Game Day Preseason Game 1 vs Harley Reid & Mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading this right.. people are suggesting that Brennan Cox is not in our best 23!!!
Our best intercept marker, the type of player every team needs, other than us that is.
Am I right? please tell me I am not right.
Quite the opposite is what I’ve read. Most saying how much Cox was missed. I’m saying that most agree after a bit of a shaky start McDonald settled well and did well before being rested. He is a good back-up.

I feel we have lost nothing with Hamling out and McDonald in. As far as Cox goes - one of our most important players and I agree he was missed yesterday but the defence held up quite well.

Am I reading this right.. people are suggesting that Brennan Cox is not in our best 23!!!
Our best intercept marker, the type of player every team needs, other than us that is.
Am I right? please tell me I am not right.
No, you are not, people are just saying with McDonald we aren’t completely bereft of KPD if Cox or Pearce are injured, he’s better depth than Hamling and gives us a couple of years to develop Draper, Davies and Murphy to replace Pearce when he buggers off to be inaugural captain of Tas team.

Its amazing how many toast supporters i know that just expect them to beat Freo at any oppurtunity .They seem to have no understanding of where their at and how they got there.And they think its god given that West coast will always be better than Freo.So many fair weather supporters that wont stomach a proper rebuild
I mean I can see what you saying but what were these same people thinking during 2006 to 2015, fully ten seasons, in which WC won 5 out of 20 Derbies?

Seems like they are moving Stanley to a HBF role which I think is a good move because I think the tank might always hold him back from the wing and the game come to you a bit more on the flank.

I’m still massive on this kid and will be very keen to watch him build at Peel. Along with a few others, was clearly above the level of whatever that mini match was.

Seems like they are moving Stanley to a HBF role which I think is a good move because I think the tank might always hold him back from the wing and the game come to you a bit more on the flank.

I’m still massive on this kid and will be very keen to watch him build at Peel. Along with a few others, was clearly above the level of whatever that mini match was.
He can build his tank. He only came into semi professional environment at Box Hill the same year we drafted him. Prior to that playing scrubber Amateur leagues. Another pre-season or two and expect his tank and running patterns to improve. He is essentially part of the 2022 national draft crop. So along with Hugh Davies, big Knobel and Draper are a good developing crop of youngsters. Emmett mature age and an astute selection.

I agree moving to HBF will round off his game. Still saw him on the Wing at times. Also Worner played a bit of Wing. Both those two are good HBF/Wing options - just more development required.

I'm being a bit cautious at the moment. While it is exhilarating to beat the Eagles anywhere anytime etc I've got to look at yesterday's match and really, I've started thinking that maybe we're not as good as one might think. When I look at the senior players the others were missing ( and yes I know that they need to get on and stay on the park) and the fact that we ran over them in the last half with eight fresh players coming on is not a real thing in our favour. Maybe, just maybe we're not quite as good as we think that we are and maybe, just maybe they're not quite as bad as they seem.
Next week will answer a lot of questions for both the Perth based teams.

I see the Weavils social media team are running with “While Fremantle somehow managed to finish ahead, they did pull 8 fresh new players from their inexhaustible supply of talent at halftime while our brave soldiers didn’t even get a chance to have a wee or phone their mums.”

As if they really wanted Nat Fyfe to hang around for another half to monster their hacks.

I see the Weavils social media team are running with “While Fremantle somehow managed to finish ahead, they did pull 8 fresh new players from their inexhaustible supply of talent at halftime while our brave soldiers didn’t even get a chance to have a wee or phone their mums.”

As if they really wanted Nat Fyfe to hang around for another half to monster their hacks.

Plead my ignorance.

If both teams start with teams of 40, rotate all the players over the course of the 4 quarters.

Burn your players out (not rotate), is not an excuse for the other team rotating.

Yes, there’s a lot of delusional morons on the Buzzard’s board who think that we only won the game through cheating, as we used 36 players to their 24, meaning that we got to swap 8 players for the second half which meant that we ran the game out better.

Did Knobel play in this preseason game and if so how did he go?

Also did Treacy ruck at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Knobel play in this preseason game and if so how did he go?

Also did Treacy ruck at all?

I didn't see Treacy rucking at all. Just Jackson and mostly Darcy for the main hit out. There was some lanky left footer that did some ruckwork towards the end against other no names. Can't remember if it was Knobel or Reidy (or both), but nothing much to really note except that they were tall and slow/cumbersome. Odin Jones played towards the end, but purely as a forward and I doubt he is a ruck option.

Yeah I think they honestly believe we bought on 8 fresh players to try and win, rather than what actually happened which was we put 8 players on ice because let's face it, while it's a light hearted end to the preseason and good for a few laughs, you don't get anything out of a scratch match against a team as rubbish as wet toast, not to mention their "depth"

Yeah I think they honestly believe we bought on 8 fresh players to try and win, rather than what actually happened which was we put 8 players on ice because let's face it, while it's a light hearted end to the preseason and good for a few laughs, you don't get anything out of a scratch match against a team as rubbish as wet toast, not to mention their "depth"
Spot on, it had nothing to do with trying to win, we wanted to try out our “B” team inside mids as well in the second half. Not our fault they only had 26 players to choose from.

Not our fault they only had 26 players to choose from.

Zigackly!

******* hacks want to blame us for addressing our strength and conditioning issues when they should be dusting off the 2006 memorial coke mirror and taking a good hard look at themselves.

Anyway, I was super pleased to see Bailey Banfield and Pale Ale Simpson take Harley Reid's litle fend-off arm, tie it around him like a pissed baker's pretzel and rip him to the ground.

And then Pale Ale dobs it from fifty.

As it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be.

The result doesn’t matter, all about how the teams played.

Will be keen to see how many improvements the coaches can implement going into the Port game.

Also hope they go to the r1 team, time to focus on chemistry. Maybe 2-3 more for any 50/50 selections.

Want to see more run n carry out of the backline against Port. Jordan Clark still isn’t playing to his high potential. Wagner seems Peel bound to start the season. Walker is easing into it and will start at Peel.

Lots of pressure on Clark to inject speed coming out. Need more of it.

Rotations were pre planned.

It would've been pretty pointless seeing Erasmus, Brodie and one of two others that aren't best 22 play against second string West Coast tbh.

Ideally West Coast would've had a few more available for the second game. Whilst they played some minutes in the first game, some like Walker and Wagner looked too good for the second game tbh. Even Taberner didn't look too challenged in the air and wouldn't have got much out of it.

It would've been pretty pointless seeing Erasmus, Brodie and one of two others that aren't best 22 play against second string West Coast tbh.

Ideally West Coast would've had a few more available for the second game. Whilst they played some minutes in the first game, some like Walker and Wagner looked too good for the second game tbh. Even Taberner didn't look too challenged in the air and wouldn't have got much out of it.
Taberner seemed challenged with everything tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back