the team out of it.
:thumbsu::rainbow:
Quoted wrong poster. Meant to quote Misty. Sorry Bender.:$

Anyone think former Port Adelaide key forward Jackson Trengrove is soft? Not really, in fact he has no issues putting his body on the line but he is horribly unskilled.

I'm picking the soft but skilled and athletic Jenkins over the hardman Trengove.

Anyone think former Port Adelaide key forward Jackson Trengrove is soft? Not really, in fact he has no issues putting his body on the line but he is horribly unskilled.

I'm picking the soft but skilled and athletic Jenkins over the hardman Trengove.
What a stupid post, let’s compare Jenkins to an average footballer to try and prove your point.

Well you compare him to a different type of forward to prove your point.

Trengove didn’t play as a forward? No
He played up forward because Port had no forwards. He ain’t a forward and has played the majority of his career as a backman.

And for the 100th time, Jenkins plays differently to others KPFs despite having the size because he is incapable of playing the KPF role. He plays as a soft seagull because he doesn’t have it in him. Stop making excuses for him.

Put Dixon in his place and our forward line is much stronger.

He played up forward because Port had no forwards. He ain’t a forward and has played the majority of his career as a backman.

And for the 100th time, Jenkins plays differently to others KPFs despite having the size because he is incapable of playing the KPF role. He plays as a soft seagull because he doesn’t have it in him. Stop making excuses for him.

Put Dixon in his place and our forward line is much stronger.

Stop being so insulting. No AFL player is soft and no AFL player is weak or scared and I don’t think he needs me or anyone else to make excuses for him.

Would you mind explaining your post to me? Because I read your post as " JJ goes well when the team is playing well, but not good when the team is playing badly". Is that correct?
Or are you saying that the team is going well when JJ is playing well, but not so well if JJ is playing badly?:huh::D

Wait a minute.. I think I get it now. What you're saying is that when the team is under the pump, one cannot rely on JJ to bring the team out of it.
:thumbsu::rainbow:
Quoted wrong poster. Meant to quote Misty. Sorry Bender.:$

This. Except not when we’re playing badly, more if it’s a tough game.

Stop being so insulting. No AFL player is soft and no AFL player is weak or scared and I don’t think he needs me or anyone else to make excuses for him.

Well that’s just plain silly.
Ol’ Hendo used to s**t me to tears with his “watching the scary player” get the ball routine. Then he plays a blinder against us. I’m sure that game was an illusion.
Plenty of players are reluctant to go hard in comparison to a Rory Laird type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the "fantastic" thing again, right? You reckon Charlie Dixon was fantastic because he polled well in his club's BnF.

I reckon measured against other KPFs he was not fantastic. He was decent. Up there in the second tier of KPFs but that doesn't count as fantastic in my book.

If you want to debate the data I'm happy to. If you're going to pull the moody ad hominem s**t save it for someone else.

You ought to look at who the only losers are that agree with you ;)

I’m saying I don’t believe you watched Dixon or any of the other players you think had fantastic seasons. I’m thinking you’re pulling it from you ass

You say Ben Brown (am huge fan), Josh Kennedy & Buddy has fantastic seasons and Dixon didn’t; do you know what that really says?

That you haven’t really followed any of the 4 players.

I’m sorry, but it’s not 1986 where you could try to pretend to be knowledgeable by just looking at goals kicked. Because that’s the only way to think Brown, Kennedy & Buddy had great seasons and Dixon didn’t.

And the only thing more stupid than that? Thinking JJ is in the conversation with any of them ;)

I know you hate statistics because they kill your nonsense.

50 goals a season bitches!

Don’t care how soft they are.

The strange thing is you seem to deny they are of any value at all. If you think JJ is of no value then by default you think 50 goals a season is of no value, yet you are Mr. Football knowledge? Spin it how you like.

And yes, you might catch up eventually.:)

Man, that’s dumb even for you.

I hope it’s only PE you teach

This thread serves one purpose, which is to identify the people who genuinely think the singular measure of a forward is the number of goals they kick.

It is an idiot magnet.

It’s not just any old idiot magnet, it is the gold standard of idiot magnets

Goals are still worth 6 points!
Kick it!
Man up!
Tackle him!
Ball!

Most people have more dignity these days :p

Just curious are you going to keep on with the Best and Fairest ratings.
After all
2017. Polled votes in 18 out of 21 games played, For a total of 146 points. 1 game he was injured in the first couple of minutes. missed 4 games. 3 due to injury 1 due to being Dropped. Basically, he missed 5 full games.
Top ten in 9 games, polled 10 points plus in 9 games,
2016 top 10 B&F played all games.
2015 miss 2 games not top 10
2014 top 10, play all games
2013 missed 5 games injured
2012 1st year only played 9 games.

But I guess that is seagull material.
Personally not great but not as bad as you make him out to be.
Guess we will visit this thread at the end of the year to see.

That doesn’t even make sense

Just curious are you going to keep on with the Best and Fairest ratings.
After all
2017. Polled votes in 18 out of 21 games played, For a total of 146 points. 1 game he was injured in the first couple of minutes. missed 4 games. 3 due to injury 1 due to being Dropped. Basically, he missed 5 full games.
Top ten in 9 games, polled 10 points plus in 9 games,
2016 top 10 B&F played all games.
2015 miss 2 games not top 10
2014 top 10, play all games
2013 missed 5 games injured
2012 1st year only played 9 games.

But I guess that is seagull material.
Personally not great but not as bad as you make him out to be.
Guess we will visit this thread at the end of the year to see.

Most of the time what you wrote is illegible, and if there were an interesting point in there it would be hard to know

Have you tried: https://www.grammarly.com/proofreading

It might help with some of your issues

Port have a different set up than us. Dixon is thier key forwards that they structure around

We play an NFL offense style forward structure

Dixon can play. Will push for Coleman next year will win them big games

Just stop already. It was obvious from your first ever post you’re a Port troll. Go away Janus.

Well that’s just plain silly.
Ol’ Hendo used to s**t me to tears with his “watching the scary player” get the ball routine. Then he plays a blinder against us. I’m sure that game was an illusion.
Plenty of players are reluctant to go hard in comparison to a Rory Laird type.

Oh please.

It’s not just any old idiot magnet, it is the gold standard of idiot magnets

Goals are still worth 6 Points.
Something you seem to deny when they’re kicked by softy Jenkins.:p

As for the rest of your post, I think that’s what you must yell at the TV, like the guy who sits behind me at the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back