Gary Pert announced as new CEO of Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

And so continues...
...a long held Collingwood to Melbourne relationship of dumping Excess rubbish on MFC..
(Circa Heretier..Dawes..Kennedy. .Neeld)

Good luck guys.
Another narcissist with the character traits of Schwab.

The more pies fans enter this thread the more Pert looks like the scapegoat to all their woes over the past few years.

Let me guess. Pert played no part in their premiership only the downfall since. IMO the whole succession plan was a F up. It seems from that point there was a lot of turmoil on and off the field. Only now is Bucks pulling it together. I’m not saying this is a great appointment as I’m not across everything but I’m happy with it for now and happy to judge at a later date.

Let me guess. Pert played no part in their premiership only the downfall since. IMO the whole succession plan was a F up. It seems from that point there was a lot of turmoil on and off the field. Only now is Bucks pulling it together. I’m not saying this is a great appointment as I’m not across everything but I’m happy with it for now and happy to judge at a later date.

Read on Pies Board and lot of us saying Early on he was good but he started doing things that Hurt the Club in the last 2-3 Seasons.

Good being CEO as long as he Leave the Footy Department alone

And Freo fans told us how bad Schwab was, but he was Jim's man and we thought he'd be fine.

Lets just see how things play out. Pert has plenty to prove before we can tell if he's the right man.

Pert might have been a bit hands on down the line as Collingwood CEO because his President was the same.

In Bartlett he will have a President which supports him in the background and hopefully this allows him to focus on CEO business rather than the footy department which is being run with a high degree of competence by Mahoney.

Why are people being so angry? Would you rather stick your heads in the sand? Pert was s**t at the end of his time at Collingwood, and the results and stability have returned in his first season gone. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe its not. Seems like Pies fans liked him, but were happy to see him go. Lets wait and see how he does in the job before we pat ourselves on the back and assure ourselves we've got it right. Schwab nearly killed this club, be vigilant and stop being so trusting of what the club does.

Why are people being so angry? Would you rather stick your heads in the sand? Pert was s**t at the end of his time at Collingwood, and the results and stability have returned in his first season gone. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe its not. Seems like Pies fans liked him, but were happy to see him go. Lets wait and see how he does in the job before we pat ourselves on the back and assure ourselves we've got it right. Schwab nearly killed this club, be vigilant and stop being so trusting of what the club does.

Whos angry? Pies fans are coming in with all the backhanded comments, we're just responding to them.

The whole club at Collingwood was a shambles towards the end of his tenure. And when the s**t hit the fan there were too many big personalities to sort out. that's why they needed a club wide review. Him leaving was just one of the many changes that happened at the end of last year.

This just seems like the exact same reaction we got when Jackson was appointed. Essendon fans coming in here talking him down and scapegoating him for all the woes the club was in at the time of his departure, never-mind that he was the man at the top when the side won their last premiership.

Also this was really more of an AFL appointment. The club wanted to promote internally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know anything about him as a CEO but like Jackson he has come from a big club with the support of the AFL. Which means like Jackson he probably knows the right things to say to the AFL to get a better deal for us as we go along. So on that basis I'm fine with it. The only thing Jackson wasn't able to get off the AFL was some Friday night games, but I think that will change next year anyway.

Micro management was one of his negatives, sitting on the recruiting table of draft night and enforcing his opinions is an example. Let's hope he's learnt from the past

Read Pies Board Early Hurt Club Seasons.

Good CEO Leave Footy Department

If I remove all the words you don't capitalize, it reveals a hidden message!

You sound like you hate everyone.

I like it

Good luck - hope Pert does a great job for MFC. There was a conga line of people happy to see the back of him at Collingwood

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is a similar line forming of all of us in here wanting you f***wits to piss off so thanks for your 2c.
One thing I'd happily take very little notice of, is a Collingwood fan attempting to suggest they have even the slightest inkling into how a business should run and hence passing judgement on a CEO.

Guess we'll "learn" a little bit more about this decision and it's ramifications from Caro tonight on Classified. No doubt one or all of the words, "shocked", "blindsided", "eye-brow raising", "disgruntled", "fallout", "faction", "leaned-on", "upset", "split", "heated phone-call", "disastrous" and "destabilising" will get a solid showing. Possibly all in the same sentence and without a breath for air.

Guess we'll "learn" a little bit more about this decision and it's ramifications from Caro tonight on Classified. No doubt one or all of the words, "shocked", "blindsided", "eye-brow raising", "disgruntled", "fallout", "faction", "leaned-on", "upset", "split", "heated phone-call", "disastrous" and "destabilising" will get a solid showing. Possibly all in the same sentence and without a breath for air.
Caro's still on holiday, so you'll have to make do with Damian Barrett for the hyperbole tonight...

Commercially, this is a cracking appointment.

Regarding his involvement with the footy department, hopefully he'll allow Mahoney & Viney to continue to run that without the need to feel like he needs to be intimately involved in the day to day.

Commercially, this is a cracking appointment.

Regarding his involvement with the footy department, hopefully he'll allow Mahoney & Viney to continue to run that without the need to feel like he needs to be intimately involved in the day to day.
As a new CEO, he's going to have to send a lot of time getting to know the new job and the club. He won't have time to be sticking his nose into the footy department - maybe in a year or two. If we keep winning, I doubt he'll bother. If we start to decline, who knows? But it's not something to be worried about at this early stage.

I know I'm a harbinger of doom and that FB means nothing, but saw this

IM-PERT-INENT

Some salty rumblings around that PJ might not be rapt with the Pert appointment given he was in favour of a succession plan. Was mentioned last week too that he's not a fan of footy club boards and had expressed frustration about them to a supporter at training recently.

Geez I hope we don't stuff this up.

I'm happy at this stage with Pert, but surely if PJ was happy to do it then Pert would be putting his hand up for the succession plan arrangement? He could learn a lot from the best CEO we've (arguably) ever had.

No official word yet from the club or PJ, and it's all been a bit quietly handled, which seems strange. With Pert officially starting at end of season, does that mean PJ won't be hanging around?

IM-PERT-INENT

Some salty rumblings around that PJ might not be rapt with the Pert appointment given he was in favour of a succession plan. Was mentioned last week too that he's not a fan of footy club boards and had expressed frustration about them to a supporter at training recently.

I'm happy at this stage with Pert, but surely if PJ was happy to do it then Pert would be putting his hand up for the succession plan arrangement? He could learn a lot from the best CEO we've (arguably) ever had.

No official word yet from the club or PJ, and it's all been a bit quietly handled, which seems strange. With Pert officially starting at end of season, does that mean PJ won't be hanging around?
Barret did say that the board did go over PJ for the Pert appointment, and that PJ wasn't overly happy with it

IM-PERT-INENT

The same PJ that oversaw nearly zero leaks from the club in his time, the same club that used to leak like james hirds forehead, told a supporter at training tht he wasnt happy with an appointment replacing him leaving after tendering his resignation/retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back