Game Day Preseason Game 1 vs Harley Reid & Mates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm looking forward to the part where Harley takes a Hotdog and can of coke and feeds the entire stadium with it.

In the football bit I'm looking forward to seeing Davis, Draper (assuming we're going to give everyone at least a run) and MCDonald in action. See if we have any decent defenders in the wings.

In the middle it would be nice to see some cohesion with Fyfe, Young and the incumbents Brayshaw and Serong plus cameos from Johnson and Erasmus.

It would be encouraging to see Sharp playing his role and in the classic wing role and someone on the other wing who at least contributes. I'm a bit worried NOD may have been a mirage.

Treacy and Amiss obviously, some signs Sturt is progressing and winning more ball but most of all I'm looking forward to seeing Cooper Simpson go at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see how different versions of our midfield can look, and get that chemistry.

The forward line will also be interesting but our defence is looking a little vulnerable early in the season, so we'll really need the midfield firing.

I don’t give two *s it’s a practice game..let’s win by a truck load and shut up the west. Also give Reid a welcome to footy..if you know what I mean.

Should be winning by 60 plus.

If we can't move the ball with speed and purpose off half back against the defensive wasteland that is the filth, we're in for a long year. I'm not fussed if we don't see anything else, but if we've got no system to move it fast out of the backline against them....

I'd like to see greater connectivity between mids and forwards. I would like to see that particular cliche manifest in the form of a complete annihilation of the Weavils. Like, a rout. A dragging. A pullthrough with a Christmas tree. The beginning of the end. An embarrassment that stains like sickness. Metaphorical death. A pulling down of the shutters. A sewing up of the corpse-to-be. A thing that gets talked about for as long as people play our Great Game. "Do you remember when?" people will say. And people will respond with slow headshakes or nervous laughter. "Yair, geeze, ******* hell."

Also I'd like to see Cooper Simpson dob a couple from outside fifty. Off a step.

As JL said, I want to see them being decisive and I want to see them moving it through the middle as much as humanely possible. Would like to see the midfield comfortably win clearances as well, the rest is immaterial

Jackson Treacy Sturt
Emmett Amiss Walters
Can we stop being silly here?

There is zero chance that Frederick who's scored 30-ish goals from a HFF isn't in our best six forwards.

At this stage everyone there apart from Amiss and Walters scoring that much in a season is fantasy. Outside of Jackson their roles should mean they score more goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back