Square go then! Who would win in a dust up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pound for pound I’d have Turner above anyone on our list I reckon. Heart of a lion that kid.

JZ a close 2nd.

Smokey i’d say would be Neilson, dunno if he could box but he is bloody competitive. Same goes with Benny McKay. McKay can move too!

Tazz would be a quiet achiever.

Thommo would kick you in the nuts.

Higgins would also likely end up getting killed because he wouldn't go down.

Hartung would probably stick and move and beat everyone else on points.

I remember hearing a boxing trainer saying that no one ever wanted to get into the ring with Lindsay because “he throws them short and sharp” and he’s hard to tag.

I reckon Lindsay

would go hard if he had to. Remember what Jimmy Krakouer was like? You don't want to fight an angry blackfella.

Seriously.

Tazz would be a quiet achiever.

Thommo would kick you in the nuts.

Higgins would also likely end up getting killed because he wouldn't go down.

Hartung would probably stick and move and beat everyone else on points.

Right on about Thommo and I reckon Robbie is a smokey.

Cunners beats JZ tho. Reach is over rated alot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if they still do a bit of sparing?

Of course.

playing-games.gif

Mick Martyn v Arch

=Arch.

Wrestling comp bw these 2 would be interesting.

Two Anacondahs

Dick Carey handled Mick with ease.

But he is a Carey.

Duck would be our toughest player of the modern era.

Older blokes like Pat Kelly and Teddy Jarrard would frighten most current day players just by looking at them.

Dick Carey handled Mick with ease.

But he is a Carey.

Duck would be our toughest player of the modern era.

Older blokes like Pat Kelly and Teddy Jarrard would frighten most current day players just by looking at them.

According to my long term PA at work who hails from Wagga, and whose twin brother played footy up there locally for years, the Carey girls were rougher than the blokes of the family. Whilst Mick copped a shellacking he can be thankful it was from Dick rather than the hens of the Duck family.

Horse v Carey would've been interesting.

Horse might be milder mannered but he was a very solid unit for a 194cm bloke.

Just as an aside, does anyone ever do a surreal double-take realising the Cola John Longmire is one and the same as our John Longmire? Feels like 2 different people.

According to my long term PA at work who hails from Wagga, and whose twin brother played footy up there locally for years, the Carey girls were rougher than the blokes of the family. Whilst Mick copped a shellacking he can be thankful it was from Dick rather than the hens of the Duck family.

Often happens that way.

I can't remember who first called me ferball/furball - some kids I used to coach or their dad - but their family is a bit like that. Eldest kid is about 6 6, won the JL Williams medal about a decade ago (UDL has one). Should have been drafted but probably burnt out by 20. Knocks campaigners out regularly with one punch but his little sisters are 5 times deadlier. If the two youngest girls get fit (multiple injuries and operations - abit like Benny Jacobs sadly) and motivated they'll dominate the AFLW for a year or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back