2018 NBA FINALS - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors IV - Preview + Predictions (spoilers)

Draymond Green vs Tristan Thompson-Kardashian

• Draymond Green

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Tristan Kardashian

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Priceys mum

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The discourse between KD being a snake because he chose to go to GSW and KD being a snake because he saved Lacob $25M is wildly disproportionate.
It’s all about perspective. The average fan doesn’t get too far into salary cap, contract statuses, etc, they focus on star players, winning teams, etc. These fans are usually the ones pushing their agendas via social media and forums, so hence their voice seems louder. Others understand the business aspect of the sport, so like yourself place importance on one aspect over another. The end result is that it’s subjective. Really it doesn’t matter the basis of the criticism, the end result is that I think most of us feel it is warranted, just coming from differing views.

LeBron is a great fit for every team other than Golden State.

And even then, we'd take him so it prevents a LeBron to Houston, or LeBron to 76ers situation.
Golden state would be the PERFECT FIT fit lebron. Surround lebron with shooters and your good...well gsw have 3 of the top 10 shooters of all time. Not to mention playing with that many stars would allow him to extend his career....however lebron isnt a biatch so he wont go to gsw

Another boring comparison. Who cares if LeBron's better than KD or the other way around, all that REALLY matters is whether Warriors are better than Cleveland. All the rest is horse s**t. Those two guys are amazing in that they agree with each other but make it sound as if they are having a heated argument. w***ers, both of them.

Lebron doesnt need to have a team with as much talent as gsw to really push/beat them. Even if he was on a a team with 70% of their talent,hes that good he would make up the difference. He just needs a team better than the cavs right now. They are a lottery team without him and everyone knows it.

Hugely interesting off season coming up for lebron. I want him to stay at the cavs for selfish reasons but if if (read when) he leaves,i hope its to san antonio. Its a great fit and despite how good they are,its one of the better options for him legacy wise ie avoiding criticism ala kd.

Best coach in history who loves lebron and lebron loves him.

Plays with kawhi who is an offensive beast and a defensive juggernaut allowing lebron to conserve energy.

Aldridge who is of equal value to love

Veteran pg in tony parker,whilst no longer really a star, he knows how to play the game and is more than adequate.

Decent enough role players in murray,mills and green.

Lebron doesnt need to have a team with as much talent as gsw to really push/beat them. Even if he was on a a team with 70% of their talent,hes that good he would make up the difference. He just needs a team better than the cavs right now. They are a lottery team without him and everyone knows it.

Hugely interesting off season coming up for lebron. I want him to stay at the cavs for selfish reasons but if if (read when) he leaves,i hope its to san antonio. Its a great fit and despite how good they are,its one of the better options for him legacy wise ie avoiding criticism ala kd.

Plays with kawhi who is an offensive beast and a defensive juggernaut allowing lebron to conserve energy.

Veteran pg in tony parker,whilst no longer really a star, he knows how to play the game and is more than adequate.

I've been thinking for awhile that all the talk is other franchises luring LeBron, as well as someone else like a Kawhi so they can play together. Sounds nice if it can happen but placing club politics aside for a moment, why couldn't the Cavs hold onto LeBron with a promise of securing someone of the calibre of Kawhi? All they would need to do then is offload some lemons like Clarkson and provide a more balanced list of role players to support them. To me that makes as much sense as LeBron going to someone like the 76ers.

I agree with you though, a LeBron to San Antonio would be an interesting move.

Golden state would be the PERFECT FIT fit lebron. Surround lebron with shooters and your good...well gsw have 3 of the top 10 shooters of all time. Not to mention playing with that many stars would allow him to extend his career....however lebron isnt a biatch so he wont go to gsw
would laugh my arse off if Lebron went to GSW. The internet would melt. Play Durant at centre and have 5-allstars in your starting 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careful. If the Cavs win Game 4, we know how shaky the Warriors get with 3-1 leads.

Don’t agree with that at all. He had just played a 7 game series against them and was in a winning position. He then left OKC to join them when it’s obvious they didn’t “need” him to get them over the hump. Imagine Rory Sloane left Adelaide to join Richmond this year. If he had chosen to join the Warriors if OKC had missed the playoffs or the Warriors didn’t eliminate them, then a different story. Fans want stars to compete against stars. Sure he’s free to go where he wants, no issues there, but for a star player it doesn’t look like anything but taking the easy route and a fair “F U” to the OKC fans and that’s where the criticism stems from and in my opinion is warranted.

Not the best comparison as Richmond won the premiership and GSW didn't. If GSW win it all I don't see Durant going there. It's more like someone losing to Adelaide and then going there.

And then doing his hamstring...

They would had to pay well into the luxury tax to do it, something like $25M more, but yeah they could have signed both, and I don't care about billionaires finances. It would have cost them their MLE, but Swaggy P isn't going to be thing that pushes them to glory, until he does.

Can you find me any evidence of this at all. I've read about 5 articles saying they couldn't have resigned Iggy/Livingston if Durant had signed a max, including this one...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23727612/kevin-durant-confirms-plans-stay-golden-state-warriors

So, completely change a style of play that has a team about to win their 3rd championship in 4 years?

Look, LeBron would be fine there, but I don't think it makes the Warriors better. For one, they probably have to trade Green (and maybe Klay) away to make it happen. And, having LeBron on your team means you have to play a certain way (I'm not faulting that btw, why have the 2nd greatest player ever on your team and not take advantage of it?).

Like I said before, the main benefit (much like the KD signing), was it would weaken an opponent.

No not San Antonio. Hate the Spurs more than I do the Warriors.

Not the best comparison as Richmond won the premiership and GSW didn't. If GSW win it all I don't see Durant going there. It's more like someone losing to Adelaide and then going there.

And then doing his hamstring...
GSW had already won one the prior season, thus showing he wasn’t “needed”. I beg to differ, if OKC made it to the finals, he wouldn’t have gone to the Warriors.

Back