NFL 2018 NFL Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless they are rescinding the tag on Landry or have a trade already lined up for him, I don't see where Miami is getting all this cap space from

Trading Landry ($16m) and possibly Tannehill ($17-20m) but 2019 and beyond cap looks better shape. Be surprised if Tannehill leaves though.

I like Fins move. Quinn’s only 27 and on $10-12m a year for next 2 years. Showed a return to some form (no injury issues) this season as that hybrid LB/DE role Phillips uses. Assume he goes back to predominantly DE.

I honestly have no ******* idea what the hell Miami are doing now, someone help me make some sense of this...

If they have a position of strength its on the DLine, they even drafted a DE last year in the first round (Harris), he gets * all playing time as it is right now, so you go and add Quinn on 10m to a line that is paying Such 26m, Branch 10m, Wake 8.5m why in gods name would you commit more money to it and let your one offensive star walk???

The new Browns. Or the Browns are the old Dolphins if you will.

I honestly have no ******* idea what the hell Miami are doing now, someone help me make some sense of this...

If they have a position of strength its on the DLine, they even drafted a DE last year in the first round (Harris), he gets **** all playing time as it is right now, so you go and add Quinn on 10m to a line that is paying Such 26m, Branch 10m, Wake 8.5m why in gods name would you commit more money to it and let your one offensive star walk???

The new Browns. Or the Browns are the old Dolphins if you will.
You can't ever have enough pass rushers. You want a rotation of pass rushers going at the opposition all game, every week.
Them committing heavy to the front 7 is tremendous news (as a closet Dolphins fan).
Landry will net them a high pick or a quality player at another position (like CB or LB).
Dolphins could even trade Tannehill to a team, for another good pick and they're apparently enamored with Baker Mayfield.

You can't ever have enough pass rushers. You want a rotation of pass rushers going at the opposition all game, every week.
Them committing heavy to the front 7 is tremendous news (as a closet Dolphins fan).
Landry will net them a high pick or a quality player at another position (like CB or LB).
Dolphins could even trade Tannehill to a team, for another good pick and they're apparently enamored with Baker Mayfield.

Wake is the only one playing above his contract, still their best pass rusher at 36yo, thats sad... Im not convinced Quinn solves anything or makes them any better. With a roster with as many holes as the Dolphins have, committing so much money into one position full of underachievers (to their salary) is mind blowing to me.

Last edited:
Wake is the only one playing above his contract, still their best pass rusher at 36yo, thats sad... Im not convinced Quinn solves anything or makes them any better. With a roster with as many holes as the Dolphins have, committing so much money into one position full of underachievers (to their salary) is mind blowing to me.

Wake 36 and one of lowest ranked teams for sacks. Clear weakness

Wake 36 and one of lowest ranked teams for sacks. Clear weakness

Quinn at his best four years ago helps, sure, but i dont reckon the Rams are trading away a guy 27yo with a 19 sack season if they know he can still produce and play at a level worthy of his contract. They were happy to take a 3rd rounder, not like the Dolphins made them an offer they couldnt refuse.

Im expecting the league to issue a please explain email to the Phins...pretty sure I read somewhere that you can’t franchise tag a player if you have no intent to resign them.

That’s why its called a franchise tag...designed for teams to keep their franchise players.

Will try and dig up the article.

I hope and doubt the 49ers would be interested though.

Quinn at his best four years ago helps, sure, but i dont reckon the Rams are trading away a guy 27yo with a 19 sack season if they know he can still produce and play at a level worthy of his contract. They were happy to take a 3rd rounder, not like the Dolphins made them an offer they couldnt refuse.

Finished the season strongly.

They look even thinner re pass rushers. Got quite a few FA. Barwin, Joyner, Johnson, Watkins.

Need space for Donald and Gurley mega contracts next year, Goff year after. If they let Johnson walk they save with Peters as replacement.

Im expecting the league to issue a please explain email to the Phins...pretty sure I read somewhere that you can’t franchise tag a player if you have no intent to resign them.

That’s why its called a franchise tag...designed for teams to keep their franchise players.

It's the Dolphins though. Doubt the NFL is going to care at all.

It’s fine as long as Landry signs the tender AND has to agree to a long term deal with a new team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports believes the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes will come down to the Broncos and Vikings.

Robinson reiterated Cousins' desire to play for a contender, which would seem to eliminate the Browns and Jets. Rather than sign a six or seven-year deal, which is customary for franchise QBs, Robinson expects Cousins to land a three or four-year pact in the range of $30 million annually with most of that money guaranteed. With over $48 million in available cap space, the Vikings could easily accommodate a contract of that magnitude. To afford Cousins, the Broncos ($23.8 million in cap space) may have to make some sacrifices.
Related: Broncos, Vikings

Source: 1500 ESPN on Twitter

Jason Wolf of the Nashville Tennesseean reports the Titans are among Jarvis Landry's "preferred destinations."

The interest does not appear to be mutual, however, as the Titans have yet to engage the Dolphins in trade talks. Landry would be an upgrade on Eric Decker, who flopped with just 54 catches for 563 yards and a single touchdown last season. The Dolphins slapped Landry with the $16.2 million franchise tag last week but fully plan on trading him before the start of free agency. So far the Bears, Browns, Ravens and 49ers have emerged as his top suitors.
Related: Titans

Source: Nashville Tennesseean

-----------------------------------------------

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports expects the Cardinals to move on from DB Tyrann Mathieu this offseason.

La Canfora came to this conclusion "based on everything" he heard at the Combine this week. Mathieu saw his play decline in 2017 and is owed a $5 million roster bonus on March 16. Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds threw out Tampa Bay as a possible landing spot for the Honey Badger should he become available. Jason Licht, who now serves as Bucs' GM, was instrumental in drafting Mathieu when he was VP of player personnel for the Cardinals.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Miami tagged Jarvis Landry and now give him permission to seek a trade.

I hope Landry enjoys playing in Miami for one more year because I can't see a team agreeing to pay his salary and give up high draft pick(s) for him, even if he is one of the better slot receivers in the game.
Given their cap situation tagging, Landry has to be one of the most bizarre decisions in recent NFL history

I want Barkley bad

If we end up with Cousins I hope for either Nelson or Barkley
Don't think the Giants or Colts would take him but can't see him getting past the Browns at 4 after taking Darnold at 1

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports believes the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes will come down to the Broncos and Vikings.

Robinson reiterated Cousins' desire to play for a contender, which would seem to eliminate the Browns and Jets. Rather than sign a six or seven-year deal, which is customary for franchise QBs, Robinson expects Cousins to land a three or four-year pact in the range of $30 million annually with most of that money guaranteed. With over $48 million in available cap space, the Vikings could easily accommodate a contract of that magnitude. To afford Cousins, the Broncos ($23.8 million in cap space) may have to make some sacrifices.
Related: Broncos, Vikings

Source: 1500 ESPN on Twitter
I'm sure Broncos fans will miss Elway

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings, Broncos, Jets, and Cardinals are the final four teams "vying" for free agent Kirk Cousins.

This would mean neither the Browns or Bills will go after Cousins. With other reports saying Cousins wants to play for a contender, this could also possibly take the Jets and Cardinals out of contention. The Vikings are probably Cousins' most likely option if his desire to play for a contender is truly the driving force behind where he signs.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back