Cyril Rioli retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Up there with Buddy as the favourite. The only ******* reason i turned up.

Now i have nothing left
Feel your pain mate.
We were like that with Richo for years. Only reason we turned up to games.

Champion player pivotal in 3 premierships .Great courage for a small,light player all through his career. Rarely turned ball over ,exquisite skill and balance. 480471216.jpg

Congratulations on a grear career. Im sure Hawks will miss him greatly, and perhaps many others. Not so much for myself, never thought he was that special - dime a dozen type stuff - but still you dont achieve what he has without being alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was nobody better to watch in full flight (apart from maybe Buddy). Its a shame injuries meant we didn't get to see it as often as we should've :'(

Someone please explain why is he retiring? I must be living under a rock
Without knowing all the details as it’s nobodies business but his he wants to go home which is fair enough since he moved away from home when he was 14, some perspective for the guys who get homesick moving from Melbourne to Adelaide

What do you mean? His retirement cuts his club short, as he has had 2 years remaining on his contract. Possibly 2 years of salary that the club may have to find moving forward.

As I stated he has been a great servant of the club.
It won't count under the cap. End of. Stop beating a dead horse.

He had a wonderful career.

Interestingly, Contracted until 2020. I would expect his player payments to remain in salary cap until then of course. Players can’t just retire early and expect their contract to not form a part off the tpp.

Sorry to dampen the parade mate, but he wasn’t signed as a free agent, so Cap space is free. Ferken look out Free Agency.

Cyril was an absolute star.

I love the absolute parrot-ness of the "cyril is overrated" camp. Richmond have only just now helped people understand just how important defensive pressure is to winning games. The only fwd in the history of the game that would possibly be better than cyril at it shares his last name.

So many goals were kicked by Hawthorn on the back if his defensive efforts, and he was unselfish to the point of utter absurdity.

That, and he could turn a match on its head in an instant.

Star of the game. 3xAA norm smith medalist and the fwd pocket spot of the Hawthorn team of the century is his.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back