MRP / Trib. 2018 MRP - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez if curnows get done.... every touch to an ump needs a week after this... always. Can the afl be consistent enough.
Hell no! There will be extra media scrutiny for a couple weeks. There will be the usual fines. At least one player will do something very similar to the Curnows and will get off with a fine. The AFL will throw around some rubbish explanation about why it wasn’t the same, and then it will fade away.

Hell no! There will be extra media scrutiny for a couple weeks. There will be the usual fines. At least one player will do something very similar to the Curnows and will get off with a fine. The AFL will throw around some rubbish explanation about why it wasn’t the same, and then it will fade away.
Spot on.

Apparently hasn't happened since Will Minson got 4 weeks overturned in the VFL, Heath Shaw got a week for putting his hand on the umps shoulder while remonstrating and back to Diesel in '97.

Just terribly coincidental it happened 3 times after Hawkins got done and they started looking.

Nothing for Hodge or the other Geelong player last week. Not even raised.
THIS. the whole thing is just a farce. you either go over EVERY game with a fine-tooth comb or only pursue the aggressive contact (hawkins borderline slap included)

What about the Essendon player that touch the umpire? Why is that not being looked at?
Got footage ?
Not sure if you’re thinking of the same one I am. Haven’t had a chance to watch a replay and couldn’t even pinpoint it to a certain quarter, but there’s a stoppage (throw in or ball up) on the wing furthest from camera where an * player walks past an ump and doesn’t bother trying to go around him. Just walks straight through him with a hip and shoulder style. Would really like to see that one again to see if I’m remembering it right. It stood out to me at the time.

There cannot be any contact whatsoever with umpires, there's no defence.
The AFL must make it unacceptable without exception , no matter how distasteful it may be to supporters.

Don’t have Foxtel

Got sick of those w***erS
remember the original cable tv concept whereby you paid to have programs so they could be ad-free? that being the whole idea? now there's more advertising and CROSS PROMOTIONS than fta - it's garbage except for some sport, news and the odd doco - no thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully our defense brings up the fact that Hawkins was angrily remonstrating with the umpire when his contact was made and the umpire was clearly heard saying ‘don’t touch me’. Where both Curnows weren’t even in conversation with the umpires, weren’t aggressive or forceful and neither umpire can recall contact or feeling threatened at the time.
Followed by Gregson, May and any other incident of fine or non-citation.
They should then state that Cripps’ fine is grossly over-adequate.

There cannot be any contact whatsoever with umpires, there's no defence.
The AFL must make it unacceptable without exception , no matter how distasteful it may be to supporters.
It’s not that black and white unfortunately. If that was the case, Cripps would be getting a week too. I reckon every second week or so there’s a brief mention of players being fined for contact with an umpire at the end of the tribunal findings. Can’t have that many players coping a week on a regular basis.

Hopefully our defense brings up the fact that Hawkins was angrily remonstrating with the umpire when his contact was made and the umpire was clearly heard saying ‘don’t touch me’. Where both Curnows weren’t even in conversation with the umpires, weren’t aggressive or forceful and neither umpire can recall contact or feeling threatened at the time.
Followed by Gregson, May and any other incident of fine or non-citation.
They should then state that Cripps’ fine is grossly over-adequate.

Most importantly, I hope they take into mind what I have repeated a bit here.

Ask yourself this. If Dean Margetts didn't call out Hawkins for touching him, would the punishment have been a 1 week suspension? Would the AFL have made as big of a deal of it as they did?

They are comparing a case determined by results with a couple they intend to determine by action. Screams injustice to me.

from now on at the start of each quarter every player dips his hands in a bucket of warm coffee-scroll icing - we'll find the real culprits...........

2478969_0.jpg

from now on at the start of each quarter every player dips his hands in a bucket of warm coffee-scroll icing - we'll find the real culprits...........

2478969_0.jpg
Might even hang onto a couple of marks too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back