AFLW 2018 - Round 1 - Carlton v Collingwood, 7.45pm, Fri Feb 2nd, Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it before.....how can this continue on prime time TV. 1.5 hours of footy for 36 points to be derived.

I would rather they televised the TAC competition.

All this AFLW league is just political correctness gone wrong.

22 to 14...how can that rubbish be on prime time TV....give us a break

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread tonight for the season opener.

Special mentions to those who have no interest in the game, dont want the game, feel they are forced to watch or comment on the game, and still found the time to tune in and complain.
gotta wonder how empty ones life is when there is no alternative to fill the void of not watching something you don't like
buy a playstation ffs.

Think they all need kicking coaches first, that should be the priority.

The way the teams structure up means they don't need to be perfect kicks. There's not that much congestion so if the kicks off players still have plenty of time and space. If they can take the ball cleanly and get it close enough to another teammate then the games will pick up.

Normally, laughing at those who get offended over peoples opinions

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I agree, why are some getting criticised for commenting on what was a very ordinary game?
Can any poster seriously come on this thread, be honest, and say that game was good in any aspect?

Said it before.....how can this continue on prime time TV. 1.5 hours of footy for 36 points to be derived.

I would rather they televised the TAC competition.

All this AFLW league is just political correctness gone wrong.

22 to 14...how can that rubbish be on prime time TV....give us a break

Because people tune in. There is an entire world of entertainment at your fingertips. I'm sure you can find something else to kill time.

Everyone having a crack now about the scores needs to go back and watch the last two weeks last year where Melbourne and Adelaide piled on the scores.

It's definitely doable, opened up more last year as the season progressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed this women's league will expose the physical differences and cognitive prowess of men vs women. They are going to need a smaller ball, definitely a smaller ground and some sort of extra rules to give free-kicks easier so that they get more shots at goal. Feminists are going to be having a cry if rule changes specific to women are even hinted at. It should follow tennis, where women have more time to rest between change overs and only two set games.

I really hate that last touched rule.

From an article on the AFL website;

"The League advised all clubs on Wednesday that a free kick will be paid against a team where a kick or handball goes out of bounds without being touched by an opposition player.

However, no free kick will be awarded if the opposition player shepherds the ball across the boundary line where the football could have otherwise been touched."

If it's ambiguous who touched it last, throw it in. But there were clear kicks that went over the line and it was thrown in. Some were paid, others were not.

I agree, cheats out the back of packs, she gives little to their play.
I must admit the more I watch her the more I think Josh Jenkins.

I really hate that last touched rule.

From an article on the AFL website;

"The League advised all clubs on Wednesday that a free kick will be paid against a team where a kick or handball goes out of bounds without being touched by an opposition player.

However, no free kick will be awarded if the opposition player shepherds the ball across the boundary line where the football could have otherwise been touched."

If it's ambiguous who touched it last, throw it in. But there were clear kicks that went over the line and it was thrown in. Some were paid, others were not.
AFL umpires get it wrong, more at 11.

(I don't disagree though :p )

Go and read her book, it is obvious from the crap you come out with, that a little education might expand your small mind.
Her book won’t change the fact she can’t run or mark the ball

The way the teams structure up means they don't need to be perfect kicks. There's not that much congestion so if the kicks off players still have plenty of time and space. If they can take the ball cleanly and get it close enough to another teammate then the games will pick up.
No they won't.
If you cant kick, you can't hit targets, and you can't score, the basics of footy.
These girls can't do either, and thats whats killing it.

Everyone having a crack now about the scores needs to go back and watch the last two weeks last year where Melbourne and Adelaide piled on the scores.

It's definitely doable, opened up more last year as the season progressed.
The girls were definitely spent by the 2nd half. Happens with the blokes to a degree as well in rnd 1 (skills drop off late in qtrs rnd 1 in the afl)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I got the sense from watching that the Defenders (for both sides) were far more capable footballers than the Forwards are at this point.

Some of the defence teamwork was quite good and well drilled, while the forwards were generally wasteful with their opportunities.

It also looked like a few of the defenders were getting some decent distance on their kicks which was nice to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back