Play Nice North Melbourne - 2018 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Hehe I love how we broke certain north supporters. The constant deflection is priceless

If you are referring to my comment to the port pauper there were 3 teams named by Gil with bad debt port were in there north weren’t

A Richmond supporter is asking me this? Where have you been for the last 35 years?

Are you 12 or are youh one of the 40,000 Richmond supporters that have just appeared out of thin air?

Richmond never kept a coach for 8 years who went that far backwards and had to start again.

Like you said, North’s latest rebuild is only beginning. It’ll take years to rebuild... and yet, Brad Scott is responsible for the club’s current dire position!!

How does North accept such mediocrity??

At least Richmond sacked our dud coaches after 4-5 years maximum.

We never waited 8 years, realised they failed and ruined our list, then signed them up again to a long term deal!

How does this happen??

How does North accept such mediocrity??

We don't. We're not Richmond.

At least Richmond sacked our dud coaches after 4-5 years maximum.

Utter Bullshit!

Hardwicks return prior to 2017 was 15th, 12th, 12th, 5th, 8th, 5th and 13th

How did Richmond accept such mediocrity utter rubbish??

We don't. We're not Richmond.

You did. You signed an average coach up to a long-term contract even after he’d failed and ruined your list after 8 years on the job.

That’s accepting mediocrity.

Utter Bullshit!

Hardwicks return prior to 2017 was 15th, 12th, 12th, 5th, 8th, 5th and 13th

How did Richmond accept such mediocrity utter rubbish??

Richmond consistently improved and felt closer and closer to a flag every single year from 2010 until the 2016 half step back.

Then we won the premiership!

I’ll take more “utter rubbish” premierships following a clear, consistent upwards trending graph that Dimma led us up for 8 years.

Unlike Brad’s very mediocre Terry Wallace spin doctoring as he starts yet another new rebuild after 8 YEARS on the job!

You did. You signed an average coach up to a long-term contract even after he’d failed and ruined your list after 8 years on the job.

That’s accepting mediocrity.

Richmond consistently improved and felt closer and closer to a flag every single year from 2010 until the 2016 half step back.

Then we won the premiership!

I’ll take more “utter rubbish” premierships following a clear, consistent upwards trending graph that Dimma led us up for 8 years.

Unlike Brad’s very mediocre Terry Wallace spin doctoring as he starts another new rebuild after 8 YEARS on the job!

You are COMPLETELY out of touch with reality.

That premiership from out of nowhere has broken your tiny little mind.

Everything before 2017 has been wiped from your memory banks.

You are COMPLETELY out of touch with reality.

That premiership from out of nowhere has broken your tiny little mind.

Everything before 2017 has been wiped from your memory banks.

2010 - worse than Fitzroy. Had a 4 game winning streak mid-season. Looked like he had an authentic bond immediately, and his philosophies sounded so pure and honest.

2011 - more wins

2012 - more wins, Cotchin’s Brownlow, just missed finals

2013 - more wins again, made the finals!

2014 - new risky game plan and injuries stuffed up the start of our season... we looked like we were back to square one... and then? Being 3-10, we went on an historic 9-game winning streak culminating in a win against Sydney at the SCG in what felt like a Grand Final win to make the finals. This season convinced me that Rance was a legend, and that we did have a very special winning spirit in this group. I truly believed we could win a flag with the current crop.

2015 - more wins, one bad Houli kickout from finishing 2nd on the ladder.

2016 - all the external pressure and negativity cracked us. It was a step back. But the admin were very calm and strong, they backed in the coach and sounded very reasonable following 3 straight finals series.

2017 - Premiership

2018 - best preseason I’ve seen from us, in good health to defend the premiership. Back to back?

Honestly? We had a bad patch in early 2014, and a bad year in 2016, otherwise it has been a very steady upward trend.

Now where is Brad Scott at after 8 years??

2010 - worse than Fitzroy. Had a 4 game winning streak mid-season. Looked like he had an authentic bond immediately, and his philosophies sounded so pure and honest.

2011 - more wins

2012 - more wins, Cotchin’s Brownlow, just missed finals

2013 - more wins again, made the finals!

2014 - new risky game plan and injuries stuffed up the start of our season... we looked like we were back to square one... and then? Being 3-10, we went on an historic 9-game winning streak culminating in a win against Sydney at the SCG in what felt like a Grand Final win to make the finals. This season convinced me that Rance was a legend, and that we did have a very special winning spirit in this group. I truly believed we could win a flag with the current crop.

2015 - more wins, one bad Houli kickout from finishing 2nd on the ladder.

2016 - all the external pressure and negativity cracked us. It was a step back. But the admin were very calm and strong, they backed in the coach and sounded very reasonable following 3 straight finals series.

2017 - Premiership

2018 - best preseason I’ve seen from us, in good health to defend the premiership. Back to back?

Honestly? We had a bad patch in early 2014, and a bad year in 2016, otherwise it has been a very steady upward trend.

Now where is Brad Scott at after 8 years??

Nicely put.

North will merge, fold or relocate before they get a priority pick. Unfortunately I could see one of the first three things happening very soon.

Collingwood would merge, fold or relocate before North. After a nuclear war, all that would exist are cockroaches and North Melbourne. The AFL tried their hardest to kill them off a decade ago when they had a double figure debt, and couldn't do it. No chance now, sorry shagger. :)

You guys are s**t blokes. Taking the piss out of some mentally ill dude on the internet. Give it a rest.

And the rest from a North troll baiting them.
That tends to happen when a couple of patronising tiger posters start to lecture another club’s posters about their own list in a largely ill-informed manner. It’s a two way street.

Collingwood would merge, fold or relocate before North. After a nuclear war, all that would exist are cockroaches and North Melbourne. The AFL tried their hardest to kill them off a decade ago when they had a double figure debt, and couldn't do it. No chance now, sorry shagger. :)
brad scott doing his best to rid north of any hope at all,keep him forever 8 yrs of failure and counting.....good one brad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah but you can get bomb shelters to survive a nuclear war. how the * do you survive Brad Scott?

You just described 90% of threads on the main board since late September last year.
I’m just thinking how intolerable North posters will be on the mb when we win a premiership, we’ll be much worse than anyone else.

yeah but you can get bomb shelters to survive a nuclear war. how the **** do you survive Brad Scott?

Brad Scott got a very average North list to two prelims. The idea that he's a bad coach is really quite silly. Before last year, Dimma was widely considered one of the shittest coaches in the league. And now he's a premiership winning coach. Perhaps Bigfooty posters don't know as much as they claim to.

Brad Scott got a very average North list to two prelims. The idea that he's a bad coach is really quite silly. Before last year, Dimma was widely considered one of the shittest coaches in the league. And now he's a premiership winning coach. Perhaps Bigfooty posters don't know as much as they claim to.

Their coaching records are almost identical.

Games coached - Scott 179, Dimma 182.
Wins - Scott 91, Dimma 92
Losses - 88 each
Draws - Scott 0, Dimma 2
Finals coached both 50% - Scott 4 wins 4 losses, Dimma 3 wins 3 losses
Premierships - Scott 0, Dimma 1

Their coaching records are almost identical.

Games coached - Scott 179, Dimma 182.
Wins - Scott 91, Dimma 92
Losses - 88 each
Draws - Scott 0, Dimma 2
Finals coached both 50% - Scott 4 wins 4 losses, Dimma 3 wins 3 losses
Premierships - Scott 0, Dimma 1
Even after two s**t years in 2016 and 2017, and Richmond with a good year in 2017, percentage wise, Scott is still ahead on wins percentage wise and I don't even rate Scott.

North need to address the loss of their senior core of players in Harvey, Dal Santo, Swallow and Petrie.

They focussed too much on topping up and have no midfielders of a Swallow or Dal Santo calibre or the leadership Harvey brought to the team.

By 0.3%, but Scott still doesn't have a Premiership.
Blake Caracalla and getting the necessary off-field support helped Dimma quite a bit in that regard.

Similar winning percentages shows that they haven’t been too dissimilar over the years, which was the original point that was made by the original poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back