Toast Rd 8 Blues beat Bombers by 13 points

Remove this Banner Ad

But part of the reason we were able to exert more pressure was because we had more smaller running players and less slow KPP's like Casboult.

Remember when we had 4 KPF's and 5 KPD's in one team? No Casboult & Silvagni in our forward line helped our pressure.

Yet we have won games with both, over the last 2 years

Even if Ed goes out, that seems like a reason to bring Kennedy in rather than retain Graham.

You need to think about him in terms of what kind of opponent he can pressure, and I'm not seeing it with Melbourne. I also think he hurts our midfield minutes as much as a kid does at the moment.

Marchbank, Weitering, Murphy and one of Kennedy and Silvagni would be great against Melbourne IMO. Rowe, O'Shea and Mullet can finally step back a level and work on their skills, because I'm seeing a few people (including the players themselves) not really trusting their kicking at the moment.
Actually thought Rowe was quite good today. Will likely take Hogan when he is deep against the demons

Wow 19 tackles inside F50? That's unheard of for our team.
So crucial in the modern game.

Yep we need to stick to this formula of less slow KPP's...which means sorry but no Casboult & Silvagni down there, certainly not both in there at the same time which makes us really slow.

I’ve been screaming about this for 7 weeks. Legitimately baffling that the MC would think having Casboult, McKay, Curnow and JSOS in the forward line at any given point was a good idea.

Curnow and McKay is enough. Get the ball inside the 50 and lock it in. I hope this change is for good as I won’t be as upset if we’re losing games due to inexperience rather than having the wrong team playing.

From a different angle

laughter.gif

Fake news that was really Thy with the lighter

Yet we have won games with both, over the last 2 years

That doesn't mean that formula still works or that it's our best structure.

Are you saying you'd like to see us have both Casboult and Silvagni in our forward line sometime soon?

Because i like them and they are true Carlton players, but i think moving forward we look far better without certainly both of them in our forward line as i think it makes us too slow up there.

I’m not a Lamb fan and I’m not in the anti-lamb group.

His game didn’t surprise me, I knew he could do this, seen it before. His issue is he is on his 3rd club and once or twice a year at those 3 clubs he has a game like today.

He has been given every opportunity to do it 22 times a year and for whatever reason it hasn’t happened.

Now realistically his chances in the AFL system should be over, but they aren’t, so yet again he will get a chance to do it again next week, then the following week and then another 6 times this year.

Will he? I don’t know, I hope he does not only for the club, but for him personally.
Lamb, Daisy, Mullet, Oshea, Graham were all good today but they are not the future The only D grade player who has a 3 plus year future at Carlton is Kerridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been screaming about this for 7 weeks. Legitimately baffling that the MC would think having Casboult, McKay, Curnow and JSOS in the forward line at any given point was a good idea.

Curnow and McKay is enough. Get the ball inside the 50 and lock it in. I hope this change is for good as I won’t be as upset if we’re losing games due to inexperience rather than having the wrong team playing.

Agree completely.

Great to see McKay doing pretty well as the chop out ruck...it's the role he needs to play for us over his career to replace Casboult.

I think structurally we can have another tall up there, however both Casboult and Silvagni are lacking speed and agility.

I wouldnt be surprised if Murphy is our only in next week.

Our defense is really our strength, and with Weiters, Marchy, Byrne, Doc, Asos and Willo missing we run quite deep down back. We looked hard to score against today and that was really pleasing.

That doesn't mean that formula still works or that it's our best structure.

Are you saying you'd like to see us have both Casboult and Silvagni in our forward line sometime soon?

Because i like them and they are true Carlton players, but i think moving forward we look far better without certainly both of them in our forward line as i think it makes us too slow up there.

As long as we don't mistake slow and tall.

Eagles have played 3 tall defenders and 4 tall forwards, most of the season, along with a midfield that isn't quick nor being elite

Dogs and Bummers are smaller, quicker outfits, yet their results don't mirror the so called trend

Today was the first time my 9yo came and watched the last 5 mins. He's been drifting towards the swans (all his mates are swans supporters) gave me a massive smile. High 5. Said we've got some tough kids playing for us. And then asked if I thought his coach might allow him to swap his jumper to no.9.

Proud Dad moment. We may have just won him back.

I love this friggin club. I've already locked in the 7yo. But looks like the 9yo can see what I've been promising. Blue skies ahead all round.

Great win. And what a way to do it. Predicted an 18 point win but would've taken anything in the from of a win.
For all the non believers predicting a loss in the pre game thread.
It's ok, I accept your apology. Now go and find a mirror and stand there for a while.
Go Blues. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep agree 100%.

I think Cas still has a role to play this year as McKay probably can't go all year, but next year McKay should take over the forward/ruck role full time and Cas in the 2's.mLook so much mobile without Cas and essentially replacing him with a small, which also meant more defensive pressure.

Reckon Lang will be an absolute beauty...he's versatile in being able to play half forward/midfield and showed some class and poise.

Kerr will create movement in the forward line, free up Mackay and Curnow and give the ball carrier the confidence to move the ball into forward 50 hard and low

Remove this Banner Ad

Back