Game Day JLT R1- Bulldogs vs Hawks @Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe...

Basically everyone who plays for and coaches the Dogs is s*** and Jong is really, really s***.

Oh and you're right and everyone else who disagrees with you is wrong.

I just can't understand how Bevo got the job over you. Don't get it.

Hahahahaha I say Two players and 1 coach are shite(AND THEY ARE) and you carry on like this? Missed all the other people saying players are shite also have you?

Do u feel better now? Will the likes you get from the lemmings complete your day? Lol wow another one to the list

Hahahahaha I say Two players and 1 coach are shite(AND THEY ARE) and you carry on like this? Missed all the other people saying players are shite also have you?

Do u feel better now? Will the likes you get from the lemmings complete your day? Lol wow another one to the list
The list you accidentally reply to?

Just watched the replay again and was a pretty good game to watch between two teams I now believe will struggle to make the 8. 8-13 bracket for mine

Positives-

Bont
Naughton
Crozier
Dunkley
Work rate from mids better
Some 2016 style link up
Intensity was up at times

Negatives

Experimenting positions again
Forward line looks unconvincing and unstable
Depth is a real issue

The list you accidentally reply to?

I did click this time

I unigjored you and re did it so it’s working again

No idea why that happened but it told me enough to know why I do it to start

Won’t be replying again so don’t derail the thread responding

Have a great night

I did click this time

I unigjored you and re did it so it’s working again

No idea why that happened but it told me enough to know why I do it to start

Won’t be replying again so don’t derail the thread responding

Have a great night

I've just one thing to add so that you don't get the last word - I regret to inform you that I've made the painful decision to put you on my ignore list. Please do not respond to this as it will further derail the thread. Thanks in advance for letting me get the final word on the matter of who is ignoring who - it means a lot to me.

During the TV coverage of the game in Moe they said the crowd was 2700
Too much pre-seasonal stuff perhaps, or maybe because the fans don't really regard the JLT series as anything more than a series of 'friendly' games. As there are no finals, no knock-out aspect to these games it can't really be regarded as a competition and many fans might well ask themselves, "why would I bother travelling 100-200 km to watch a friendly"? Only the locals or seriously diehards are likely to attend these games.

Unfortunately, they cannot go back to the NAB Cup knockout format because of time constraints and the league's dance card is already crowded with AFLW and AFLX and a narrow window of time between the end of cricket seasons and availability of premium grounds.

Too much pre-seasonal stuff perhaps, or maybe because the fans don't really regard the JLT series as anything more than a series of 'friendly' games. As there are no finals, no knock-out aspect to these games it can't really be regarded as a competition and many fans might well ask themselves, "why would I bother travelling 100-200 km to watch a friendly"? Only the locals or seriously diehards are likely to attend these games.

Unfortunately, they cannot go back to the NAB Cup knockout format because of time constraints and the league's dance card is already crowded with AFLW and AFLX and a narrow window of time between the end of cricket seasons and availability of premium grounds.
Yup. JLT is a practice match.

The fact that gambling is allowed on these matches continues to stagger me.

I've just one thing to add so that you don't get the last word - I regret to inform you that I've made the painful decision to put you on my ignore list. Please do not respond to this as it will further derail the thread. Thanks in advance for letting me get the final word on the matter of who is ignoring who - it means a lot to me.
Scrag,your on my much published ignore list but I accidentally clicked something and read your comment.
I'm going to remove you from my much publicised ignore list due to this comment for a period I'm yet to advertise or determine.

Just watched the replay again and was a pretty good game to watch between two teams I now believe will struggle to make the 8. 8-13 bracket for mine

Positives-

Bont
Naughton
Crozier
Dunkley
Some 2016 style link up

Negatives

Depth is a real issue
Disagree with the negatives. Well two anyway. I think an unstable forward line can actually work in our favour. Also I think our depth is better than nearly any other club.

Disagree with the negatives. Well two anyway. I think an unstable forward line can actually work in our favour. Also I think our depth is better than nearly any other club.

Possibly true with the forward line but I doubt it. Instability I football teams has never been a great success but there is always a first time.

Sorry our depth is poor at best BUT it’s young and will improve but apart from the blokes above our ready made depth is Campbell Honey Roberts Williams Webb Jong. All very very average footy players so as I said hopefully the kids can push on and add to the depth, don’t think they will this year but maybe they can

Possibly true with the forward line but I doubt it. Instability I football teams has never been a great success but there is always a first time.

Sorry our depth is poor at best BUT it’s young and will improve but apart from the blokes above our ready made depth is Campbell Honey Roberts Williams Webb Jong. All very very average footy players so as I said hopefully the kids can push on and add to the depth, don’t think they will this year but maybe they can
Who’s depth is better? I’d say maybe Sydney but outside of Sydney I can’t think of many. Maybe Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives-

Bont
Naughton
Crozier
Dunkley
Some 2016 style link up

Negatives

Depth is a real issue

We kicked over 100 points in x 4 20 min quarters. If that's in unconvincing I'd hate to see how it goes when it is convincing!

Disagree about our depth- a lot of our 18-22 yo players will keep improving this year

overall im pretty happy
it sort of has me believing we have it covered in def & mid but just unsure of forw atm,
we should make the 8 IMO, pending injuries again...

We kicked over 100 points in x 4 20 min quarters. If that's in unconvincing I'd hate to see how it goes when it is convincing!

Disagree about our depth- a lot of our 18-22 yo players will keep improving this year

True but it was a pretty open game.

Our depth is going to be ok I think but for this year it’s poor IMO. As you said those kids will improve but not enough this year for me to consider us a finals player

Who’s depth is better? I’d say maybe Sydney but outside of Sydney I can’t think of many. Maybe Melbourne?

Than the 5 players I mentioned above?

The question is who is worse in talent and age profile? I’d argue no ones

Does this mean you have Naughton in our best 22? He was one of the real positives yesterday, as you noted above.

It’s pretty rare for a KPP to immediately enter best 22 calculations in his first season like Naughton has.

Dal really seems to have found a gem there.

What intrigues me is we bought Crozier across from Fremantle. There he played predominantly forward half. We take him and say mate, you’ll be playing half back. Yesterday he basically replaced Wood. Wood went forward and looked lost.

Why would we not just play Crozier forward where he was solid enough for Freo and leave Wood back who is our most experienced back?
in practice games coaches throw players around to see how they fare. wood will be the backline general along with morris when he comes back. i think it was only an experiment. same with crozier, but i think he is quite versatile. good pick imo.

Than the 5 players I mentioned above?

The question is who is worse in talent and age profile? I’d argue no ones
No no. Depth isn’t selecting your least favourite players. I’d say depth is everyone who isn’t first choice 22. I’d say our next 22 are better than everyone’s bar Sydney and maybe Melbourne.

No no. Depth isn’t selecting your least favourite players. I’d say depth is everyone who isn’t first choice 22. I’d say our next 22 are better than everyone’s bar Sydney and maybe Melbourne.

You assume because I don’t think someone is a good AFL player I don’t like them? Our depth is over rated and how did it help us last year when it was needed? Roberts Campbell Honey couldn’t get games or keep spots and kids that are miles off had to play.

Sydney
GWS
Adelaide
Port

All have more senior ready players than us and possibly add

Melbourne
Essendon
Hawks
Tigers

To that list

If you think we have the 3rd best list on the league mate you seriously are blindly biased. All the statistical rating say we are 7-10 best list and thats even questionable for me

If we dumped all those players tomorrow the only one with a shot of getting redrafted is Jong and that’s to a very low team looking for mature help

Does this mean you have Naughton in our best 22? He was one of the real positives yesterday, as you noted above.

It’s pretty rare for a KPP to immediately enter best 22 calculations in his first season like Naughton has.

Dal really seems to have found a gem there.
I actually thought Naughton fell into our lap but good on Dal for still recruiting him though.
I was really impressed with him last year at senior level last year playing for Peel. Still would have loved what Liam Ryan could have brought to our list but we missed that one.

I don't think Campbell, Honey, Jong etc are good players, but they are comparatively good depth (so much so that I think some should have been delisted for more kids).

A guy like Campbell is now 5th in line for the ruck duties (Roughy, Trengove, Toyd and English all ahead) and he has 5-6 preseasons behind him. All things equal he will be much better than most guys in a similar position at other clubs (likely to be raw 18yos). Same with guys like Roberts who are behind Morris/Adams/Cordy/Naughton, but are much better than throwing a 5th round speculative 18yo to the wolves.

My view is more that our list isn't the best because we've got a lot of guys like Hunter, Wallis, Libba, Dahl, Picken etc who ARE all good players, but on that level below great players. You could argue Bont and maybe Macrae are in the top 50 players in the league, how many others?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back