LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 8/1: Buffalo at Miami

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 8/1: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:

I was thinking the toys being tossed out the cot is more about would have preferred playing Miami in the divisional round in the warmer weather in Miami and avoiding the cold tundra of Buffalo.

Then again for new Chiefs fans away playoffs games have been rare. Playing in Buffalo and then on to Baltimore cold and cold is probably a good thing

He's only looking one game at a time, and Pittsburgh are the weakest team left and wanted them. Good point though, Mahomes has never played an away playoff game and the road now looks pretty difficult if the Ravens and Buffalo win through their respective games - but if you want to beat Baltimore away then having to beat Buffalo the week before is a pretty good test.

All of that said, he's only 11 but he's also watched this average Chiefs team all year. He knows they're likely not making it through to February.

Howie to sign him, Nick and Brian Johnson to split him out wide and throw bubble screens to him

Yes, turn him into a WR after he goes 3 carries for 25 yards on the first 3 plays of the game, that's enough of that, time to catch the opposition off guard with next level thinking.

Yes, turn him into a WR after he goes 3 carries for 25 yards on the first 3 plays of the game, that's enough of that, time to catch the opposition off guard with next level thinking.

It'll only last one play until AJ gets jealous and he and Hurts need to 'improvise' again though

Where should Derick Henry go? Highest bidder or a team with a legitimate chance of winning?

Ravens will be shedding Dobbins, Edwards and Hill. All on decent coin for RBs. The King is an upgrade and will complement the speed game of Mitchell really well.
Ravens had a trade deal with Titans for him but the owner overruled the GM.

All contenders should be after him IF only for a single year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what's the issue? Spotting the wrong 49 line is understandable and it eventually got to the right spot.

Had they flagged the Packers for lining up in the neutral zone based on the original spot then that would have been something.

So what's the issue? Spotting the wrong 49 line is understandable and it eventually got to the right spot.

Had they flagged the Packers for lining up in the neutral zone based on the original spot then that would have been something.
The refs in the game were bad. I think there was 1 accepted penalty all game. They let everything go

This was after a Bears 4th down QB sneak. it was ruled 1st down. [it could be a bad camera angle, but i thought the Bears picked it up on the 3rd down and got a bad spot]
GDRd4b3bsAEDDkT

The refs in the game were bad. I think there was 1 accepted penalty all game. They let everything go

This was after a Bears 4th down QB sneak. it was ruled 1st down. [it could be a bad camera angle, but i thought the Bears picked it up on the 3rd down and got a bad spot]
GDRd4b3bsAEDDkT

That is a bad angle, if it was a good angle the rope would be parallel to the picture frame. When I first saw this I thought it was a first down.

GDRd4b3bsAEDDkT
Its a bad camera angle. You can see the yard marker behind the refs foot is on the angle. If you apply the same angle to the the end of the chain it's probably a nose across the line of gain.

I do find it funny that the ref takes a completely random guessed position of the ball in a pack which could be off by god knows how much, then they move the chains to get a mm accurate measurement like it matters when the ball position was guessed anyway 😂 ie the Bills 4th down late in the game yesterday.

Is the NFL trialing any tech inside the ball? It’s the one sport where I think tech could actually add something positive to the sport and not just add confusion and bullshit. Live tracking of the ball position at all times that someone could very easily tell a ref in their ear piece where to spot it.

I do find it funny that the ref takes a completely random guessed position of the ball in a pack which could be off by god knows how much, then they move the chains to get a mm accurate measurement like it matters when the ball position was guessed anyway 😂 ie the Bills 4th down late in the game yesterday.

Is the NFL trialing any tech inside the ball? It’s the one sport where I think tech could actually add something positive to the sport and not just add confusion and bullshit. Live tracking of the ball position at all times that someone could very easily tell a ref in their ear piece where to spot it.

Modern balls do contain an RFID chip. Watch from about the 6:10 mark of this video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back