Song Contest Part XI, Host: Loonerty, Theme: 2010s Hip-Hop, Votes Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got like an entire paragraph praising my nom and its integrity.

I expect donuts now.

I got like an entire paragraph praising my nom and its integrity.

I expect donuts now.

Mine was just "Nom accepted".

Woohoo!! Winner!!

Mine was just "Nom accepted".

Woohoo!! Winner!!

He just responded to mine with some nudes... positive is I know where that name comes from now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've hosted three or four times without a win in addition to the times I did win.
3-4 extra opportunities to host is a lot!
Wonder if you’ll ever return the favour :)

I would host but I don't ever expect to win. My music taste seems to be pretty different to most people here.
We're the oddities. Not huge fans of the populars styles in the contest, but not huge fans of each others, so we'll never get enough votes to win because some campaigner will always whore a Russell Morris song to beat out a 14 minute face-melting guitar solo.
Story of my song contest :p
You both podiumed sooner than I did
But time will tell whether you also win before I do

Bet you wouldn't billy it if it was a white folk singer.

I billied your disgraceful whore choice btw. Ruby Tuesday isn't that good a song anyway.

Bet you wouldn't billy it if it was a white folk singer.

I billied your disgraceful whore choice btw. Ruby Tuesday isn't that good a song anyway.

It wasn't a whore choice, that song has a lot of meaning to me, and pretty disappointed people would suggest it was a whore. Not surprised in your pretty dismal taste that you considered that worse than the billy winner though.

3-4 extra opportunities to host is a lot!
Wonder if you’ll ever return the favour :)

Story of my song contest :p
You both podiumed sooner than I did
But time will tell whether you also win before I do
Actually once I did - Ula let me host once for him and then I won while at the cricket so I got him to host for me in return. I then won that round.

It wasn't a whore choice, that song has a lot of meaning to me, and pretty disappointed people would suggest it was a whore. Not surprised in your pretty dismal taste that you considered that worse than the billy winner though.
A song that everyone knows and is widely-renowned as a classic isn't a whore choice? What's the point of playing if you're just going to nominate something everyone knows?

A song that everyone knows and is widely-renowned as a classic isn't a whore choice? What's the point of playing if you're just going to nominate something everyone knows?

I've always nommed songs that I like personally and mean something to me, whether or not other people like them. And since I came third, it's not as if I should stop doing that, hey?

If some people don't know the Stones very well - which some of the younger participants might not - they might not know it. I didn't actually think it was up there with some of their biggest hits to be honest in terms of popularity.

After all, the other band I was considering was The Kooks, wouldn't that have been fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back