Preview Round 4, 2018: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Sunday 15th April, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 100 66.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 50 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringing Gilbert in would have to be the softest, most limp wristed ******* predictable move. He’s not playing well, hasn’t been a good player for a long time but “ahhh we’ll play a mature bloke and add some experience”.

We’ve had the Gilbert experience. It’s all been downhill since that Grand Final. HE AIN’T. COMING. GOOD.

heck.

He might act like a captain too, but I haven't seen it since we spanked some teams last year. Geary is s**t and would hardly get a game anywhere else.
Mike Brearley wouldn’t have got a game elsewhere either.
Damn fine captain though.
Won the Ashes didn’t he?
There’s more to leadership than ability to play a game.
Unfortunately we, as supporters away from the inner sanctum, are rarely privileged to witness it.

I wouldn't mind if they bring in Austin. Carlisle could go forward. Just try something different, see a new face, see if Austin is AFL quality. I doubt Hickey will be in. They'll let Gilbert ruck for a portion of the game like last year. I feel Armitage will stay in the team with the warning that he has been demoted to the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Brearley wouldn’t have got a game elsewhere either.
Damn fine captain though.
Won the Ashes didn’t he?
There’s more to leadership than ability to play a game.
Unfortunately we, as supporters away from the inner sanctum, are rarely privileged to witness it.

and 95% of the time I criticize Geary I preface it with "He must be a hell of a leader off the field because..."

Interesting selections. Looking at the team I wouldn't actually be surprised if we'd pulled a surprise and didn't play Hickey and went really short, with Paddy as the only tall marking target up front and Coffield, Steele, Hunter and Lonie being the 4 on the extended bench who keep their spots.

Just go all-out for pressure.
Agree.
No point playing two average ruckmen.
Id go mobile and use Gilbo as the 2bd ruck. Drop Bruce. Carlisle can go swing man.

If lonie plays we are rewarding 4 goals and 30 touches, pretty deserving of a reward I would have thought
I watched him last week.
I have posted elsewhere of his error in Q2 which cost a certain goal.
So I won’t repeat it here.
Rookie error from a fourth year player.
His coach, who happened to be sitting above and behind where I was standing, went ballistic.
We should not reward his brain farts until he gets rid of this crap from his game.
I don’t care what his stats say, he does not deserve promotion.
All you’re going to get otherwise is:
#dejavu

******* hell. Our selection committee is shite. It's like they want us to lose.

4481E5BD00000578-4902752-image-a-27_1505911285029.jpg

Saints vs the Cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back