Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarsour is a fraud and a great example of the idiocy of intersectional feminism.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nda-sarsour-grope-complaint-article-1.3714622

Assemblyman Dov Hikind is calling for a probe over allegations that Muslim activist and Women’s March organizer Linda Sarsour ignored sexual assault complaints at her Brooklyn office.

Asmi Fathelbab, 37, said she was sexually harassed and groped in 2009 by a man who lived in the same building as the Arab American Association of New York. But Sarsour dismissed her complaints and “body-shamed” her, Fathelbab claimed at a press conference Thursday at Hikind’s Borough Park office.

“She pushed it under the rug because that was her philosophy,” she said.

She's said idiotic s**t like she used to be a white girl until she put on the hijab. Now she identifies as a woman of colour.

Absolute twat, but she's a "Muslim feminist" so her stupid face pops up everywhere.

Sarsour is a fraud and a great example of the idiocy of intersectional feminism.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nda-sarsour-grope-complaint-article-1.3714622

She's said idiotic s**t like she used to be a white girl until she put on the hijab. Now she identifies as a woman of colour.

Absolute twat, but she's a "Muslim feminist" so her stupid face pops up everywhere.
She wanted to take ayaan ali hirrsi's vagina away also. Think that shows how she views sexual harrassment matters.

Never heard of her, until she was mentioned here.

Where does she “pop up” for you?

I don't know much about her other than you guys get really upset by her.

My point was you guys drag every thread back to muslims. Again and again and again.

We're talking about a Muslim feminist in the feminism thread. There are feminists in the Muslim world who I have nothing but admiration for, but we rarely hear anything about them. Morons like Sarsour get all the attention. Women fighting Islamic misogyny is a bit too hard for intersectional feminists to deal with, so it mostly just gets ignored.

We're talking about a Muslim feminist in the feminism thread. There are feminists in the Muslim world who I have nothing but admiration for, but we rarely hear anything about them. Morons like Sarsour get all the attention. Women fighting Islamic misogyny is a bit too hard for intersectional feminists to deal with, so it mostly just gets ignored.
The right's concern for muslim women is duly noted.

I'm not and have never been right-wing.

Just on this...

Why is it that you can hold left-wing views on pretty much every issue, but if you go against the grain on Islam and/or feminism, the left doesn't want you anymore. You're right wing whether you consider yourself so or not.

You can be a rich, exploitative, capitalist campaigner who looks down on the working class, but as long as you make all the right noises about Islam and feminism, that's fine, you're on the team. You can believe in the subjugation of women in the name of your religion, and as long it's Islam and not Christianity or Judaism, no problem, you're on the team. It's madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on this...

Why is it that you can hold left-wing views on pretty much every issue, but if you go against the grain on Islam and/or feminism, the left doesn't want you anymore. You're right wing whether you consider yourself so or not.

You can be a rich, exploitative, capitalist campaigner who looks down on the working class, but as long as you make all the right noises about Islam and feminism, that's fine, you're on the team. You can believe in the subjugation of women in the name of your religion, and as long it's Islam and not Christianity or Judaism, no problem, you're on the team. It's madness.
And example might help.

Just on this...

Yeah it get the same frustration. I lean slightly left on most things aside from abortion, feminism and perhaps one or two other issues that I can't immediately think of. The left - more so than the right in my experience - seem far quicker to immediately categorise you as "the enemy" when you go against the grain. It becomes about you rather than the issue. Of course there are people on both sides guilty of this and maybe I'm getting a biased sample from talking to more lefties in general. Can't shake that impression though.

I’ve read a few articles on the Pakistani women finding their voice through metoo recently.
It’s an example of how western women help drive conversations that need to happen globally.
Except some idiots here like to try to confine metoo around Hollywood, ignoring the everyday women who found the courage to speak up and the women in Islamic countries.

But.... let’s get back to some woman who gets all the attention.

I’ve read a few articles on the Pakistani women finding their voice through metoo recently.
It’s an example of how western women help drive conversations that need to happen globally.
Except some idiots here like to try to confine metoo around Hollywood, ignoring the everyday women who found the courage to speak up and the women in Islamic countries.

But.... let’s get back to some woman who gets all the attention.
When that woman is representative of some pretty rank hypocrisy, she's deserving of the attention. In fact, I'd say she represents the opposite of the positive you mentioned.

The left - more so than the right in my experience - seem far quicker to immediately categorise you as "the enemy" when you go against the grain.
It’s a certain strain of the left, one that sets itself up in opposition to the right. It has no core philosophy or logical foundation except as a vanguard against whatever might be associated with conservatism. It’s ascendent because its reaction to what it hates gets amplified by social media.

It’s a certain strain of the left, one that sets itself up in opposition to the right. It has no core philosophy or logical foundation except as a vanguard against whatever might be associated with conservatism. It’s ascendent because its reaction to what it hates gets amplified by social media.
You've got something approaching an example?

Im not really fussed by a racist who thinks some others are racially inferior, but whatevs.
I don’t think anyone’s racially inferior. I do think the current tendentious explanation for differences between cultures and nations fails to be descriptive or accurate.

And Ive seen that article, and it doesnt support your point.
If anything approaching substantiveness was ever found in one of your mutterings, people might believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back