News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is done unfortunately. His offences since he has been at Freo are pretty minor really but he keeps doing it. Puting himself in a position where it can happen constantly. The club is on a big transition and have picked up, over the past couple of years, a good solid bunch of young guys who are our next chance to get to a Grand Final. They just can't tolerate this anymore because they are trying to create the right culture to get there and this constant distraction is going against everything they are trying to instill in this young group. I think it's an absolute shame but he has taken it to the tipping point and I would be surprised if he isn't cut loose.

I think he is done unfortunately. His offences since he has been at Freo are pretty minor really but he keeps doing it. Puting himself in a position where it can happen constantly. The club is on a big transition and have picked up, over the past couple of years, a good solid bunch of young guys who are our next chance to get to a Grand Final. They just can't tolerate this anymore because they are trying to create the right culture to get there and this constant distraction is going against everything they are trying to instill in this young group. I think it's an absolute shame but he has taken it to the tipping point and I would be surprised if he isn't cut loose.

I think he will be sent to Peel until he proves he is worthy to train with Freo again. If he stuffs up again then cut him from our list.

Imagine how the bloke will feel the moment he runs out of money and has to take some regular entry level job on $20 an hour.
Yup. If he gets the sack he's going to reeeeeeally go off the rails.

I was so excited when we grabbed this bloke. Just a freak talent. I'll be absolutely gutted if he gets cut and we haven't seen what he can really do.

Having said that, his time is about up.

They may have had permission up until the return. Last drinks.
i think you could be on the right track here, bunch of freo guys at the left back late Saturday with Barlow enjoying themselves. wouldnt have thought it was an early night.
if harley hadn't been kicked out for whatever, would have fronted monday and no one would know the difference.

Anyone sticking up for Bennell pull your head out of the sand.
Fremantle today has to draw a line in the sand - This kid has been trouble since he has walked through the doors and has been afforded chances everyone of us could dream of and has repayed nothing - not one red cent . We have undertook the biggest list flip in our clubs history and we today have our youngest list in that 24 years. Today the club must end Bennells career to send a message to those kids . The Club Culture will be absolutely destroyed if we give him another chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think you could be on the right track here, bunch of freo guys at the left back late Saturday with Barlow enjoying themselves. wouldnt have thought it was an early night.
if harley hadn't been kicked out for whatever, would have fronted monday and no one would know the difference.
I can understand going out Saturday night/Sunday morning but being out Sunday night/Monday morning to front training on Monday is totally unprofessional when you have training in nine hours.

Meh I’ve mellowed over night.
Put him on his final warning. One mis-step, one missed rehab, any alcohol or bull shit before the end of the season and he’s terminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaning this way too. We're stuck with him on the list for this year either way, so we might as well see if we can extract any value out of him.

I think he will be sent to Peel until he proves he is worthy to train with Freo again. If he stuffs up again then cut him from our list.

Why would they do that to Peel? I doubt they'd want him. If our medical staff can only get him to 2 games in 2 years how are Peel going to go.

Shitty timing in terms of the club’s PR. Kinda like lasts years Yarren/ MJ issues. Deflates the supporters at the time we should be hyping.

Anyone sticking up for Bennell pull your head out of the sand.
Fremantle today has to draw a line in the sand - This kid has been trouble since he has walked through the doors and has been afforded chances everyone of us could dream of and has repayed nothing - not one red cent . We have undertook the biggest list flip in our clubs history and we today have our youngest list in that 24 years. Today the club must end Bennells career to send a message to those kids . The Club Culture will be absolutely destroyed if we give him another chance
I bet Richmond are glad they didn't follow this advice in 2015 with Martin after the chopstick incident.

I'm more interested to know if Bennell's calf is actually working.

Depending how much truth behind the MIA the West Australian are running with, then a spell at Peel until round six. Requirement to present to be assessed by club doctor/ physio regularly each week to monitor his calf but no training with the team. Trains at Peel.

The good out of this is that Harley is out of contract and if he wants another year in the AFL then he needs to be incident free for the remainder of the year, show independent professionalism and desire to train/play hard and get back into the AFL for another 1-year extension. Anything less and he is gone either immediately with further stuff ups or at the end of the season if not back playing and providing valuable contribution to the FFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back