Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice write up on Daniel Wells on the club website.

Just love watching him play :)

If not for the grey hair I could have almost thought that was you Dave. Wouldn't have picked that as Marty Clarke you are chatting to. Glad to hear he still has an involvement with footy.

If not for the grey hair I could have almost thought that was you Dave. Wouldn't have picked that as Marty Clarke you are chatting to. Glad to hear he still has an involvement with footy.

I thought it also looked NOTHING like Clarke

I’ve said it a few times on here but I love the Hocking appointment. I think he’s exactly the type of bloke we need at our club. That report on him was just what I wanted to hear.

Also I wonder where Moore lined up?
Couldn't agree more re Buhdda - he is full on no bullshit bloke. He won't tell you what you want to hear but he will tell you what you need to hear.
May be the best appointment the club has made in years.

Also I wonder where Moore lined up?

He said this:

Moore started at CHF and run like a beast with huge leads up the middle and to the wing. Cox started at FF and played very deep.
In the second half Reid played CHF and Moore at CHB but off CHB he looked to get into the corridor to give them a big target in the centre whilst either Grundy or Cox led more to the open wing looking for a switch.

So I feel like Reid and Moore are Easily Changable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said this:

So I feel like Reid and Moore are Easily Changable
I think that’s exactly what the club are planning Dave. Using both Reid and Moore as swingmen could cause a headache for opposition selectors.

Why do some players have so much ink?
Will this trend continue?

Nb ofcourse their choice but is it the pictures themselves or getting inked that is the joy?

I think that’s exactly what the club are planning Dave. Using both Reid and Moore as swingmen could cause a headache for opposition selectors.

I don't mind this plan, and I was surprised how everyone assumed we'd be playing Moore solely in defence this year based off of some pretty non-committal responses by Buckley. With that said however, I'm not sure playing a young developing player as a swing-man has ever done much for their confidence or development, so hopefully it goes well but it's a bit concerning.

View attachment 451440

That's him to the right of Pendles (our right, not Pendles) Dave
From that photo how can you be sure it's not Wells?
Also wouldn't read to much into the photo as I would suggest it's just staged for a shot of the leaders together. If all started together then Phillips would be one of the leaders, yet we can't see likes of Smith, Crisp, Sidebottom with him and you'd be disappointed if he was so close to lapping Pendles & Adams.

Also wouldn't read to much into the photo as I would suggest it's just staged for a shot of the leaders together. If all started together then Phillips would be one of the leaders, yet we can't see likes of Smith, Crisp, Sidebottom with him and you'd be disappointed if he was so close to lapping Pendles & Adams.
It's clearly Kirby...

Was tongue in cheek but definitely Kirby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back