Competition FJGD World Cup 2018 - Hub Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

fancyscum in fairness to all those who submitted their entry on time, teams that submit their entry late should he penalised like Can-Am. There is a submission date for a reason.
Considering the WC isn't for a few more days, I'm going to disagree.. If they hand it up AFTER the Russia match, then penalise them. I don't think there's any advantage in handing up things late (well, not for me at least), as I've only just had the time to work on it and I'm sure so have the others so the ones on time would have the advantage of not rushing it.

fancyscum in fairness to all those who submitted their entry on time, teams that submit their entry late should he penalised like Can-Am. There is a submission date for a reason.
There is a submission date for a reason and there is also a reason it isn't the start date of the competition. The submission date is there to give me an indication of whether anyone has gone missing or can't get their stuff in due to other things they have going on and make a plan so that the competition runs smoothly for all those that have submitted.

Penalising people ultimately doesn't really achieve anything in my eyes but having said that, if the long weekend goes by and someone still doesn't have their stuff in, I'll have to get someone else to quickly put a design together for that team so that we can have the 32 team comp run smoothly. There's only a few people I'm waiting on (a lot better than I was expecting in a 32 person competition) and most of them are long time FJGD members so I don't think I'll have an issue there.

Considering the WC isn't for a few more days, I'm going to disagree.. If they hand it up AFTER the Russia match, then penalise them. I don't think there's any advantage in handing up things late (well, not for me at least), as I've only just had the time to work on it and I'm sure so have the others so the ones on time would have the advantage of not rushing it.

I am not saying that people should be penalised, yet. But if you commit to a competition and the date that is set for submissions, then you are agreeing to submit by that date, not up to 5 days later. That was why I imposed penalties to the Can-Am as I was sick of seeing competitions delayed for days or longer because people couldn't get their entries in. Yes there is still time before the WC starts but in every competition the person running it also needs time to get themselves ready with the submitted images so any delays means that they are then delayed, it is not as if as soon as all entries are in you can immediately start posting, it does not work like that.

Unless you have some reason that is above and beyond your normal life schedule, or significant technical difficulties (being busy at work or school is not an excuse as you know before entering that this may happen so it needs to be taken into account by the entrant when they agree to enter), then there is no excuse to submit late. You join a competition, you follow the rules. Simple.

I am not saying that people should be penalised, yet. But if you commit to a competition and the date that is set for submissions, then you are agreeing to submit by that date, not up to 5 days later. That was why I imposed penalties to the Can-Am as I was sick of seeing competitions delayed for days or longer because people couldn't get their entries in. Yes there is still time before the WC starts but in every competition the person running it also needs time to get themselves ready with the submitted images so any delays means that they are then delayed, it is not as if as soon as all entries are in you can immediately start posting, it does not work like that.

Unless you have some reason that is above and beyond your normal life schedule, or significant technical difficulties (being busy at work or school is not an excuse as you know before entering that this may happen so it needs to be taken into account by the entrant when they agree to enter), then there is no excuse to submit late. You join a competition, you follow the rules. Simple.
And I do agree with all that, but penalising is not the way to go for a one off comp, I feel.

P.S. I hadn't gotten my rosters by the time I entered, just saying ;)

Happy to cop a one-match loss penalty or whatever - tbf I don't have much of an excuse to enter late given I've managed to smash out a portfolio in the time since the comp was announced.

Happy to cop a one-match loss penalty or whatever - tbf I don't have much of an excuse to enter late given I've managed to smash out a portfolio in the time since the comp was announced.

At least you have made it known that it will be late, and just late.

fancyscum how many are yet to submit? and how many of those have actually told you that the submission will be late?

At least you have made it known that it will be late, and just late.

fancyscum how many are yet to submit? and how many of those have actually told you that the submission will be late?
5 people still left to submit. FT and Ando I know are going to be late, Spanna_ said he just needs to send it to me and I haven't heard from Cody_ and Again. If I don't hear from them today then I'll ask the couple of people I have on standby to quickly design something for those nations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back