Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gets the gig this week?

Banfield V Simpson V Sturt

for Freddys role

I think I'd pick Simpson as Sturt isn't ready IMO
I think they'll be room for one or two extras in the squad.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the club go with Sturt and Simpson with one playing 2-3 quarters and the other playing the rest.

I'd like to see Walker and Wagner involved as well which probably means both have to split their minutes.

I think they'll be room for one or two extras in the squad.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the club go with Sturt and Simpson with one playing 2-3 quarters and the other playing the rest.

I'd like to see Walker and Wagner involved as well which probably means both have to split their minutes.
Looks like its 26 a side, so you're probably right

Looks like its 26 a side, so you're probably right
And you'd imagine anyone they bother taking to South Australia will be getting minutes.

FWIW:

Hughes McDonald Ryan
Clark Pearce Aish
Johnson Brayshaw NOD
Emmett Treacy Switta
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Young Seeing

Walker, Wagner, Fyfe, JOM, Erasmus, Sharp, Sturt, Simpson.

Think Brodie will also be very close and wouldn't be entirely surprised if Worner or Draper made the cut.

Best guess at the 26
Ryan Pearce Hughes
Clark McDonald Aish
Sharp Brayshaw Johnson
Sturt Jackson Emmett
Walters Amiss Treacy

Darcy Serong Young

Fyfe, JOM, Switta, Simpson, Walker, Noddy, Erasmus, Draper
Decent squad, should by rights win by 12-14 goals.

From all reports Simpson showed enough to be on the plane. The game vs Port is a great opportunity to give him some further game time.

Brodie ahead of Draper for me, is Switta good to go, or still managed?
Hard to get legs into the mids with that many players running through there but I'm ok with it if they go that way even if I'd like to see Draper rewarded. I will be very disappointed if Simpson isnt given a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be Treacy as fwd/ruck I Imagine. Will be interesting to see if they give a game to Tabs or Voss
Tabs needs four or five runs to derust - if he gets them, we get to see if he then is good enough to keep or not. (If he doesnt get them early, honestly think he is gone, just depth from then on.)

Voss deserves the run though - to go from no bash to emmet treacy voss and simpson in the forward line is pretty cool in such a short time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back