Game Day Round 1, 2018 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good on you Macmum! Big game for us today. Good luck to D.Beams, an incredibly strong leader. I'm hoping to see the emergence of 2 All Australian key defenders in McStay and Andrews. The big question is around who will kick the goals for us?

Can hardly wait. Big win today and then we open up the traditional and much loved
OPERATION BRISBANE TO MAKE THE EIGHT IN 2018 THREAD!

It’s great to have footy back.

Last edited:
Terry Wallace was recently talking about round 1 and claimed that we have had a poor preparation due to the amount of rain in Brisbane.

The game against the suns was certainly impacted by the rain. However, my understanding is that the rain in Brisbane has not been so bad as to have had a negative impact on our preparation.

Is this really the case?

Terry Wallace was recently talking about round 1 and claimed that we have had a poor preparation due to the amount of rain in Brisbane.

Whilst the game against the suns was certainly impacted by the rain my understanding is that the rain in Brisbane has not been so bad as to have had a negative impact on our preparation.

Is this really the case?
No. I would use a horse racing analogy to sum up where we are at. We are like a ‘two miler’ who is race fit and has had his last start over the jumps just to sharpen him up a bit. Expect us to win by ten lengths today on the flat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee those 6 mths went quick;)For a cricket lover maybe pfft
New season and a new era
NO more floggings.
Unless of course its us dishing it out.
Well thats my wish .
Hippy and walker 5 goals between them and 8 between the rest. Which would mean some clean inside 50s.
Carn the Lions! Dont just Win ,Beat the s**t OUT OF THEM.

And Bruce with his “isn’t it, doesn’t it, wouldn’t it”. His need for constant affirmation is pathetic.
We will probably get Derwayne “for those of you in the northern states that don’t really follow the game” though.

(as I'm up a lot earlier than that Saints supporter, I've planted even more Lions stuff around the house. Everywhere he goes, he'll have a Lion in his face!)

...hehe:p

I'm a bit nervous, may have gone a tad too far.....he has his beloved guitar on a stand in the tv room, it is now completely covered with a Lions flag.

..how do you reckon I'll go, will I survive?

Stef against billy the kid, I cant wait.
I'm a bit nervous, may have gone a tad too far.....he has his beloved guitar on a stand in the tv room, it is now completely covered with a Lions flag.

..how do you reckon I'll go, will I survive?
Hmm I reckon if the Saints win, your gonna hear MacDad play Oh when the Saints come marching in on that guitar like hes won a Grand Final.
But yeah no you havent gone too far ,maybe give him his cuppa in a Lions mug.
Hee hee.

Mixed emotuons. Glad footy is back. But geez its a touch hard to get excited about our first month.

Looking forward to hodge cameron and rayners first proper hit out in a lions jumper. Come on boys.

That point in the season where our levels of optimism for the season are reliant on our generic optimism/pessimism levels without input from the pesky elements of real results from real games is finally upon us!

In other terms we are moving from our (very short term) age of abstraction or the age of reflection where dealing with reality (how we are actually playing) trumps theories that may or may not be about reality (eg who has the best young list in the comp ... what defines 'young' etc).

And for those who actually read this far ... GO LIONS!!!!

Hmm I reckon if the Saints win, your gonna hear MacDad play Oh when the Saints come marching in on that guitar like hes won a Grand Final.
But yeah no you havent gone too far ,maybe give him his cuppa in a Lions mug.
Hee hee.

More like this. Tell him to download the guitar tab now. It’s easy to play.

That point in the season where our levels of optimism for the season are reliant on our generic optimism/pessimism levels without input from the pesky elements of real results from real games is finally upon us!

In other terms we are moving from our (very short term) age of abstraction or the age of reflection where dealing with reality (how we are actually playing) trumps theories that may or may not be about reality (eg who has the best young list in the comp ... what defines 'young' etc).

And for those who actually read this far ... GO LIONS!!!!
Have you been spending time with Billy Puller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back