Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't explain your point, save me the time.
I could provide you with a thousand examples and explain it many times over, and you'd still revert to type. That's why I said.

You’re a prime example of this phenomenon

You'll spend the rest of your life wondering why the world doesn't work the way you want it to, aching for a revolutionary utopia that never comes.

Where was the hypocrisy in that?

And that will go around in circles, you got another?
What do you mean hypocrisy? We were talking about the far left's tendency to throw up huge barriers to any non-accepted point of view, mischaracterise the person trying to share that view and to argue along extremes in order to segregate anyone not far left enough to be deemed part of the in-group. If you take a look at the content of the Google law suit, you can see that consistently occurring by Google employees in response to Damore's paper, as well as other issues.

Again, I'll emphasise that the phenomenon isn't just the territory of the left, but it seems to me like it has a particular venom to it when it comes from that direction. I think it's to do with the claims to higher morality that are usually associated with the topics involved.

What do you mean hypocrisy? We were talking about the far left's tendency to throw up huge barriers to any non-accepted point of view, mischaracterise the person trying to share that view and to argue along extremes in order to segregate anyone not far left enough to be deemed part of the in-group. If you take a look at the content of the Google law suit, you can see that consistently occurring by Google employees in response to Damore's paper, as well as other issues.

Again, I'll emphasise that the phenomenon isn't just the territory of the left, but it seems to me like it has a particular venom to it when it comes from that direction. I think it's to do with the claims to higher morality that are usually associated with the topics involved.
He was arguing women were biologically inferior and unsuited to certain roles.

His lawsuit seems fanciful. Will be keen to see it play out.

And he was sacked by a profit centric corporation.

I could provide you with a thousand examples and explain it many times over, and you'd still revert to type. That's why I said.

You'll spend the rest of your life wondering why the world doesn't work the way you want it to, aching for a revolutionary utopia that never comes.

No you can't.

You're just a bitter and twisted racist whose dead keen to piss and moan why everyone is against him.

No you can't.

You're just a bitter and twisted racist whose dead keen to piss and moan why everyone is against him.
In bold is amusing. This is very much pot calling the kettle black.

You fail to understand why racism or sexism or other kinds of bigotry are wrong. It's not because there are no differences between the sexes or races - it's because an individual shouldn't judge or persecute people based on in-born attributes they have no control over, and group differences they may not exhibit themselves.

If women in general tend to be less interested in technical subjects, that's fine. That doesn't mean you should assume all women are not interested in tech.

The problem with your anti-bigotry philosophy is that it implicitly assumes that if those differences did exist among group populations, then it would be correct to discriminate against them en masse.

On Damore - the science on these issues is rapidly evolving, and it is increasingly showing that there are enormous differences between the sexes, and these differences are rooted in biology.

The argument that they aren't fails to stand up, and is extremely tendentious in nature. I imagine the next opposition to evolution will come from the left, under the auspices of a return to Lysenkoism.

If you really think that, this is another example of what I'm talking about.

So, what does he mean here then:

Note, I'm not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are "just." I'm simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don't see equal representation of women in tech and leadership

Note, I'm not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are "just." I'm simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don't see equal representation of women in tech and leadership
That women and men have different interests and abilities and this is biological in nature.

How is this contentious?

He means exactly what he wrote - there are fewer women in the tech field due to more men wanting to be in it which is explained by biological differences.

Now, whether that is empirically and scientifically correct is another matter, but effectively irrelevant to this conversation. What part of that statement is misogynistic or says that women are inferior?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He means exactly what he wrote - there are fewer women in the tech field due to more men wanting to be in it which is explained by biological differences.

Now, whether that is empirically and scientifically correct is another matter, but effectively irrelevant to this conversation. What part of that statement is misogynistic or says that women are inferior?
"and abilities".

Just on this...

Why is it that you can hold left-wing views on pretty much every issue, but if you go against the grain on Islam and/or feminism, the left doesn't want you anymore. You're right wing whether you consider yourself so or not.

You can be a rich, exploitative, capitalist campaigner who looks down on the working class, but as long as you make all the right noises about Islam and feminism, that's fine, you're on the team. You can believe in the subjugation of women in the name of your religion, and as long it's Islam and not Christianity or Judaism, no problem, you're on the team. It's madness.
They're tolerant and progressive. Until you step slightly out of the line they wish you to tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back