Square go then! Who would win in a dust up?

Remove this Banner Ad

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hypothetical North players blueing. No holds barred, only rule no weapons

First up: Jy Simpkin vs Ben Cunnington.

A tasty match up this. Jy would be deadly quick and posses great evasive skills - and hit bloody hard. Cunners would be no mug either, and I suspect he could soak up the punishment from Jy's lighning quick flurries.

Unless Jy got him with a knockout early, I reckon Cunners would look to get him to ground and then squeeze the life out of him.

Right now I'm saying Cunners with the size and weight, but in a few years this would be an even match. Still wouldn't be at all surprised if Jy got him even now.

Who else should we do?

Cunners would eat Jy alive.

Wright v Garner.

Strongly contest that notion.

Jy would have been fighting in Jimmy Sharman's Tent 50 years ago. He'd be quite the customer I reckon. Fears nobody - would have punched s**t out of that Hawthorn flog if the umpires looked away for ten seconds.

Wrighty v Garns isn't even worth discussing.

Garns would belt the living crap out of him. Quick, got mongrel, and surprisingly big. Not saying Wrighty is soft at all, I just don't see him as a streetfighter, and I very much do see the Doveton Devil as being able to handle himself in that regard.

Wrighty v Garns isn't even worth discussing.

Garns would belt the living crap out of him. Quick, got mongrel, and surprisingly big. Not saying Wrighty is soft at all, I just don't see him as a streetfighter, and I very much do see the Doveton Devil as being able to handle himself in that regard.
Wrong. Correct answer is nil all draw as both get injured putting on their shorts.

Hypothetical North players blueing. No holds barred, only rule no weapons

First up: Jy Simpkin vs Ben Cunnington.

A tasty match up this. Jy would be deadly quick and posses great evasive skills - and hit bloody hard. Cunners would be no mug either, and I suspect he could soak up the punishment from Jy's lighning quick flurries.

Unless Jy got him with a knockout early, I reckon Cunners would look to get him to ground and then squeeze the life out of him.

Right now I'm saying Cunners with the size and weight, but in a few years this would be an even match. Still wouldn't be at all surprised if Jy got him even now.

Who else should we do?

Cunners vs JZ

Kayne Turner vs anyone (or everyone) ... maybe Hooter

Ryan Clarke vs a cardboard cutout of Ryan Clarke. Or Billy Hartung.

Paul Ahern vs Luke McDonald.

As for Cunners vs Jy I dunno.... farming makes you tough. No one *s with Cunners on a footy field and they never have (cept for one silly clown.) But Jy is quick and looks like he hits hard. He also is pretty tough. Apparantly when he broke his leg he had to wait for an hour and a half for the ambos to show up and didn't whinge about it much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garner would wind up, tear a hammy and Sam Wright from Katamatite would push him over with a pinky and hold him down for the count.

Preuss vs Hrovat and Anderson (as a tandem)

Garns would punch him on the foot from the ground.

Preuss would devastate those two, although pound for pound I reckon Anderson could go.

Paul Ahern vs Luke McDonald.

Ahern every day of the week. Luke would talk a big game, then Ahern would drop him cold.

This is good.
Has anyone got the free time do make something like this.

View attachment 455582

A draw for the whole list.
Obviously, like the tennis there’d Be seeded players so the best ‘final’ will come about.
Dependent on BF poster votes.

Did a workplace version of this once, all participants included detailed commentary with a coin toss used as a tiebreaker.

Not sure it was HR compliant.

Oak Park vs Kew....

vader-main.jpg

Don't underestimate the POWER of the east side.

Oak Park vs Kew....

Yep, that entered my calculations. Luke is crazy brave, no doubting that, the way he runs back into packs with the flight.

But Ahern is beautifully balanced and hits quick. My money would be on him.

Cunners vs JZ

This would be a ding dong battle. Jeez, you'd want to get to JZ early, enraging him with a few swats would be lethal.

But I'm going with Cunners here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back