Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 4: Gumbies FFC v West Coast Wonders @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll let you know my measuring tape is long enough (or in other words, yammer away!)

Cheers for those locations! I think I can get a good estimate on temperatures (though pH of soil is another matter). You weren't getting with those Cabernets.

So, for the absolute wine noob, aside from Sideways (not bad, that movie), what's the problem with Merlot?
It's more used as a blending grape for the great wines of Bordeaux (Cabernet based, bar Pomerol, which IS Merlot) than as a stand alone. Compared to Cab and Shiraz it's just seen as a bit bland, something the "ladies" might enjoy when the big wines are too much for them. It's been stereotyped, much like the Wonders.

hoooooo boy, the 'ol Golly-Wonders shitfest sure is exhilarating. Who didn't screw who, who was the third wheel, unrequited? I'm sure by the end of the week I'll have it sussed.
Don't worry, mate. I was captain of the Wonders from season 19 until season 21, and I had literally no idea who Golumless was until I had to submit my song nomination contest to him.

It's more used as a blending grape for the great wines of Bordeaux (Cabernet based, bar Pomerol, which IS Merlot) than as a stand alone. Compared to Cab and Shiraz it's just seen as a bit bland, something the "ladies" might enjoy when the big wines are too much for them. It's been stereotyped, much like the Wonders.

Wow, actually proper legitimate stuff there. That's pretty decisive.

Cheers for all the information, this will come in handy!

(Also, I was meant to say "not kidding with those Cabernets," I think I'm working a little too hard...)

Wow, actually proper legitimate stuff there. That's pretty decisive.

Cheers for all the information, this will come in handy!

(Also, I was meant to say "not kidding with those Cabernets," I think I'm working a little too hard...)
It's my job, and my passion, easy to talk about. :thumbsu:

Helps that they are indeed one and the same. Livin' the dream!

Too bad my passions are not as, well, interesting to others, lol.
Mate, playing in a fantasy football league with a bunch of strangers online is not a passion to be ashamed of!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think you were my protege...

Pray I never get my hands on time travel after that effort.

I reached much higher heights then going premature about a lead in the Fred. I am the only captain to have kicked 5 goals+ in a grand final after all :)
Self praise is no praise at all

Who thought this thread would start with some whining and move on to some wining.

I think this is the third week in a row I've indirectly had an influence on things.

Don't mind a nice Chilean merlot

Chilian Wine? Unexpected, but probably shouldn't be surprising. I swear that South America is like the continent that we interact with the least. Now I have to go looking for that, and I don't even drink.

I think this is the third week in a row I've indirectly had an influence on things.

Chilian Wine? Unexpected, but probably shouldn't be surprising. I swear that South America is like the continent that we interact with the least. Now I have to go looking for that, and I don't even drink.
824098_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855078666.png

Also, Argentinian...their Malbec's are superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back